Escalating pressure on Syria

Still going

kuzeyirak25.jpg

Winston Churchill...
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.[/quote]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/River-War-Sir-Winston-Churchill/dp/1598184253/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288411221&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The River War (9781598184259): Sir Winston S. Churchill: Books[/ame]

I think- now would be a good time to let it slip that we prefer the Sunni sect as opposed to Shism. Sending subtle but clear messages , we would side with sunni's in almost all instances and situations.

I don't know if thats necessarily true, the Taliban are Sunni and so was Saddam Husseins regime.

true and Saddam was our son of a bitch till he went off the reservation.

geo-politics being what it is, recognizing that Iran right now is the threat in situ and on the horizon, look at a world map showing sunni and shiite populations.....most especially in the ME. ;)

Iraq being majority shiite works against us, we need arab partners, who feel we feel them....it is only a matter of time before iran and iraq fall into each others arms imho.

I think- now would be a good time to let it slip that we prefer the Sunni sect as opposed to Shism. Sending subtle but clear messages , we would side with sunni's in almost all instances and situations.

I don't know if thats necessarily true, the Taliban are Sunni and so was Saddam Husseins regime.

true and Saddam was our son of a bitch till he went off the reservation.

geo-politics being what it is, recognizing that Iran right now is the threat in situ and on the horizon, look at a world map showing sunni and shiite populations.....most especially in the ME. ;)

Iraq being majority shiite works against us, we need arab partners, who feel we feel them....it is only a matter of time before iran and iraq fall into each others arms imho.

The thing is we have both Sunnis and Shites shooting at us, and both of them are ok with taking our money as well. Pakistan is a majority Sunni country that despises the US however smiles in our face and take our cash, doing business with people who hate you is playing with fire, besides the Israelis and the Kurds we have no real friends in that region.

Forum List

Back