Eric Cantor: Lie much?

This lame attempt at spin by the Right is comparable to the morons who claim that the economic boom during the Clinton years was caused by Ronald Reagan.

So...

...the Right's spins are as follows:

Obama inherited Bush's great work in pursuing Bin Laden, but did he inherit an economic disaster from Bush?

No no no no, can't say that!! Economic disaster bad!!! Can't blame Bush for that!!

lol, maybe the economy fell apart on Bush because he was too focused on the trail of Bin Laden!!!!!!!!

jeezus you people are stupid!

Not stupid (well some are - a shout out to NOLA), they're desperate. The Republican leadership has one goal and one only. The more success Obama has the greater the difficulty the R's face in achieving that goal.
Given 'getting' OBL is likely to boost Obama's poll numbers what's a Cantor to do? Rewrite history of course. And what's a partisan troll to do? Repeat the orders from the Ministry of Truth of course.

Politically, this has totally taken foreign policy off the table as something the GOP can use to run against Obama in 2012. Period.

The Navy Seals putting a bullet in OBL's head doesn't erase the 14 trillion dollar debt, doesn't erase the abysmal unemployment rate, nor lower gas and food prices.

Facts are stubborn things, and it doesn't change the FACT that Obama is a terrible President.

LoL @ "What do you want him to say?"

WAAAAAAAHHHHH...you are besmirtching my Pwezidunt!

gop_cry1.jpg

DumbA$$...I expected the buffoon to LEAD.

I expected him to say...

"We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority.”

THAT'S what $hrub SHOULD have said.

That is YOUR opinion... whatever Bush said, you'd have taken out of context and bitched about. Cuz you dumb.

Killing bin Laden was not our biggest priority. Crushing terrorism.... in any form.... is a national security priority.

You are so hung up on individuals and labels that you are unable to think logically. Hence, you result to using really big, bold text.... because you're so fucking moronic that you think you're making a point instead of a fool of yourself.

Carry on.

Crushing terrorism is a national priority. On that we agree, sort of. You support war on terror which thus far has cost us more in terms of blood and treasure than our loses on Sept 11, 2001 and I support working to extinguish the root cause of terror.

We have forgotten the first rule of war, know your enemy. Bill Clinton understood it, George Bush did not. Bush might have become one of the greatest presidents since Lincoln had he simply listened to his wife and not the neo-conservatives who wanted war. He did not and that will remain his greatest failure.

Not stupid (well some are - a shout out to NOLA), they're desperate. The Republican leadership has one goal and one only. The more success Obama has the greater the difficulty the R's face in achieving that goal.
Given 'getting' OBL is likely to boost Obama's poll numbers what's a Cantor to do? Rewrite history of course. And what's a partisan troll to do? Repeat the orders from the Ministry of Truth of course.

Politically, this has totally taken foreign policy off the table as something the GOP can use to run against Obama in 2012. Period.

The Navy Seals putting a bullet in OBL's head doesn't erase the 14 trillion dollar debt, doesn't erase the abysmal unemployment rate, nor lower gas and food prices.

Facts are stubborn things, and it doesn't change the FACT that Obama is a terrible President.

did obama personally fire all of the now unemployed?

did obama spend every dollar of the 14 trillion personally?

did obama personally increase gas and food prices?

No, I'm just smart enough to recognize that having our President publicly focusing solely on the capture of ONE individual would, in fact, give that individual yet more kudos in the eyes of his followers. Instead, Bush (on the advice of others) opted to downplay Bin Laden's significance. You may not agree with him but that does not make him wrong.

Fucking Idiot Twit.... you're not even smart enough to reach the level of hack. You're just jack shit stupid.

I may be stupid but at LEAST I'm not a stinking, partisan, lying POS!

I can hold my head up proudly, yet stupidly, but honorably.

Carry on liar.

:cool:

Obama didn't. Since as you know, he actually got the bulk of our troops OUT of Iraq. However, Bush obviously didn't need the added distraction of the Iraq invasion on his plate, since it took his priorities away from finding Bin Laden. Get it?

So, in your opinion, we should have focused the entire might of the US on chasing one man... and completely ignored the rest of AQ's infrastructure, training facilities, etc?

Seriously? That's your contention?

If you cannot see the utter stupidity of that, then God is the only one who can help you.

