ESPN Is Trying To Make The NFL Politically Correct

Sure.......the off-season just started.

Now who's lying?

Last offseason, moron.

So you think while with the Jets he got better coaching. A team with a Head Coach that didn't want him in the first place?

Not everyone knows how to develop QBs.

I think that no matter who coaches him it wont matter.

He will continue to be a sub 50% passer and he will revert to the same arm release in live play no matter what. It's just who he is.

Last offseason, moron.

So you think while with the Jets he got better coaching. A team with a Head Coach that didn't want him in the first place?

He will continue to be a sub 50% passer and he will revert to the same arm release in live play no matter what. It's just who he is.

If you say you know about football so much you know that muscle-memory overrules that. Repetition, doing it the right way can change bad habits.

Everyone who plays football sometimes needs someone to point out their bad habits. It's up to the player if he wants to learn it. Nobody can force you.

Tom Brady corrected his flaws to improve his accuracy and consistency. I figure Tebow, with the right coaching, could be more consistent. One of the things I learned too late when kicking was that there is more than one way to improve accuracy. I used to kick with a square toe kicking boot but I had more power kicking soccer-style, however I wasn't as accurate. I've made fieldgoals from 60 yds soccer-style but I could only make it from 50 straight kicking.

Sure.......the off-season just started.

Now who's lying?

Last offseason, moron.

While I would agree that the right situation might change an average QB to a star, Tebow has NOT been an average QB. As a passer, he's been well below average. You are saying teams should be making Tebow into a project, probably at the expense of a more NFL-ready passer. Especially considering how well Luck, RGIII and Wilson have done this year, that's not a chance I see a lot of teams being willing to take. They have to worry about cap space, roster limits, even media hype and team morale.

I won't deny Tebow's ability to run the ball, his seeming willingness to do as he's told, or the praise his teammates in Denver gave him. Still, it's this desire to give him all the credit for the Broncos wins last year that I find baffling. Didn't they win one of their games with Tebow completing only 2 passes?

And as has been said, if the Jaguars are going to give you a pass, you probably don't have much shot at being an NFL starting QB.

If you say you know about football so much you know that muscle-memory overrules that. Repetition, doing it the right way can change bad habits.

Everyone who plays football sometimes needs someone to point out their bad habits. It's up to the player if he wants to learn it. Nobody can force you.

Tom Brady corrected his flaws to improve his accuracy and consistency. I figure Tebow, with the right coaching, could be more consistent. One of the things I learned too late when kicking was that there is more than one way to improve accuracy. I used to kick with a square toe kicking boot but I had more power kicking soccer-style, however I wasn't as accurate. I've made fieldgoals from 60 yds soccer-style but I could only make it from 50 straight kicking.

Tom Brady has been a 60% + passer his entire NFL career and he never had mechanics even approaching anything Tebow exhibits. Brady has tweaked his release over the years, not completely overhauled it like what is needed for Tebow.

Tom Brady has been a 60% + passer his entire NFL career and he never had mechanics even approaching anything Tebow exhibits. Brady has tweaked his release over the years, not completely overhauled it like what is needed for Tebow.

Throwing a ball is learned. One thing you can't teach is arm strength. You can teach accuracy.

Brady has shortened his release. Instead of an arching motion it's more a snapping motion. Brady vs. Manning: An In-Depth Look at the Mechanics Behind their Success - CoachUp Blog | CoachUp Blog

He got good coaching after he left college. He was smart. I saw a documentary on him a couple of months ago. He says he owes a lot of it to his throwing coach.

I talked to the Chargers Special Teams coach about mechanics and developing consistency. He said you have to do the motion exactly the same way to develop it. It takes practice and constant repetition.

Last offseason, moron.

While I would agree that the right situation might change an average QB to a star, Tebow has NOT been an average QB. As a passer, he's been well below average. You are saying teams should be making Tebow into a project, probably at the expense of a more NFL-ready passer. Especially considering how well Luck, RGIII and Wilson have done this year, that's not a chance I see a lot of teams being willing to take. They have to worry about cap space, roster limits, even media hype and team morale.

I won't deny Tebow's ability to run the ball, his seeming willingness to do as he's told, or the praise his teammates in Denver gave him. Still, it's this desire to give him all the credit for the Broncos wins last year that I find baffling. Didn't they win one of their games with Tebow completing only 2 passes?

And as has been said, if the Jaguars are going to give you a pass, you probably don't have much shot at being an NFL starting QB.

Bob Grease won the Super Bowl VIII in 1973 by completing 6 passes. During his 3 Super Bowls he never completed a pass over 27 yds. In the Super Bowl he lost to Dallas he went 12-23. Was Bob Grease a great passer?

The game has moved on and for awhile the pocket passer was what everyone wanted. Now a more mobile passer/runner is becoming more common. I think if Tebow develops consistency he could become a great QB at this level.

The point is, will anyone give him a chance or even try to work with him? I discovered that coaches have their own vision of what kind of player they want and sometimes it works out for them and sometimes not. Phillip Rivers has pretty much fallen apart because his coach has a playbook that has become predictable and Rivers has developed bad habits behind a crumbling offensive line. His lack of mobility wasn't much of a shortcoming a couple of years ago but now it seems to be. One thing that can be said for sure, Tebow is very mobile.

