Escaping Christianity

When you teach children the Bible do you refer to God as an invisible silent dude?

I am not sure. It is possible that I could have said that. I have been deeply entrenched in Christianity. Our linguistical habits are second nature to me. I walk, talk and look just like a Christianity. I am even better at being a Christianity than the people that believe it to be true.

I am sure I refer to God in the most culturally appropriate way.
OK. You may be telling children that God is a silent invisible dude, then again you may be referring to Him in a culturally appropriate way- which is what? Like an atheist?

When you teach children the Bible do you refer to God as an invisible silent dude?

I am not sure. It is possible that I could have said that. I have been deeply entrenched in Christianity. Our linguistical habits are second nature to me. I walk, talk and look just like a Christianity. I am even better at being a Christianity than the people that believe it to be true.

No you're not.

I can guarantee that.

See my Marty Sampson thread.

I read it. That is what gave me the inspiration to post this thread.

The Bible has many life lessons in it, and you can live a life of hell or heaven right here on earth, hopefully you will pick heaven for you and your family. The seven deadly sins are the best to learn.

I have way too many questions to get to the bottom of your concerns. I am not necessarily doing what is in my own my best interest. There are other people involved in my situation. You have to remember. I don't believe in the invisible and silent God that lives in the cave where only the holy men are allowed to go. When the holy men come back from the cave to tell me stuff with a serious, convincing and sincere face it appears suspicious to me. Why can't I go in the cave too?

If God has nothing to say to me then I am under no obligation to play by His rules. Just because He tells you the rules doesn't men He shares that information with everyone. Most of us are left relying on faith or guesswork. That just isn't for me anymore. If God wants something from me then I will give Him anything He asks.

K. The temple curtain tore in half, top to bottom.

Who are these people, who are these 'holy men' who think they are the only ones who get to talk to God? Where did you learn this?

OK. You may be telling children that God is a silent invisible dude, then again you may be referring to Him in a culturally appropriate way- which is what? Like an atheist?

The culture in a Christian is Christian. I talk just like one. I totally fit in.

One can think about, and believe, in the existence of a Supreme Being/ Creator, even within the context of Jesus being an extension of the Supreme Being, without believing in what is presented to you by other human beings, including those authors whose works were selected by a committee convened by Constantine and who pretended to know what the Supreme Being/Creator wants. Kudos to you. You are just deciding not to live in a box created around you by your fellow human beings.

If there is a Supreme Being, a Creator worthy of worship by us all, he or she (a Supreme Being/Creator would not have a biological sex, or even a body of one or the other--I am God's left kidney?), this being is on duty 24/7. So why all of the suffering of people and other animals here on earth?

Last edited:

The culture in a Christian is Christian. I talk just like one. I totally fit in.

But God knows. And you will be judged, mark it, all the more harshly for running a con on his own people

Do not mess with that. Good gravy, for being dishonest WITH CHILDREN

No you're not.

I can guarantee that.

See my Marty Sampson thread.

I read it. That is what gave me the inspiration to post this thread.

My post inspired you to say, 'ha ha I'm like Marty Sampson too?" or what?

I have way too many questions to get to the bottom of your concerns. I am not necessarily doing what is in my own my best interest. There are other people involved in my situation. You have to remember. I don't believe in the invisible and silent God that lives in the cave where only the holy men are allowed to go. When the holy men come back from the cave to tell me stuff with a serious, convincing and sincere face it appears suspicious to me. Why can't I go in the cave too?

If God has nothing to say to me then I am under no obligation to play by His rules. Just because He tells you the rules doesn't men He shares that information with everyone. Most of us are left relying on faith or guesswork. That just isn't for me anymore. If God wants something from me then I will give Him anything He asks.

Okay so do you go to one of those churches where they always have a "word" about this and a "vision" about that?

One can think about, and believe, in the existence of a Supreme Being/ Creator, even within the context of Jesus being an extension of the Supreme Being, without believing in what is presented to you by other human beings, including those authors whose works were selected by a committee convened by Constantine and who pretended to know what the Supreme Being/Creator wants. Kudos to you. You are just deciding not to live in a box created around you by your fellow human beings.

