Eric Holder: Voter ID laws hurt minorities

I read the article. I read AG Holder's position. I read the comments of those who are against Voter ID laws. Everyone says these laws "hurt minorities."

- How do these laws hurt minorities only and not white people?

statistically fewer minorities have ID's and/or the paperwork needed to get one.

Minorities are clearly capable of ID authentication in the form of a photo ID when they want to enter a restricted building, write a check, get a job (I-9 requirements), or get into a club or buy alcohol.

Write a check? What are you, 100 years old? Enter a restricted building? WTF? Yeah,those minorities, I seem em using their ID's to enter "restricted buildings" all the time, they can't help it!

Seeing as such is needed to get a job per the I-9 requirements...I must question how it is possible that hey dont have one. And if they dont, then maybe their inability to get a job has nothing to do with racism as many advocates claim, but instead has to do with them being unwilling to go through the effort to get the necessary ID to get a job.

Having run a temp agancy where ID is required for me to put them on my payroll, I agree...a higher precentage of minorities lack the proper ID compared to our white applicants. We dont keep that stat...but it is quite obvious.

So my question is...why are they unwilling to go through the effort to get an ID so they can work?

I read the article. I read AG Holder's position. I read the comments of those who are against Voter ID laws. Everyone says these laws "hurt minorities."

- How do these laws hurt minorities only and not white people?

statistically fewer minorities have ID's and/or the paperwork needed to get one.

Minorities are clearly capable of ID authentication in the form of a photo ID when they want to enter a restricted building, write a check, get a job (I-9 requirements), or get into a club or buy alcohol.

Write a check? What are you, 100 years old? Enter a restricted building? WTF? Yeah,those minorities, I seem em using their ID's to enter "restricted buildings" all the time, they can't help it!

Regardless of whether they are among a minority group or not, those who don't have sufficient paperwork necessary to get a photo ID sure as hell don't have sufficient paperwork to prove they are U.S. citizens and therefore have a right to vote.

Precisely...but they have the proper ID to get welfare and FoodStamp cards...

Regardless of whether they are among a minority group or not, those who don't have sufficient paperwork necessary to get a photo ID sure as hell don't have sufficient paperwork to prove they are U.S. citizens and therefore have a right to vote.

Personally, I think people who cash in a welfare check and/or food stamps should have to show positive ID so that they can't 'trade' these for other purposes.

Personally, I think people who cash in a welfare check and/or food stamps should have to show positive ID so that they can't 'trade' these for other purposes.
I'm all for it...that and Drug testing to mmake sure the money given isn't going for illicit purposes.

As a Taxpayer? I demand it. As I don't have a problem with the safety net? I'm going to demand something in return...ID one of the demands.

This is all about lazy "community organizers" who expect to drive a van up to a halfway house or a nursing home and load up voters for today's election.. The expectation is that if you can HERD them to the polls, you should be able to market their vote..

There are valid reasons why folks in nursing homes and ex-tweakers in rehab might NOT be qualified on election day. First of all, they might not be in their PRECINCT. They may also not have established formal residency in their current Precinct.

All this could be solved if the folks WHO REALLY CARED about these people, cared enough to work with them EARLIER to obtain valid ID and registration. Afterall, the tweakers in rehab can't apply for public services and aid without residency and/or ID and voting registration..

But fact is -- the DEM machine is lazy and can't be bothered with the long-term welfare of these folks. After election day -- these people are worthless to them. COULD bring them absentee ballots, drive the van to DMV or County Clerk the REST of the year and work to get these people recorded.

Another fact is --- the argument about bringing ID on election is a stinky herring. You actually should be able to waltz in naked and simply SIGN with the REGISTRAR on the rolls where your name appears. Your signature is ALL that should be required IF ---- you are previously PROPERLY registered....

If you support the requirement to show a photo ID befoe you buy a gun, how can you then oppose the requirement to show a photo ID before you vote?

Because the opponents of legislation like this are not interested in your actual rights, particularly that 2nd one that just won't go away.

Forum List

Back