Last edited:

Bob Grease won the Super Bowl VIII in 1973 by completing 6 passes. During his 3 Super Bowls he never completed a pass over 27 yds. In the Super Bowl he lost to Dallas he went 12-23. Was Bob Grease a great passer?

The game has moved on and for awhile the pocket passer was what everyone wanted. Now a more mobile passer/runner is becoming more common. I think if Tebow develops consistency he could become a great QB at this level.

The point is, will anyone give him a chance or even try to work with him? I discovered that coaches have their own vision of what kind of player they want and sometimes it works out for them and sometimes not. Phillip Rivers has pretty much fallen apart because his coach has a playbook that has become predictable and Rivers has developed bad habits behind a crumbling offensive line. His lack of mobility wasn't much of a shortcoming a couple of years ago but now it seems to be. One thing that can be said for sure, Tebow is very mobile.

Look at Tebow's NFL stats. He is not an accurate passer. We are in a time where, for most teams, passing is king. Unless a team like the Niners or Seahawks were to take a chance on him, feeling they could afford to accept his poor passing because they are defensive/running teams, what reason is there for another NFL club to pay him and use a roster spot on him? The potential YOU think you see? Apparently, the scouts and coaches in the NFL don't see what you do.

If Tebow wants to be an NFL QB, he may just need to work on his mechanics on his own, without being part of an NFL roster. Maybe if he can show marked improvement, another team will feel better about giving him a shot. To date, however, and despite the success that Denver had last season, Tebow has not been impressive as a quarterback.

Tebow is much more Kordell Stewart than Steve Young. :tongue:

Tebow was a fine college quarterback, but he's a mediocre NFL quarterback, for a variety of reasons, mostly because he's got crappy ball throwing accuracy, and most NFL quarterbacks have to throw the ball a lot.

It's actually alot like the head coach of the Oregon Ducks who was recently offered a head coaching gig in the NFL and turned it down. The style of running quick plays that he utilizes at the University of Oregon works well in college football, but would not be workable in the NFL. He was smart enough to turn the job down and keep his pretty cushy gig at Oregon.

Tebow knew his limitations as a quarterback going in to the NFL. I'm quite certain that he received a lot of advice from both his coaches and his agent. He pursued a career in professional football and hasn't delivered on the pay he's received.

He's overpaid and underqualified.

Why exactly do you think he should be getting kudos?

What happened to your philosophy of personal responsibilty?

I'm just happy to see Christian Ponder finally getting some props after having Tebow steal his thunder in Florida for 2 years. I'm sorry he got hurt, but I look forward to watching him successfully quarterback the Vikings for longer than Tebow will last in the NFL.

How is it Tom Brady is such a great QB now when he wasn't in college?

Because of coaching. He went to a guy who redesigned his mechanics and taught him how to throw more consistently. I think Tebow could learn to throw properly and with greater accuracy but he's never been taught how.

Tom Brady

During his first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts and completions in a season (214).[15] Brady was All-Big Ten honorable mention both seasons and team captain his senior year. The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started and shared the Big Ten Conference title in 1998. Brady capped that season with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl.[16] In the 1999 season, Brady led Michigan to an overtime win in the Orange Bowl over Alabama, throwing for 369 yards and four touchdowns

Tom Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, he sucked :lol:

you really are dumb

Tebow won't be in the NFL next year and it won't ha e anything to do with the NFL. He's just not an NFL QB.

I think it has more to do with his religion than his skills.

He needs to go to a team and coaches that wants him. The Jets franchise was one of the worst places he could have gone.

Maybe he could convert to Islam and then people would get off his ass.

nobody wants him, even jacksonville, because he's not good enough to play.

you know, personal responsibility

the league has changed in 40 years.

keep it under your hat. :eusa_shhh:

My belief is the press doesn't like Tebow and not many teams want to give him a chance because of the negative press.

He's been Palinized.

This reminds of how retarded your OP is.

Do you have any idea how badly ESPN wants Tim Tebow to be a successful NFL QB?

How good for business that is for them?

Good God, man, are you ever right about ANYTHING?

My belief is the press doesn't like Tebow and not many teams want to give him a chance because of the negative press.

He's been Palinized.

This reminds of how retarded your OP is.

Do you have any idea how badly ESPN wants Tim Tebow to be a successful NFL QB?

How good for business that is for them?

Good God, man, are you ever right about ANYTHING?

All I had to do was listen to ESPN radio yesterday for about 30 mins and it's clear they don't like Tebow for fucks sake. Dan Patrick was ragging his ass half of the show.

Wait, what is ESPN doing to Tebow?? Why would ESPN want Tebow out of the NFL?

Because he's a Jet........and he prays to the big guy in the sky.

That sure would be a huge turn around from the blow jobs they gave him hourly when he was at Florida.

That being said, big deal. When I don't like what a channel is saying I turn the channel,, it's why I pay $80 for DirecTV.

If your channel changer is broken, I suggest you call a repairman stat.

Forum List

Back