Wasn't OBL responible for the 9/11 attacks? Wasn't he the leader of AQ? Wouldn't it have made sense to get him, first and foremost?

No, it wouldn't. It would not have stopped AQ, it would only have damaged the public's support for doing the actually important shit like destroying their supply chain, their funding chain, their training facilities, their leadership structure. Surely you're smart enough to see that?

It was not the act of one man. Bin Laden was the least of it.... the front guy. The Face. No more.

That is YOUR opinion... whatever Bush said, you'd have taken out of context and bitched about. Cuz you dumb.

Killing bin Laden was not our biggest priority. Crushing terrorism.... in any form.... is a national security priority.

You are so hung up on individuals and labels that you are unable to think logically. Hence, you result to using really big, bold text.... because you're so fucking moronic that you think you're making a point instead of a fool of yourself.

Carry on.

Riiiiiiight........:rolleyes:

Speculation, convection, shoulda-woulda-coulda, OPINION, pseudo-nuance....in the end that's all you have to fall back on.

Carry on hack.

No, I'm just smart enough to recognize that having our President publicly focusing solely on the capture of ONE individual would, in fact, give that individual yet more kudos in the eyes of his followers. Instead, Bush (on the advice of others) opted to downplay Bin Laden's significance. You may not agree with him but that does not make him wrong.

Fucking Idiot Twit.... you're not even smart enough to reach the level of hack. You're just jack shit stupid.

Barack Obama is president. He's getting blamed by the Right for anything and everything BAD that happens on his watch,

let the Right follow YOUR principle, and give him credit for the good in the same undiluted amount they dish out the blame with.

I may be stupid but at LEAST I'm not a stinking, partisan, lying POS!

I can hold my head up proudly, yet stupidly, but honorably.

Carry on liar.

You most certainly are a stinking, partisan, lying POS, Marc. You might be able to hold your head up.... but that's just because you're too fucking stupid it keep it down so you don't get it metaphorically chopped off.

You actually make me laugh with your accusations of partisanship. Honestly, I doubt you know the meaning of the word. :lol::lol:

Sad bastard.

Yes.

Most of it yes.

Yes.

Riiiiiiight........:rolleyes:

Speculation, convection, shoulda-woulda-coulda, OPINION, pseudo-nuance....in the end that's all you have to fall back on.

Carry on hack.

Barack Obama is president. He's getting blamed by the Right for anything and everything BAD that happens on his watch,

let the Right follow YOUR principle, and give him credit for the good in the same undiluted amount they dish out the blame with.

We do give him credit.

The only thing he has done right in his entire Presidency is continue Bush foreign policy: continued the wars and left Gitmo open.

So, in your opinion, we should have focused the entire might of the US on chasing one man... and completely ignored the rest of AQ's infrastructure, training facilities, etc?

Seriously? That's your contention?

If you cannot see the utter stupidity of that, then God is the only one who can help you.

Wasn't OBL responible for the 9/11 attacks? Wasn't he the leader of AQ? Wouldn't it have made sense to get him, first and foremost?

No, it wouldn't. It would not have stopped AQ, it would only have damaged the public's support for doing the actually important shit like destroying their supply chain, their funding chain, their training facilities, their leadership structure. Surely you're smart enough to see that?

It was not the act of one man. Bin Laden was the least of it.... the front guy. The Face. No more.

CG has forgotten the first rule of holes. In her effort to defend her opinion she has offered the efforts of the Clinton Administration to defend us and break AQ, "like destroying their supply chain, their funding chain, their training facilities, their leadership structure" and seeking to bring peace and end poverty in the ME.

All of which took second place under the leadership of GWB.

Last edited:

Yes.

Most of it yes.

Yes.

how did he do that? especially the firing.

did he fire government employees? white house cleaning personnel? secretaries? or czars?

that would be a good thing, right?

Yes.

Most of it yes.

Yes.

how did he do that? especially the firing.

did he fire government employees? white house cleaning personnel? secretaries? or czars?

that would be a good thing, right?

Since he was a part of the Dem controlled Congress and supports every liberal policy there is, he does get credit for the tanking economy since 2008 which took place after liberals took control of Congress and made Bush a lame duck President.

Under such policies unemployment soared, the debt more than trippled, and especially since becoming President his Federal reserve is illegally printing money making the dollar more and more worthless with each passing day, which is why oil is so expensive now.

