Eric Holder: Voter ID laws hurt minorities

Poll tax my left nut. She'd need to go there and spend that money to get her drivers license anyway, dipshit.

And she would NOT be ineligable. Even the Wisconsin law allows for a provisional ballot to be cast on election day, EVEN if you have no ID, and EVEN if you're not listed on the voter register.

FAIL.
Notice how the story did not include that information. Seems there is a strong bias in misrepresenting the story.
Not surprisingly, you're missing the point. SHE got her ID; but there are plenty of people out there who would have given up after that fiasco. She had all of the right paperwork. It shouldn't have been a problem to begin with.

Who gave up and didn't get one? You must be able to come up with someone who has been unable to attain one. Or is the only example of one, sympathetic old lady, who actually did get her ID?

Yeah, I've got my list right here. :rolleyes: Obviously, she is not going to be the only person in the entire country to have a problem getting a voter ID even though she had the right paperwork. Are you completely incapable of drawing reasonable conclusions?
See above. No matter what she did, she could still have placed a provisional ballot. That is, she could have voted if she never left her house and never obtained any paperwork whatsoever.

No Eric, voter ID's prevent fraud. Of course Democrats have come to rely on votes from dead people, ineligible people and illegal aliens. This poses a problem for them.

Eric Holder: Voter ID laws hurt minorities - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

I heard something today on the radio...and when i say it here many will know
what show I was listening to.

In local union elections the union members need to produce
a valid picture ID to vote...

So if there are one,many,some who refuse to comply with the new regs..

:eusa_boohoo:

Oh, yeah! There's Eric Holder down in Texas giving a speech trying to hold onto and maintain voter fraud by denying photo ID, but do you know who requires photo ID in their elections? Unions. I have it in the Stack of Stuff. The unions require photo ID in their internal elections. So the Democrats are basically telegraphing: They can't win unless there is vote fraud; they can't win unless there's signature fraud.

Phony Democrat Signatures Allowed on Wisconsin Walker Recall Petitions

Idiot do you realize you can just vote in sanctuary cities/states like Illinois/Chicago with no ID???

In theory these progressive fools around here could register to vote under numerous pseudonyms and vote numerous times...

Both of these people are breaking the law...they've moved to a new State and have knowingly continued to drive on their old State driver's license for a year. Now, I don't know what the time limit is on licenses in Wisconsin but most States I've lived in the time limit is between 30 and 90 days. Forget about being legal to vote...they aren't even legal DRIVING to vote.

Why does a license matter if its not required to vote???

My point, Nick...was that these two teachers in Wisconsin were complaining about how in essence, they were being forced to pay a "poll tax" of $100 because they had to obtain a drivers license in order to vote but the fact is that by law they should have gotten Wisconsin driver's licenses long before that point in order to legally drive in the State. Most places it is 30, 60 or 90 days. The woman teacher said they'd been in Wisconsin for a year. So essentially both she and her husband have been breaking the law for quite some time. If they'd done the right thing in the beginning they would have both had Wisconsin licenses long ago and wouldn't even have to worry about not being able to vote.

both of these people are breaking the law...they've moved to a new state and have knowingly continued to drive on their old state driver's license for a year. Now, i don't know what the time limit is on licenses in wisconsin but most states i've lived in the time limit is between 30 and 90 days. Forget about being legal to vote...they aren't even legal driving to vote.

why does a license matter if its not required to vote???

my point, nick...was that these two teachers in wisconsin were complaining about how in essence, they were being forced to pay a "poll tax" of $100 because they had to obtain a drivers license in order to vote but the fact is that by law they should have gotten wisconsin driver's licenses long before that point in order to legally drive in the state. Most places it is 30, 60 or 90 days. The woman teacher said they'd been in wisconsin for a year. So essentially both she and her husband have been breaking the law for quite some time. If they'd done the right thing in the beginning they would have both had wisconsin licenses long ago and wouldn't even have to worry about not being able to vote.

this.

Idiot do you realize you can just vote in sanctuary cities/states like Illinois/Chicago with no ID???

In theory these progressive fools around here could register to vote under numerous pseudonyms and vote numerous times...

Both of these people are breaking the law...they've moved to a new State and have knowingly continued to drive on their old State driver's license for a year. Now, I don't know what the time limit is on licenses in Wisconsin but most States I've lived in the time limit is between 30 and 90 days. Forget about being legal to vote...they aren't even legal DRIVING to vote.

I don't know how it is where you come from but in my state you can't be arrested for a misdemeanor or lesser offense while en route to or from voting.

I doubt very strongly that you would ever be arrested for driving on an out of state license for too long on any day, let alone election day. I'm quite sure the police would inform you that you needed to obtain a license for the State you're now living in and either cite you for that violation or give you an opportunity to rectify the problem to avoid a citation.

I don't know how it is where you come from but in my state you can't be arrested for a misdemeanor or lesser offense while en route to or from voting.

I doubt very strongly that you would ever be arrested for driving on an out of state license for too long on any day, let alone election day. I'm quite sure the police would inform you that you needed to obtain a license for the State you're now living in and either cite you for that violation or give you an opportunity to rectify the problem to avoid a citation.

I know - I'm just sayin', the right to vote trumps any minor legal violations like not changing your license in time.

Also - laws that prohibit arrest for misdemeanor going to and from voting places are designed to keep the local PD from harassing people trying to vote, they are designed precisely to prevent an unreasonable cop from deciding to arrest you for something like not having your right license to keep you from voting. I'm guessing it was a practice in Jim Crow days - just arrest any black who tries to go vote on some phony charge, if the charge doesn't stick it don't matter because its too late to vote by the time they get out. And for every 1 you throw in jail 10 won't try to vote at all because of it.

