Eshkol council head: Southerners deserve normal lives

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
..."We are experiencing a war of attrition. There's no ceasefire here," said Eshkol Council head Haim Yalin. "We've just been through another night where parents and their children didn't sleep but are expected to function the following morning."

Yalin called on the government to restore calm to the region. "Residents of the south deserve a normal life," he said.

Liat Biton, a single mother of two, is starting to reconsider her choice of residence. Born in Sderot, she moved to Central Israel but later returned to the south. "I returned when I was pregnant and a month later Operation Cast Lead began," she said.

"Now is the first time that the thought that maybe I shouldn't be living here has crossed my mind. The south has been forgotten. When the rocket fire reached Beersheba and Ashdod we thought they would do something, but they didn't."

The south's residents, who have become accustomed to enduring incessant rocket fire, are now beginning to show signs of fatigue. On average, the Eshkol Regional Council sees three rockets hit its territory every day. New families continue to make homes in the area but despair is slowly seeping in.

"We used to pride ourselves on our fortitude but now we just feel exhausted," said Merav Cohen from Ein Hashlosha. "Our routine is a permanent state of emergency. We’re fed up. It's no way to live.

"We're not free citizens. Our lives are dictated by text messages telling us whether to enter the shelter or leave, whether to be 15 seconds away from a shelter or not, whether school is on or off."

Cohen said that this tough routine has caused her children to show physical signs of anxiety. "My eight-year-old daughter shivers uncontrollably every time a rocket lands.

"The kids can’t take it anymore. They don’t want to sleep in their beds because there's a good chance they would have to wake up and go into a fortified room. Fortitude has been replaced with exhaustion, fear and anxiety."

Eshkol council head: Southerners deserve normal lives - Israel News, Ynetnews

..."We are experiencing a war of attrition. There's no ceasefire here," said Eshkol Council head Haim Yalin. "We've just been through another night where parents and their children didn't sleep but are expected to function the following morning."

Yalin called on the government to restore calm to the region. "Residents of the south deserve a normal life," he said.

Liat Biton, a single mother of two, is starting to reconsider her choice of residence. Born in Sderot, she moved to Central Israel but later returned to the south. "I returned when I was pregnant and a month later Operation Cast Lead began," she said.

"Now is the first time that the thought that maybe I shouldn't be living here has crossed my mind. The south has been forgotten. When the rocket fire reached Beersheba and Ashdod we thought they would do something, but they didn't."

The south's residents, who have become accustomed to enduring incessant rocket fire, are now beginning to show signs of fatigue. On average, the Eshkol Regional Council sees three rockets hit its territory every day. New families continue to make homes in the area but despair is slowly seeping in.

"We used to pride ourselves on our fortitude but now we just feel exhausted," said Merav Cohen from Ein Hashlosha. "Our routine is a permanent state of emergency. We’re fed up. It's no way to live.

"We're not free citizens. Our lives are dictated by text messages telling us whether to enter the shelter or leave, whether to be 15 seconds away from a shelter or not, whether school is on or off."

Cohen said that this tough routine has caused her children to show physical signs of anxiety. "My eight-year-old daughter shivers uncontrollably every time a rocket lands.

"The kids can’t take it anymore. They don’t want to sleep in their beds because there's a good chance they would have to wake up and go into a fortified room. Fortitude has been replaced with exhaustion, fear and anxiety."

What these southern Israelis have to go thru, because of the Pali animals, is certainly unbelievable.

What these southern Israelis have to go thru, because of the Pali animals, is certainly unbelievable.

Indeed, living in occupied territory is no picnic.

I agree

southern israelis deserve all the peace and normality that land thieves merit

NOT violence for sure

just to be brought to the most humanitarian justice in the hague and be deprived of their stolen land peacefully like all thieves should be

and return those non jewish russian land thieves who live in southern israel to the tender warm embrace of liieberman's best mafia colleague PUTIN

and the gazans to their stolen lands which are rightfully theirs not israel's or yours, Ms Lipush-out-the-pals; you are welcome to come to peaceful england to soothe your fear.

Last edited:

We blame the govenment first.

I agree

southern israelis deserve all the peace and normality that land thieves merit

NOT violence for sure

just to be brought to the most humanitarian justice in the hague and be deprived of their stolen land peacefully like all thieves should be

and return those non jewish russian land thieves who live in southern israel to the tender warm embrace of liieberman's best mafia colleague PUTIN

and the gazans to their stolen lands which are rightfully theirs not israel's or yours, Ms Lipush-out-the-pals; you are welcome to come to peaceful england to soothe your fear.

you're a radical Muslim Jihadist. Your empathy, so called, is faked, and not fooling anyone.

Forum List

Back