But, I don't expect the moonbat libruls to take credit for any of that wonderful stuff that the Hussein is responsible for. They just want to thump their chests and take credit for what the military has done, because its all they got.

CG has forgotten the first rule of holes. In her effort to defend her opinion she has offered the efforts of the Clinton Administration to defend us and break AQ, "like destroying their supply chain, their funding chain, their training facilities, their leadership structure" and seeking to bring peace and end poverty in the ME.

I'm not overly interested in what happened under whose presidency. I am interested only in the facts.

Marc's hysterical ranting over a couple of comment made by Bush in order to discourage the world's extremists from thinking Bin Laden was some kind of bogeyman seems to me to have been a reasonable approach.

I'm not overly interested in what happened under whose presidency. I am interested only in the facts.

Marc's hysterical ranting over a couple of comment made by Bush in order to discourage the world's extremists from thinking Bin Laden was some kind of bogeyman seems to me to have been a reasonable approach.

The comments made by Bush were not taken out of context, nor were they "code" for "I am focused like a laser on bringing this murderer to justice". Bush was not intelligent enough to think in those terms. We all know this. He took his eye off the ball to finish what hid Daddy didn't. And it has cost America entirely too much in blood and treasure. It is unfortunate that Cantor, Boehner and their GOP pals are so concerned about their chances in 2012, that they feel the need to attempt this "me too" game at a time such as this.

Anyway.. what does the invasion of Iraq have to do with the murder of Bin Laden?

Deflect much?

It has NOTHING to do with it, because Bush took his off of the ball (Bin Laden), by starting an invasion of Iraq. Get it?

No.. this is colossally goofy, even for you. So, your argument is that we needed all the resources used in Iraq to get Bin Laden? REALLY????

Come on man....

:lol:
Obviously we did!!!!!!

Bush pulled out assets out of Afghanistan and put them in Iraq and failed to get Reagan's Freedom Fighter. Obama pulled out assets out of Iraq and put them in Afghanistan and he got OBL in 2 years whereas Bush couldn't get him in 7. Remember you CON$ say Bush got the intel from his torturing the detainees, a policy Obama stopped, so Bush had the same intel but not the same assets or desire to get OBL.

"I'm not overly interested in what happened under whose presidency. I am interested only in the facts."

California Girl

Frankly CG, this almost caused me to spit coffee all over my screen. This was a true LOL moment. Were you serious or trying to be funny.

All you republicans and democrats are all complete hypocrites. Repubicans wont give Barack Obama any credit for getting Osama Bin Laden but wanna blame him for all the other problems that are going on. At the same time Democrats wanna blame all the problems today on George W Bush policies but don't wanna give him any credit for Osama Bin Laden. No wonder this country is so f'ed up. The two party system is a joke and so is all this hypocritical bickering.

The comments made by Bush were not taken out of context, nor were they "code" for "I am focused like a laser on bringing this murderer to justice". Bush was not intelligent enough to think in those terms. We all know this. He took his eye off the ball to finish what hid Daddy didn't. And it has cost America entirely too much in blood and treasure. It is unfortunate that Cantor, Boehner and their GOP pals are so concerned about their chances in 2012, that they feel the need to attempt this "me too" game at a time such as this.

What 'we all know' is not 'know' it is opinion, it is not fact. You are welcome to your opinion, you are not welcome to your own facts.

The problem, as I see it, is that the left are unable to give any credit to anyone other than Obama, and the right see the work done under the previous administration as part of this success.

Personally, I think the left are being their usual pathetically partisan selves, unable to credit anyone with anything other than St Barack. It's pathetic.

And, as per usual, you fall back on the 'blood and treasure' and pretend you give a rats ass about our military.

The OP's topic was Cantor's lie. I await some evidence of a lie. An opinion is not a lie. He views Obama's continuation of the policies of Bush as relevant. Y'all want to pretend differently. Who's the liar? It ain't Cantor.

All you republicans and democrats are all complete hypocrites. Repubicans wont give Barack Obama any credit for getting Osama Bin Laden but wanna blame him for all the other problems that are going on. At the same time Democrats wanna blame all the problems today on George W Bush policies but don't wanna give him any credit for Osama Bin Laden. No wonder this country is so f'ed up. The two party system is a joke and so is all this hypocritical bickering.

Hence I have an intense dislike of both parties. Neither acts in the best interests of America.

Forum List

Back