Error in tally upends NY congressional election

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Error in tally upends NY congressional election

NEW YORK — A congressional election on eastern Long Island that had appeared to end in victory for a four-term Democrat, U.S. Rep. Tim Bishop, is now up for grabs after authorities discovered they had misreported the result of the vote.

Officials with the Suffolk County Board of Elections said they discovered Friday that the unofficial tally released in the hours after the polls closed was off by thousands.

A routine check of voting machine memory cards showed that instead of leading by about 3,500 votes, Bishop was trailing Republican challenger Randy Altschuler by a little less than 400.

Error in tally upends NY congressional election - Politics - msnbc.com

So he did not win....

NO election results should be released until ALL the ballots are tallied.

And in a presidential race no results should be released until after the polls have closed in ALL of the states.

Might give people in HI a bit of incentive to vote.

And in a presidential race no results should be released until after the polls have closed in ALL of the states.

Well they thought they had been counted it seems but they did not add in all the votes...

Maybe you should wait for confirmation before celebrating.

"About 9,000 absentee ballots cast in the 1st Congressional District race have yet to be counted. By law, they could be dropped in the mail until the day before the election, and counting is not expected to begin for days."

Last edited:

This isn't a reporting issue, this is an 'after hours voting fraud' issue.

I'm still waiting to see how many found/illegal votes turn up for Mark Dayton in MN governor.

I listened to The Strategy Room on election day ~ no TV, nor radio ~ and they were talking about several of the races not being over for WEEKS, due to the process of casting ballots and counting them.

On another note, I noticed that marking your choice with an X or ✔ doesn't count; only completely blackened out boxes are allowed. What's up with that? If you USE a mark, does your VOTE not count?

Maybe you should wait for confirmation before celebrating.

"About 9,000 absentee ballots cast in the 1st Congressional District race have yet to be counted. By law, they could be dropped in the mail until the day before the election, and counting is not expected to begin for days."

who was celebrating sneezy? :cuckoo:

I'm still waiting to see how many found/illegal votes turn up for Mark Dayton in MN governor.

I'm from Minnesota and it's getting harder and harder to admit it. The Gophers haven't had a decent team in the Big 10 footabll conferance since 1963. Jesse Venture, Al Franken, voter fraud, the Love Boat, oldest quarterback in history, Hershal Walker, Randy Moss and the list goes on.

If it weren't for Paul Bunyan, there'd be no real life Minnesotan to look up to.

I'm from Minnesota and it's getting harder and harder to admit it. The Gophers haven't had a decent team in the Big 10 footabll conferance since 1963. Jesse Venture, Al Franken, voter fraud, the Love Boat, oldest quarterback in history, Hershal Walker, Randy Moss and the list goes on.

If it weren't for Paul Bunyan, there'd be no real life Minnesotan to look up to.
I'm a cheesehead currently in exile in MN. All I can say is we just threw out a lot of trash in my home state.

Last edited:
The non-living typically do not cast their second and third votes until the day before the election

"As in Minnesota this year, the Republican candidate kept winning and winning, but the Democrats refused to concede, instead demanding endless recounts. Meanwhile, Democratic precincts kept "discovering" new ballots for the Democrat, Chris Gregoire.

Six days after the election on Nov. 10, 2004, Republican Dino Rossi was ahead by 3,492 votes. But five days later, heavily Democratic King County election officials actually claimed to "find" 10,000 uncounted ballots! And they favored Gregoire!

Nonetheless, after a full recount, Rossi was still ahead, but this time by only 42 votes.

So the Democrats demanded a third recount -- and King County continued its miraculous ballot-"finding" trick, which continued to favor Gregoire."
Ann Coulter

Forum List

Back