Errors in the Koran

u2scram

Oct 26, 2010
The greatest weakness of the koran is that it is claimed to be the word of god. therefore if there is a single error the whole book and the religion based upon it, is proven to be wrong.

I suspect that very few xtians have read the bible. if they had they would be aware that it is riddled with errors and contradictions.

even fewer people have read the koran, (i dont blame them, its even more boring than the bible), it, like the bible contains many errors.

here a couple of them.

CREATION IN 6 DAYS (an error the koran and bible share)

according to these verses in the koran: Sura 7 : 54 (also 10:3; 11:7, and 25:59) 2:29; 23:17; 65:12; 67:3; 71:15

"Indeed your lord is Allah who created the heavens and the earth in 6 days…"

however in Suras 41 : 9 - 12... we learn that,

“Say Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in TWO Days

He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it,
and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things
to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR Days

So He completed them as seven firmaments in TWO Days,

now 4 + 2 +2 = 8 DAYS not 6 days.

gods math seems to fail him again....

Inheritance

Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Qur'anic inheritance law.

"When a man dies, and is leaving behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife, they will receive the respective shares

of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together,

1/3 for the parents together [both according to verse 4:11]

and 1/8 for the wife [4:12]

which adds up to more than the available estate.

A second example:

A man leaves only his mother, his wife and two sisters,
then they receive

1/3 [mother, 4:11],

1/4 [wife, 4:12]

and 2/3 [the two sisters, 4:176],

which again adds up to 15/12 of the available property.

should we buy allah an electronic calculator? :razz:

The greatest weakness of the koran is that it is claimed to be the word of god. therefore if there is a single error the whole book and the religion based upon it, is proven to be wrong.

I suspect that very few xtians have read the bible. if they had they would be aware that it is riddled with errors and contradictions.

even fewer people have read the koran, (i dont blame them, its even more boring than the bible), it, like the bible contains many errors.

here a couple of them.

according to these verses in the koran: Sura 7 : 54 (also 10:3; 11:7, and 25:59) 2:29; 23:17; 65:12; 67:3; 71:15

Inheritance

"When a man dies, and is leaving behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife, they will receive the respective shares

A second example:

then they receive

Infidel! You question the word of allah?

careful the fatwas for your head to roll will be next

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Last edited:
Yes, the koran does contain many errors.

The Bible, however, contains none. And yes, I have read it many times.

Yes, the koran does contain many errors.

The Bible, however, contains none. And yes, I have read it many times.

What about Lev 11:6 "and the hare, because he cheweth the cud..."

Hare's don't chew cud.

Matthew 13:31-32 "the kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed which…is the least of all seeds, but when it is grown is the greatest among herbs and becometh a tree."

There are actually a lot of smaller seed, like the seeds from an Orchid. Also, Mustard plant's don't grow into trees.

Now the list of contradictions in the Bible is HUGE.

here a couple of them.

Inheritance

A second example:

then they receive

While I agree with you the Quran is junk and their prophet Mohammed was either deceived or twisted, I don't agree with you about the Bible.

Let's look at one example, as you mentioned:

CREATION IN 6 DAYS

While I understand that you do not believe in the Bible, it is written that the Lord had Moses part the Red Sea. Also that Jesus healed the blind, the sick, turned the water in to wine.

Again, I realize you don't believe in the Bible and/or may even be an atheist (not sure?) but my point is that the One Who created the very elements we live on, in, by, and made of, can do anything He wishes, can He not?

The One Who created us made the world, He made the plants, He made the animals, He made humans, He made a plan of how it would work, we need water, food, air to breathe. All made in a certain way, a certain order, that we only "learn" about as we grow in the human race. We didn't create it, we only learn about it.

Who is to say the Lord cannot do anything including making the world in 6 days?

A couple of quotes:
Jeremiah 32:7 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

This one from Job is especially wonderful:

Job 38
1 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt’?
12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning, or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal; its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light, and their upraised arm is broken.
16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this.
19 “What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places? Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years!

I particularily like Job 38:16 - Where the Lord talks about the "springs of the sea". In science, mankind did not know of these springs back then, of course.

Last edited:

here a couple of them.

Inheritance

A second example:

then they receive

While I agree with you the Quran is junk and their prophet Mohammed was either deceived or twisted, I don't agree with you about the Bible.

Let's look at one example, as you mentioned:

CREATION IN 6 DAYS

While I understand that you do not believe in the Bible, it is written that the Lord had Moses part the Red Sea. Also that Jesus healed the blind, the sick, turned the water in to wine.

Again, I realize you don't believe in the Bible and/or may even be an atheist (not sure?) but my point is that the One Who created the very elements we live on, in, by, and made of, can do anything He wishes, can He not?

The One Who created us made the world, He made the plants, He made the animals, He made humans, He made a plan of how it would work, we need water, food, air to breathe. All made in a certain way, a certain order, that we only "learn" about as we grow in the human race. We didn't create it, we only learn about it.

Who is to say the Lord cannot do anything including making the world in 6 days?

A couple of quotes:
Jeremiah 32:7 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

This one from Job is especially wonderful:

Job 38
1 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt’?
12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning, or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal; its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light, and their upraised arm is broken.
16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this.
19 “What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places? Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years!

I particularily like Job 38:16 - Where the Lord talks about the "springs of the sea". In science, mankind did not know of these springs back then, of course.

If God created everything including our brains, why does it appear that earth took millions of years to form and new species appear in the fossil record more than a billion years apart? Would God create a brain so imperfect that we could be fooled so easily? I think not. Genesis, for example, is mostly allegory and shouldn't be taken as history.

If God created everything including our brains, why does it appear that earth took millions of years to form and new species appear in the fossil record more than a billion years apart? Would God create a brain so imperfect that we could be fooled so easily? I think not. Genesis, for example, is mostly allegory and shouldn't be taken as history.

When examined accurately, the earth does not appear to have taken millions of years to form. The fossil record, when examined honestly, also supports the Biblical account.

As for people being fooled easily, we have our own sinfulness to blame for that, not God.

this is turning into a thread to discuss the bible rather than koran, so i will start a thread another thread about errors in the bible.

"When examined accurately, the earth does not appear to have taken millions of years to form. The fossil record, when examined honestly, also supports the Biblical account.

As for people being fooled easily, we have our own sinfulness to blame for that, not God."

in your case it is neither sinfulness nor gods fault. you need help.

The bible contains no errors?
Noa fit 2 of every animal on earth in his ark?

Not so - 7 pairs of every clean animal and 2 pairs of every unclean animal. It is also explain's which animal's were clean and unclean.
If you believe in adaptation and not evolution there was a lesser amount of animals at the time of Noah.
We see adaptation still happening today with polar bears and grizzles. They can mate and breed as a different species.

Last edited:
religious texts are all written by men, and men alone, and therefore will not be perfect.

I always wondered why if the man in the sky was so fucking powerful he only "spoke" to one or two people and not the entire population of the planet at the same time

(sarcasm)

U2scram, it is obvious that you are a troll! The Koran tells what is the maximum allotment for the parents, sisters and wives with one noticable difference--the Wife deserves nothing! Not even a share equal to that of the other members of the family.

Women are sex tools that are useless once we noble men die, and if you do not believe that, then let a woman rule you!!

religious texts are all written by men, and men alone, and therefore will not be perfect.

I always wondered why if the man in the sky was so fucking powerful he only "spoke" to one or two people and not the entire population of the planet at the same time

Because only one or two people are attuned enough to hear the man in the sky.

Of course, that just mean God made man defective. Else all of us could hear him, right?

Forum List

Back