Last edited:
Valid Voter ID is common sense and is not racist in any way. The Democrats hate it only because it makes it harder for them to rig elections. And they know that's the truth. Without all those Illegals,Felons,Deceased voters,and fictitious people who never existed,where would they be? This is just a sham. And Eric Holder is a stone-cold criminal anyway. He should have already been arrested.

link please?

No Eric, voter ID's prevent fraud. Of course Democrats have come to rely on votes from dead people, ineligible people and illegal aliens. This poses a problem for them.

Eric Holder: Voter ID laws hurt minorities - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Coming from Eric Holder who through his Justice Department (the ATF) let walk 2000 semi-automatic weapons into the hands of violent Mexican drug lords--and who is now threatening voter approved medical marijuana states with punishment--what can we expect?

Their going to need a lot of voter fraud to get re-elected.

Last edited:
Here's a novel idea. Why don't we encourage organizations like ACORN (or whatever the heck they call themselves these days) to turn their focus to raising funds so that folks can go get their Photo IDs? For most states it is like $5. They can register them to vote and then give them $5 and point them to the MVD where they can get a non-drivers license photo ID so they could then vote. I'm sure all those folks would use the $5 for that. (cough)

I read the article. I read AG Holder's position. I read the comments of those who are against Voter ID laws. Everyone says these laws "hurt minorities."

- How do these laws hurt minorities only and not white people?
- Does the law say that only if you are minority, you must have a voter ID?

Minorities are clearly capable of ID authentication in the form of a photo ID when they want to enter a restricted building, write a check, get a job (I-9 requirements), or get into a club or buy alcohol.

Or, is the AG and all who are against voter ID laws implying that minorities cannot be trusted nor are responsible enough to get their own photo ID?

wait a minute...

Eric Holder is saying that a law hurts minorities?

ISn't that a racial statement?

If Newt said a law "assists" minorities...wouldnt we be hearing about how racist a comment that was?

Here's a novel idea. Why don't we encourage organizations like ACORN (or whatever the heck they call themselves these days) to turn their focus to raising funds so that folks can go get their Photo IDs? For most states it is like $5. They can register them to vote and then give them $5 and point them to the MVD where they can get a non-drivers license photo ID so they could then vote. I'm sure all those folks would use the $5 for that. (cough)

Better idea...

Everyone on welfare, foodstamps and unemployment receive an extra 5 dollars in one check and they are instructed to use it on an ID.

If the opt to use the 5 bucks on something else, that is their choice and if they dont have ID come the day to vote, they cant vote.

How much ya wanna bet that there will STILL be no surge in ID purchases.

Voter ID laws will disfranchise (X) amount of voters and prevent (Y) amount of fraudulent votes. Neither number is zero and there is no way of knowing the exact amounts. To my way of thinking any voting rule that results in (X>0) is not worth the price of (Y=0).

I don't care who is disenfranchised. If someone cares enough to vote, then they should care enough to put forth the effort for a ligit voter id.

Better idea...

Everyone on welfare, foodstamps and unemployment receive an extra 5 dollars in one check and they are instructed to use it on an ID.

If the opt to use the 5 bucks on something else, that is their choice and if they dont have ID come the day to vote, they cant vote.

How much ya wanna bet that there will STILL be no surge in ID purchases.

That works for me too. Or simply have the government issue a photo ID to all who are getting welfare, food stamps, unemployment checks etc. and they are required to show it in order to use or cash them.

Last edited:
Voter ID laws will disfranchise (X) amount of voters and prevent (Y) amount of fraudulent votes. Neither number is zero and there is no way of knowing the exact amounts. To my way of thinking any voting rule that results in (X>0) is not worth the price of (Y=0).

I don't care who is disenfranchised. If someone cares enough to vote, then they should care enough to put forth the effort for a ligit voter id.

people have no issue showing ID to buy cigarettes, beer or get in a club

Thoise same people somehow find a way to get to the store or the clubs.

But it is too much of a hassle to get to the DMV or state office to get an ID.

The argument I heard yesterday was that many of them would need to take a bus...

So? Isnt that what the buses are for?

people have no issue showing ID to buy cigarettes, beer or get in a club

Thoise same people somehow find a way to get to the store or the clubs.

But it is too much of a hassle to get to the DMV or state office to get an ID.

The argument I heard yesterday was that many of them would need to take a bus...

So? Isnt that what the buses are for?

Yes that is what busses are for. But those who seem so desperate to get 'poor' people to the polls on election day seem to find ways to transport them there. The same people could also transport them to get a Photo ID couldn't they?

Bottom line, anybody who wants to make it unnecessary to identify yourself in order to vote is absolutely up to no good whatsoever. And those of us who think we need to ensure the integrity of the one citizen, one vote system need to be very firm in requiring photo ID for anybody who votes.

I read the article. I read AG Holder's position. I read the comments of those who are against Voter ID laws. Everyone says these laws "hurt minorities."

statistically fewer minorities have ID's and/or the paperwork needed to get one.

Minorities are clearly capable of ID authentication in the form of a photo ID when they want to enter a restricted building, write a check, get a job (I-9 requirements), or get into a club or buy alcohol.

Write a check? What are you, 100 years old? Enter a restricted building? WTF? Yeah,those minorities, I seem em using their ID's to enter "restricted buildings" all the time, they can't help it!

statistically fewer minorities have ID's and/or the paperwork needed to get one.

Write a check? What are you, 100 years old? Enter a restricted building? WTF? Yeah,those minorities, I seem em using their ID's to enter "restricted buildings" all the time, they can't help it!

Regardless of whether they are among a minority group or not, those who don't have sufficient paperwork necessary to get a photo ID sure as hell don't have sufficient paperwork to prove they are U.S. citizens and therefore have a right to vote.

Forum List

Back