Et tu, Rahm?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by taichiliberal, Jan 14, 2012.

1. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Ralph Nader has continuously stated for the last 12 years that the line that separates the Democrats and the Republicans is very thin and blurry...and fast disappearing.

A perfect example is what Rahm Emanuel is doing to "prepare" Chicago for the up-coming G8 Summit protests....shades of the 1968 Dem convention fiasco. Check it out:

Occupy Chicago & Activists, Protest Rahm Emanuel's Anti-Protest Ordinance.

* Virtually every street protest in the downtown would be designated a "large parade" requiring $1 million liability insurance and for organizers to "agree to reimburse the city for any damage to the public way or to city property arising out of or caused by the parade";
    * Large parade or not, organizers would be required to provide the city with "a description of any recording equipment, sound amplification equipment, banners, signs, or other attention-getting devices to be used in connection with the parade" at least a week in advance of the march;

* Every contingent in the march and the order in which they would appear would have to be registered at least a week in advance with the City;

* Demonstration organizers would be required to have one marshal for every 100 participants; and,

* Under a wholly new section of the municipal code (10-8-334), even gatherings on sidewalks, with no presence in the streets, would now be subject to demands that they get permits, giving the City extraordinary latitude to dictate what union and other pickets occur or get shut down by police action. Conceivably, each General Assembly meeting of Occupy Chicago would require a separate City permit, each with its $50 application fee, weeks' long application process, etc.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...nce?via=recent

2. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    This is a surprise?

Leftists don't care much for free speech.

3. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239

As opposed to rightest? You're missing the point.......what's going on here is NO different than the crap that was pulled by Bloomberg during the 2004 GOP convention in NYC.

What I'm saying is that Nader was right with regarding to political PARTIES, NOT individual ideology.

Not all liberals are progressive, not all conservatives are "new" conservatives.

At no, I'm not surprised.....just giving a sarcastic subject title.

Oh, and FYI.....it's one of your hated "leftist" political sites that's blowing the whistle loud on this....as it's been on NPR, WBAI, etc.

4. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    I don't hate leftists. I'm not ruled by emotion, unlike some people.

By the way, you might check into the history of free speech zones.

5. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I already stated that the two parties are alike on many levels.....pointing out that the Dems did the same thing as the GOP in NYC just reinforces my point. It's been an on-going struggle in this country. Observe:

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/fr...f-Assembly-History-United-States-Timeline.htm

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  6. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    Did you know your opinion isn't fact? True story!
    And yet, oddly, I don't recall you criticizing Dems.

7. old navy

old navy <<< Action Figures

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Bloomberg is also a leftie

8. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,592
    Rahm's a real rookie who should spend more time studying the history contained in the Democrat Machine Policy Manual, chapter 5...Civil Unrest.

The trick is to just lure the troublemakers into a controllable area, say Grant Park over near Balbo Ave. behind the Hilton Hotel. Then whenever you feel like it you close your forces in around them and let 'em knock a few heads. It works well and just once in a great while something goes wrong, like the killings during the Haymarket Riots, but, hey, accidents happen.

C'mon, Rham, make the Machine proud of you.

9. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Well, all you have to do is just a quick search of threads that I started and you'll see at least two that do so. And since THIS thread contradicts what you state here, it would seem that your cognitive reasoning skills and retention abilities needs some sharpening.

10. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Wrong. Bloomberg switch party affiliations awhile back.