Ethics and The A-Bomb

Once again you fucking donkey dick sucker......you said:

"Curvelight has made the claim we never intended to Invade Japan."

So show where I made that claim you lying fuck.

So Curvelight..... Since the US was prepared to invade the home Islands, the Japanese were unwilling to surrender and were training their civilians to human wave attack the landing beaches with bamboo spears, and you never claimed the casualty figures were false..... You would rather have seen several MILLION dead Japanese and upwards of a million casualties on the allied side, rather then drop 2 bombs that killed FAR less people?

And you want us to believe that dropping the bombs was unethical?

Here's a decent link for people to ignore:

The Hiroshima Myth by John V. Denson

Without a doubt the biggest factor of ignorance regarding this issue is the Emperor.

With all the atrocities Japan committed why didn't the US prosecute Japan's leader? (Hint: that was part of the conditional surrender)

Gee. It almost gets boring to predict something so accurately.

You cannot "predict" the past, stupid.

You CAN, however, as YOU keep proving, misinterpret the historical record.

I PREDICT that you will continue to deny objective conclusive historic evidence in favor of your ridiculous conspiracy theory.

I don't believe you can use the word "ethical", to apply to any war. At best you can claim necessity. As the saying goes: "The longer a war lasts the more like your enemy you become". Was the dropping of the bombs necessary? Yes. Was it ethical? No.

And I disagree. The question is a simple one. DO we kill a few hundred thousand in order to save MILLIONS or do we just kill MILLIONS. That is an ethics question. You may not LIKE the ethics but it is ethical.

Your saying it does not make it so. Your question implies you have the right to decide who lives and who dies, you don't. The only life you have a right to make that choice about is your own.

Absolutely incorrect. Decisions of the most horrific choices are caused by tyrannical governments and leaders that force men and women of good will to make such choices.

Please, naivete informs your statement. Please think very carefully before uttering such statements.

So Curvelight..... Since the US was prepared to invade the home Islands, the Japanese were unwilling to surrender and were training their civilians to human wave attack the landing beaches with bamboo spears, and you never claimed the casualty figures were false..... You would rather have seen several MILLION dead Japanese and upwards of a million casualties on the allied side, rather then drop 2 bombs that killed FAR less people?

You are a coward. An intellectual coward and an ethical coward. YOU keep making ignorant claims that are not true and I can link to them through out this thread.

YOU claimed Japan made numerous attempts to surrender before the Bombs were dropped. AN out right LIE you can not support. They made one attempt and it was not a surrender but a cessation of Hostilities with Japan relinquishing captured territory after Dec 1941 and the Allies returning Captured Japanese territory.

YOU claimed that Japan made the EXACT same offer to surrender before the bombs were dropped as the one we finally accepted, which was UNCONDITIONAL. Another bald faced lie.

YOU claimed Japan did not surrender UNCONDITIONALLY, when we all know and have the surrender documents to prove they did EXACTLY that.

YOU claimed that the US fabricated casualty estimates for an invasion of Japan. Implying further that we had no intention of invading and that Japan was already beaten. Another lie.

You are a coward. An intellectual coward and an ethical coward. YOU keep making ignorant claims that are not true and I can link to them through out this thread.

YOU claimed Japan made numerous attempts to surrender before the Bombs were dropped. AN out right LIE you can not support. They made one attempt and it was not a surrender but a cessation of Hostilities with Japan relinquishing captured territory after Dec 1941 and the Allies returning Captured Japanese territory.

YOU claimed that Japan made the EXACT same offer to surrender before the bombs were dropped as the one we finally accepted, which was UNCONDITIONAL. Another bald faced lie.

YOU claimed Japan did not surrender UNCONDITIONALLY, when we all know and have the surrender documents to prove they did EXACTLY that.

YOU claimed that the US fabricated casualty estimates for an invasion of Japan. Implying further that we had no intention of invading and that Japan was already beaten. Another lie.

And I disagree. The question is a simple one. DO we kill a few hundred thousand in order to save MILLIONS or do we just kill MILLIONS. That is an ethics question. You may not LIKE the ethics but it is ethical.

Your saying it does not make it so. Your question implies you have the right to decide who lives and who dies, you don't. The only life you have a right to make that choice about is your own.

Absolutely incorrect. Decisions of the most horrific choices are caused by tyrannical governments and leaders that force men and women of good will to make such choices.

Please, naivete informs your statement. Please think very carefully before uttering such statements.

You're full of shit and I've proven several times the bombs were not necessary but you keep on wrapping your ignorance up in a form of patriotism indistinguishable from butt monkey crack.

You're full of shit and I've proven several times the bombs were not necessary but you keep on wrapping your ignorance up in a form of patriotism indistinguishable from butt monkey crack.

You have not proven anything. Once again, you claimed the Japanese made numerous attempts to surrender before the bombs were dropped. A LIE.

You claimed that Japan made an offer EXACTLY like what was given them after the bombs. A LIE.

You claimed that Japan was offered a conditional surrender. Again a LIE.

MEANWHILE, I provided PROOF Japan made ONE attempt to end the war before the bombs were dropped and that was no surrender offer.

I provided proof that even after both bombs were dropped and the Soviets declared war the Japanese Government REFUSED to surrender. It took the DIRECT intervention of the Emperor and that was nearly foiled by an attempted Coup by the Army.

Try again you coward.

You have not proven anything. Once again, you claimed the Japanese made numerous attempts to surrender before the bombs were dropped. A LIE.

You claimed that Japan made an offer EXACTLY like what was given them after the bombs. A LIE.

MEANWHILE, I provided PROOF Japan made ONE attempt to end the war before the bombs were dropped and that was no surrender offer.

I provided proof that even after both bombs were dropped and the Soviets declared war the Japanese Government REFUSED to surrender. It took the DIRECT intervention of the Emperor and that was nearly foiled by an attempted Coup by the Army.

Try again you coward.

Try again you coward.

So you can not provide any factual evidence to support your bogus claims? We already knew this, keep on lying it is hilarious.

Try again you coward.

So you can not provide any factual evidence to support your bogus claims? We already knew this, keep on lying it is hilarious.

"I think it was a good thing that Harry Truman dropped the atomic bomb on Japan. That is all I have to say about my parents"
-Watchmen

Forum List

Back