Ethics committee warns sitting federal judges not to affiliate with the Federalist Society

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
Obama's appointees..
3n6chk.gif

On Wednesday, the Judicial Conference’s Codes of Conduct Committee, a national panel of high-ranking federal judges responsible for policy-making on U.S. courts, released a draft advisory opinion warning federal judges against affiliating with the Federalist Society, one of the nation’s foremost associations of conservative and libertarian lawyers.
Ethics committee warns sitting federal judges not to affiliate with the Federalist Society

Obama's appointees..

On Wednesday, the Judicial Conference’s Codes of Conduct Committee, a national panel of high-ranking federal judges responsible for policy-making on U.S. courts, released a draft advisory opinion warning federal judges against affiliating with the Federalist Society, one of the nation’s foremost associations of conservative and libertarian lawyers.

Yeah, the Wall Street Journal ran an big editorial yesterday shaming them for doing this. The idea seems to be to try to leave only far-left-leaning legal advisory boards "qualified" to recommend people for judgeships, partly by tarring this highly respectable legal society as some sort of Ku Klux Klan lookalike. These people have no shame.

When I was in school, school officials actually encouraged us to affiliate with this trashy organization. I would never do such a thing. I'm glad that the Federalist Society is being exposed. Scalia was heavily involved with this bunch.

I can't believe they don't care if terrorist lawyers associate with the ACLU or the SPLC. Then again, I can't believe they really think these pictured lawyers are ethical. I see no intersection between lawyers and morals or integrity.

I can't believe they don't care if terrorist lawyers associate with the ACLU or the SPLC. Then again, I can't believe they really think these pictured lawyers are ethical. I see no intersection between lawyers and morals or integrity.

What is a "terrorist lawyer"? Are there any lawyers who work with the ACLU or the SPLC who are affiliated with terrorism? If you know of a lawyer who is working for some terrorist organization, have you reported this person to federal, state, or local authorities?

What is a "terrorist lawyer"? Are there any lawyers who work with the ACLU or the SPLC who are affiliated with terrorism? If you know of a lawyer who is working for some terrorist organization, have you reported this person to federal, state, or local authorities?
All non racist believers in our constitution know the SPLC and ACLU are terrorist organizations.

All non racist believers in our constitution know the SPLC and ACLU are terrorist organizations.

Just who would be "non racist believers in our constitution"? Is a racial group (or any other demographic group) is being subjected to unfair criticism, or attacks on its civil rights by some other group playing identity politics, forms an organization to defend itself, and its members and its supporters are vocal in taking counter-measures, do you consider them to be racist?

The ACLU defends people/groups whose constitutional rights are under attack, which usually occurs when a group is unpopular. The SPLC identifies groups that spread hatred in society and attack other groups in society, which is merely a warning so that people can be on the lookout for them. This has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, so slinging the term "terrorist" around is just plain stupid.

Forum List

Back