If there is a Supreme Being, a Creator worthy of worship by us all, he or she (a Supreme Being/Creator would not have a biological sex, or even a body of one or the other--I am God's left kidney?), this being is on duty 24/7. So why all of the suffering of people and other animals here on earth?

Well if you're going to do that, then just make one up. Heck, just make YOURSELF 'Supreme Being'....which is what most people do anyway

Who are these people, who are these 'holy men' who think they are the only ones who get to talk to God? Where did you learn this?

Hear it all the time. "God wants this." "God wants that." "God is leading me here." "The Holy Spirit impressed upon me to do such and such." All kinds of people hear from God. The dishonesty is nauseating. At least in the ancient days the Holy men backed up their manipulation with violence.

Ever notice in the Old Testament that people were killed for going into the Holy of Holies? They were killed by "God". (wink wink) People in the Old Testament who disobeyed God were killed by God. Hint: Moses was God. Why did Moses leave Egypt? For killing a man. Any reason to believe he didn't kill Nadab and Abihu? Nowadays the random psychotic liars who claims God speaks to them doesn't back it up by killing people. If I am not going to be killed by you then why should I listen to you?

When you "come out" as atheist, you will have to change your linguistical habits. Maybe you should start now rather than continue to be "better at being a Christianity than the people that believe it to be true."

Okay so do you go to one of those churches where they always have a "word" about this and a "vision" about that?

Maybe. Why?

Well if you're going to do that, then just make one up. Heck, just make YOURSELF 'Supreme Being'....which is what most people do anyway

From you, who thinks that the Creator has a penis and lungs, and worships some asshole named graham. Do you actually believe that the Supreme Being has a human body? What kind (not only genitals of each of the two kinds, add color and age)? Pfft.

Hear it all the time. "God wants this." "God wants that." "God is leading me here." "The Holy Spirit impressed upon me to do such and such." All kinds of people hear from God. The dishonesty is nauseating. At least in the ancient days the Holy men backed up their manipulation with violence.

Ever notice in the Old Testament that people were killed for going into the Holy of Holies? They were killed by "God". (wink wink) People in the Old Testament who disobeyed God were killed by God. Hint: Moses was God. Why did Moses leave Egypt? For killing a man. Any reason to believe he didn't kill Nadab and Abihu? Nowadays the random psychotic liars who claims God speaks to them doesn't back it up by killing people. If I am not going to be killed by you then why should I listen to you?

Then I"m going to be super blunt with you.

Maybe you don't need to leave Christianity.

BUT YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO LEAVE THAT CHURCH

This is not a personal dig on you, it is not. There are too many churches like yours. You are in a church being led by emotion and NOT by solid theology; by actual good teaching. There is a LOT, a LOT you have said that is just Biblically wrong here. Previously, when the curtain tore in two upon Jesus' death, that means we ALL have access to God through belief in Christ. There is no "God in the cave" anymore. People who have a "prophetic word" for you....well.

That's all I will say about that.

Judgment is not eradicated in the new age now; it is merely delayed. Christ is Judge. Things are temporarily suspended for now.

I am not saying God doesn't lead people now or that the Holy Spirit has no influence. But if your church relies on this a LOT that is a big, big problem. My impression is you need to get out of this church.

When you "come out" as atheist, you will have to change your linguistical habits.

What does this mean? I do not follow. Where will I receive pressure to eliminate Christian lingo from my vocabulary? You may say I am not a Christian by the definition you use for the word but I have been heavily influenced for 40 years. I have no desire to destroy the person I am. I am simply eliminating burdensome traditions that I do not need and have no obligation to follow.

There is great value in meditating on the words and actions of Jesus.
There has been immense horror inflicted when people would impose their conclusions concerning Jesus on others.
As for "God", any use for this term has been destroyed. It was never well thought out and today is evidently beyond human comprehension.
The universe is more than our limited brains/minds can comprehend. We can only open ourselves as much as possible to "That Which Is", for want of a better way to put it.

From you, who thinks that the Creator has a penis and lungs, and worships some asshole named graham. Do you actually believe that the Supreme Being has a human body? What kind (not only genitals of each of the two kinds, add color and age)? Pfft.

Do you know even the first thing about Christian theology or are you just off your meds this morning? I'm trying to figure out which is true. I mean which of the three parts of the Trinity had a human body, do you know?

Forum List

Back