ESPN’s Paul Finebaum Apologizes For Saying ‘This Country Does Not Oppress Black People’

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Someone recently made a post asking why white people think anything "black associated" is racist, this is a great example of exactly that occurring...

ESPN’s Paul Finebaum Apologizes For Saying ‘This Country Does Not Oppress Black People’

This is what Finebaum initially said...

I don’t understand where Colin is coming from in terms of this specific issue. He’s upset about the way minorities are being dealt with, in his words ‘oppressed,’ he’s talking about police brutality, sitting down during the national anthem, I don’t think he is the connector to those issues.

and here's what he said in his apology days later...

I could spend the rest of my life trying to talk my way out of it, but I can’t. I blew it. I simply did not have a good grasp of the situation. I know better. I’ve lived in this country. I see what is going on all across the country fromm north to south, east to west. And I have no excuse. I can’t explain why I articulated the words the way they (sic) did. But I did. And there’s a public record of it. And there’s a natural reaction. And I respect that. And all I can say is I made a terrible mistake. In trying to express a feeling that I probably — not probably — I had no right to express.

I think the more people like him listen, instead of knee-jerk reacting, America will start becoming a better place.

Someone recently made a post asking why white people think anything "black associated" is racist, this is a great example of exactly that occurring...

This is what Finebaum initially said...

I don’t understand where Colin is coming from in terms of this specific issue. He’s upset about the way minorities are being dealt with, in his words ‘oppressed,’ he’s talking about police brutality, sitting down during the national anthem, I don’t think he is the connector to those issues.

and here's what he said in his apology days later...

I could spend the rest of my life trying to talk my way out of it, but I can’t. I blew it. I simply did not have a good grasp of the situation. I know better. I’ve lived in this country. I see what is going on all across the country fromm north to south, east to west. And I have no excuse. I can’t explain why I articulated the words the way they (sic) did. But I did. And there’s a public record of it. And there’s a natural reaction. And I respect that. And all I can say is I made a terrible mistake. In trying to express a feeling that I probably — not probably — I had no right to express.

I think the more people like him listen, instead of knee-jerk reacting, America will start becoming a better place.
You mean if everyone buys the bs you're selling?

Forum List

Back