Essentially The Republican Party is Dead!

The republican party is essentially dead. Due to the covert action/takeover of violent libertarians and Christian Fundamentalists. Most all republicans have been purged from elective office. This is why my father in law a fiscal conservative republican for at least 60 years moved to the democratic party in Pennsylvania 3 years ago.

My in laws cannot stomach the Bush family of politicians and politics which has a tight grip on the party. They are not republicans,they are not fiscal conservative and certainly NOT socially responsible.

Fiscal conservative and Socially Responsible republicans have no home unless they do as my inlaws have done. Incidentally my Father in law happens to be a quite a brilliant fiscal conservative.

My inlaws could never bring themselves to vote for a Bush. Quite stunning was they voted Kerry and Gore.

Maybe in your Merrill-centric world they are dead, but in the rel world we are not even close.

The republican party is essentially dead. Due to the covert action/takeover of violent libertarians and Christian Fundamentalists. Most all republicans have been purged from elective office. This is why my father in law a fiscal conservative republican for at least 60 years moved to the democratic party in Pennsylvania 3 years ago.

My in laws cannot stomach the Bush family of politicians and politics which has a tight grip on the party. They are not republicans,they are not fiscal conservative and certainly NOT socially responsible.

Fiscal conservative and Socially Responsible republicans have no home unless they do as my inlaws have done. Incidentally my Father in law happens to be a quite a brilliant fiscal conservative.

My inlaws could never bring themselves to vote for a Bush. Quite stunning was they voted Kerry and Gore.

lol My God man, put down the kool-aid.

Democrats have ZERO, ZERO credibility on any fiscal matter.

And the republicans ran on jobs jobs jobs. How is that working out so far?

WE must all think about what republicans have left behind for democratic administrations to clean up which BTW is no mean feat. Multiple offenses have made it damn difficult for America to catch up.

Read and think about the magnitude of these events which have cost millions upon millions their jobs,retirement programs and medical insurance!

In fact it appears to be policy of republican administrations.

AND they are still trying to steal OUR Social Security Insurance dollars and give it to greedy Wall Street investors. That is simply unacceptable.

It's YOUR money! 4 cases in point to be considered:

1. The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist(Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion)
The Bush family and the S&L (Savings and Loan) Scandal

2. Wall Street Bank Fraud on Consumers under Bush/Cheney sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many trillions. What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a housing bubble? | Dollars & Sense

3. Only 3 financial institutions were actually at risk why $700 billion of bail out money?
"Good Billions After Bad" - One Year After Wall Street Bailout, Pulitzer Winners Barlett and Steele Investigate Where All the Money Went

4. Social Security Insurance AT Risk for no reason. This would cost taxpayers $4 trillion, plus add $300 billion to the debt each of the next 20 years, place taxpayers insurance money at risk and wreck the economy)
Social Security Q&A | Dollars & Sense

Now how exactly does any of the above represent Fiscal Conservative values? Fiscal Responsible values? Responsibility at all?

The Fiscal Conservative republican party as it was once known is dead!

I find it absolutely comical you rag on repubs about fiscal matters and dont speak a word about democrats who have controlled every congress except two in the last hundred years.

You dont mention that democrats emptied SS by law.

I can see I have been much too kind to you.

"I find it absolutely comical you rag on repubs about fiscal matters and dont speak a word about democrats who have controlled every congress except two in the last hundred years"; is it a lie or abject ignorance?

As Yogi said, youse could look it up: The Republican Party held the leadership for 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 80, 83, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 and 112 (current) House of Representatives.

You know that the Republication and Democratic parties have survived because Americans as a whole remain centralist with a right or left lean depending on party. The problem is when a fringe ideology becomes too influential. A good example being the TP's negative impact on congress, and their failed attempt to produce creditable presidential candidate that could show any kind of staying power. The Repubs will pay a price for this but only in the short term.

You know that the Republication and Democratic parties have survived because Americans as a whole remain centralist with a right or left lean depending on party. The problem is when a fringe ideology becomes too influential. A good example being the TP's negative impact on congress, and their failed attempt to produce creditable presidential candidate that could show any kind of staying power. The Repubs will pay a price for this but only in the short term.

