Eric Holder Brings A Circus To The Courts

Are you for or against cruel punishment?

I feel in this case it's nessessary.

You want to end Islamic aggression, hit em hard and hit em where they live. Make the consequences so terrible that they wouldn't dare consider it again.

I don't like violence, but it's a choice between dealing with this disease or just putting up with it till it kills us. Bargaining with them is useless. Best way I know to deal with these demented monsters is send in a monster to disembowel one Hannibal Lector style.

Then you are not a Constitutionalist and shouldn't be lambasting others daily when you feel they perform or believe outside of the Constitution either. But you don't think in those terms because you can't think past your own nose.

Do you believe rights are granted by the constitution, or that the constitution simply establishes that they were granted by God?

If said rights are established by God - you're either riding with them or not - and anything less is a pretty glaring fault in your entire life's philosophy.

You really need to think these things through a little better, it looks like.

Don't lecture me.

And don't put words in my mouth or tell me what I believe.

I know from personal experience the only way to deal with these guys. Do you think Charles Manson can change? Lump these guys in with him because they are beyond help. They are daring us to be ruthless with them. They don't think we have the guts. Well.....in all honesty it takes somebody shoving them through a chipper-shreader to deal with them in a manner they can understand.

Did David slay Goliath with kindness?

Nope. He knocked him senseless with a stone and cut his friggen head off as an example to the rest of his enemies.

Last edited:
I feel in this case it's nessessary.

You want to end Islamic aggression, hit em hard and hit em where they live. Make the consequences so terrible that they wouldn't dare consider it again.

I don't like violence, but it's a choice between dealing with this disease or just putting up with it till it kills us. Bargaining with them is useless. Best way I know to deal with these demented monsters is send in a monster to disembowel one Hannibal Lector style.

Then you are not a Constitutionalist and shouldn't be lambasting others daily when you feel they perform or believe outside of the Constitution either. But you don't think in those terms because you can't think past your own nose.

Do you believe rights are granted by the constitution, or that the constitution simply establishes that they were granted by God?

If said rights are established by God - you're either riding with them or not - and anything less is a pretty glaring fault in your entire life's philosophy.

Don't lecture me.

I know from personal experience the only way to deal with these guys. Do you think Charles Manson can change? Lump these guy in with him because they are beyond help. They are daring us to be ruthless with them. They don't think we have the guts. Well.....in all honesty it takes somebody shoving them through a chipper-shreader to deal with them in a manner they can understand.

Which is in direct defiance of the Constitution, so - you put the words in your own mouth right there.

Btw, Obama is releasing high level detainees in Afghanistan as per an agreement he signed last week.

At least 1 in 4 go back to fighting.

Smart move Obama.

Link to the 1 in 4 statement?

DNI Says 1 in 4 Prisoners Released From Guantanamo Bay Return to Terrorism - Sara Sorcher - NationalJournal.com

Play of the Day!
Santorum's Endorsement

CONGRESS
Who Takes Lugar's Slot?

National Security
State of the War

POLITICAL CARTOONS
Morin's Animated World
NATIONAL SECURITY

DNI Says 1 in 4 Prisoners Released From Guantanamo Bay Return to Terrorism

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services

By Sara Sorcher

Updated: December 8, 2010 | 11:46 a.m.
December 8, 2010 | 11:05 a.m.

John Moore/Getty Images

A U.S. military guard tower stands on the perimeter of a detainee camp at the U.S. detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

About 1 in 4 detainees released from the Guantanamo Bay military prison are either confirmed or suspected to have resumed terrorist activities, according to a new report from the director of national intelligence. The report will provide new ammunition to opponents of the Obama administration's flagging effort to close the prison.

The report finds that 598 detainees had been transferred by the Pentagon from Guantanamo Bay into the custody of other countries as of October 1. Of those, 150 former detainees have been “confirmed or suspected of reengaging in terrorist or insurgent activities.”

Of those 150, according to the report, the intelligence community has determined that 13 are dead, 54 are in custody, and 83 remain at large.

I call band width violation! :drillsergeant:

Last edited:
They aren't criminals. They are enemy combatants. They are not getting a criminal trial but a military tribunal. They weren't tortured. They were made uncomfortable. They should have been tortured. These vermin should have been broken years ago. It is a shame that they are still defiant. I disagree with the treatment they received. They should have been pistol whipped by a woman in a mini skirt and bikini top on a daily basis. As it is, yes we got intelligence even from the very VERY mild treatment they received. Enough intelligence to enable obama to "get" Bin Laden.

Yet another compassionate conservative weighs in on the subject . . . .

I never claimed to be compassionate! Especially to terrorists. If they were treated as they should have been treated, they'd be totally Stockholm Syndromed by now.

If they were treated the way they deserve to be, they would have long ago been worm food.

Don't lecture me.

I know from personal experience the only way to deal with these guys. Do you think Charles Manson can change? Lump these guy in with him because they are beyond help. They are daring us to be ruthless with them. They don't think we have the guts. Well.....in all honesty it takes somebody shoving them through a chipper-shreader to deal with them in a manner they can understand.

Which is in direct defiance of the Constitution, so - you put the words in your own mouth right there.

No, idiot. I'm stating what they understand. This not even a constitutional issue.

If we dealt with them according to Sharia Law it would be over quick as the blood stopped spurting.

Don't lecture me.

No, idiot. I'm stating what they understand. This not even a constitutional issue.

If we dealt with them according to Sharia Law it would be over quick as the blood stopped spurting.

So you believ e in treating each individual as their own philosophy demands, and not by Constitutional requirement.

It is very much a constitutional issue, you either believe in it or you dont. It's not that hard.

So you believ e in treating each individual as their own philosophy demands, and not by Constitutional requirement.

It is very much a constitutional issue, you either believe in it or you dont. It's not that hard.

I don't believe in treating anyone in that manner.....but I'm a realist. I'm simply trying to point out truth and hope you recognize it.

The reason it isn't a constitutional issue is because these guys don't fall under our constitution. They're currently in limbo. The moment we bring them from there over to US soil they are protected by our constitution. That's why they're at GITMO.

But if you believe the rights described in the Constitution are endowed by our "creator," then the rights are international because "our creator" is international, obviously.
Or else, you dont believe that theyre endowed by our creator.

But if you believe the rights described in the Constitution are endowed by our "creator," then the rights are international because "our creator" is international, obviously.
Or else, you dont believe that theyre endowed by our creator.

God didn't write the Constitution.

That was presumptive of them.......but that's the way they talked back then.

I would say they were just using flowery words.....but it was presumptive of them.

Forum List

Back