Ethical Question...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Why do you wear clothes?

Obviously there are reasons involving protection... cold, mosquitos, sun, working in toxic or dangerous environments, and other times when skin protection is required to safely and/or comfortably do what needs to be done where it needs doing...

But how about when clothes aren't necessary for protection?

Why do you wear clothes when you don't need to wear clothes?
:dunno:

Why do you wear clothes?

Obviously there are reasons involving protection... cold, mosquitos, sun, working in toxic or dangerous environments, and other times when skin protection is required to safely and/or comfortably do what needs to be done where it needs doing...

I always need to wear cloths, No ethics to it. I also always wear shoes. I sleep in my shoes due to complications from diabetes. I can not risk damaging my feet or scratching my legs.

That's one of the best reasons ever, RGS - but it kind of falls back in to the category of a need for protection.

Only a fool fries bacon in the nude ;)

You are used to wearing clothes in public as a social norm. You wear clothes when not needed due to habit.

We have been wearing clothes since the garden. I don't think that is it but I also do not think we are conscious of modesty, etc unless God points that out to us. Otherwise? We don't see it. Nor would we ever consider our own attire as causing other people to sin by looking. Jesus said if you even look at a woman with lust in your heart you have commited adultery. So that would mean there is responsibility to women as well as men. Otherwise it is leading others into temptation which has serious consequences on all fronts. One we often do not think about is reviling.. leading someone else into the sin of reviling is a wicked thing yet I see it happen almost every day. I don't think people consider it much less notice they are doing it.

Why do you wear clothes?

I believe you answered you own question, Joe. It is a question of ethics. Ethics : What is acceptable and right conduct - the moral quality of an action, etc.

Yeah, I just wanted to see how others thought on the subject. Clothes are a perplexing social norm... especially beach wear - if ever there was an environment where nude was the way to go, it's a day at the beach.

I run around naked whenever I can, and in Sunny Florida, that's just about every day. We need more clothing optional beaches, though.

The worst is that the only public nude beach is Haulover, and the dogs are STRICTLY not allowed. :mad:

I suppose that the 'moral' aspect is the most puzzling... Do folks cover their nakedness for God? Do they think He doesn't know what they look like? Do they think He cares?

Yeah, I just wanted to see how others though on the subject. Clothes are a perplexing social norm... especially beach wear - if ever there was an environment where nude was the way to go, it's a day at the beach.

I run around naked whenever I can, and in Sunny Florida, that's just about every day. We need more clothing optional beaches, though.

The worst is that the only public nude beach is Haulover, and the dogs are STRICTLY not allowed. :mad:

Been to beaches in Europe where half the people are nude. Honestly, after 20 minutes or so, no one really pays any attention to them (except this one blonde vavoom!)

Seriously, until then I never questioned it.

I don't.

Except when I have to.

Most clothing is painful to me so I just don't wear them.

===============
===============

Related -

How about in bed?

What do you sleep in?

Needless to say, I don't wear anything and I have the highest count sheets I can find. Right now, our sheets are 1000 count. Expensive but worth it.

Why do you wear clothes?

who said we do? :D

I don't.

Except when I have to.

Most clothing is painful to me so I just don't wear them.

===============
===============

Related -

How about in bed?

What do you sleep in?

Needless to say, I don't wear anything and I have the highest count sheets I can find. Right now, our sheets are 1000 count. Expensive but worth it.

Good question!!!

I'm one... any other nude sleepers in the house?

Forum List

Back