Your comment deserved a thank you though I wonder about your conclusion. More and more former Republicans claim to be Independents and many of these put forth Libertarian Ideas. I wonder if by 2016 the Republican Party might become a third party, and the Libertarian Party the counterpoint to the Democrats?

Ten more months s0ns..........enjoy it while you can.............

prostate-exam-assume-the-position-demotivational-poster-1258957430-2.jpg

Ten more months? What is going to happen in ten months? a new set of corporate stooges?

WE must all think about what republicans have left behind for democratic administrations to clean up which BTW is no mean feat. Multiple offenses have made it damn difficult for America to catch up.

Read and think about the magnitude of these events which have cost millions upon millions their jobs,retirement programs and medical insurance!

In fact it appears to be policy of republican administrations.

AND they are still trying to steal OUR Social Security Insurance dollars and give it to greedy Wall Street investors. That is simply unacceptable.

It's YOUR money! 4 cases in point to be considered:

1. The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist(Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion)
The Bush family and the S&L (Savings and Loan) Scandal

2. Wall Street Bank Fraud on Consumers under Bush/Cheney sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many trillions. What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a housing bubble? | Dollars & Sense

3. Only 3 financial institutions were actually at risk why $700 billion of bail out money?
"Good Billions After Bad" - One Year After Wall Street Bailout, Pulitzer Winners Barlett and Steele Investigate Where All the Money Went

4. Social Security Insurance AT Risk for no reason. This would cost taxpayers $4 trillion, plus add $300 billion to the debt each of the next 20 years, place taxpayers insurance money at risk and wreck the economy)
Social Security Q&A | Dollars & Sense

Now how exactly does any of the above represent Fiscal Conservative values? Fiscal Responsible values? Responsibility at all?

The Fiscal Conservative republican party as it was once known is dead!

I find it absolutely comical you rag on repubs about fiscal matters and dont speak a word about democrats who have controlled every congress except two in the last hundred years.

"I find it absolutely comical you rag on repubs about fiscal matters and dont speak a word about democrats who have controlled every congress except two in the last hundred years"; is it a lie or abject ignorance?

As Yogi said, youse could look it up: The Republican Party held the leadership for 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 80, 83, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 and 112 (current) House of Representatives.

You can skew the numbers but dems still had 31 terms in there from 71 to 104 while the R's had 14. One party can do huge amounts of damage with that much consecutive time in office.

You can skew the numbers but dems still had 31 terms in there from 71 to 104 while the R's had 14. One party can do huge amounts of damage with that much consecutive time in office.

I didn't "skew the numers" it's your side of argument(s) which rely on lies and hyperbole.

And really, who give a damn about 100 years of control when the Republicans were in control during the drunken sailor budgets of George W. Bush?

Oh, and btw the R's also controlled the 109th Congress.

Last edited:

i think reports of its demise are premature....

though i do miss the smart republicans who used to be in congress...

where are you now al d'amato, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you... woo woo woo...

i think reports of its demise are premature....

though i do miss the smart republicans who used to be in congress...

where are you now al d'amato, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you... woo woo woo...

:lol:

The demise began at Reagan/Bush entry to the white house. Newt came in and gave it a huge push with Jerry Falwell stepping up to the plate with money and candidates.

This has been a tight well oiled mechanism. In essence lots of money bought the republican name for very right wing thinkers to include Christian Fundamentalists. Falwell would boast of this accomplishment on public talk shows.

How? The very right wing would not tolerate any republican that would not support the right wing agenda. Any repub voting across the aisle or simply not in support of the right wing would be replaced at the first opportunity. Yes this required tons of money and lying political ads.... nasty campaigns.

Local repubs were impacted the same. Some would be quoted as not being christian enough. This took a bit but it's a done deal.

Not only that this new extreme party was able to avoid the ballot process usually necessary for any new "third party" to become legitimate. Had the extreme right not bought the Repub party name I contend they would not be ruining the USA economy as we speak.

The left was raising their toast glasses
after Obama was elected.They were
celebrating the end of the GOP.
Then the election in 2010 happened....
Celebration over.

New Topics

Forum List

Back