Eric Cantor: Lie much?

Anyway.. what does the invasion of Iraq have to do with the murder of Bin Laden?

Deflect much?

It has NOTHING to do with it, because Bush took his off of the ball (Bin Laden), by starting an invasion of Iraq. Get it?

No.. this is colossally goofy, even for you. So, your argument is that we needed all the resources used in Iraq to get Bin Laden? REALLY????

Come on man....

:lol:

Obama didn't. Since as you know, he actually got the bulk of our troops OUT of Iraq. However, Bush obviously didn't need the added distraction of the Iraq invasion on his plate, since it took his priorities away from finding Bin Laden. Get it?

Cantor's right. If y'all wanna blame Bush for the bad stuff, you have to face the unpleasant truth that this current success started under Bush's watch.

Sharing credit does not make it any less significant. Man up, lefties.

That only works if you accept that Bush WAS to blame for the 'bad stuff'.

When did the Right show any inclination to do that?

Starting with the unmitigated disaster of the Iraq war and the needless deaths and injuries to thousands of Americans, and the waste of trillions of dollars.

Is the Right's consensus now to willingly blame Bush, unequivocally, for that?

Of course not, he had the backing of a majority of Congress to invade Iraq, the thrust of which started under Clinton. The left had been calling for regime change in Iraq since the late nineties. Bush just did it, but with full Congressional approval.. like TWICE.

They all own it. Try being honest with yourself... it's refreshing.

Another lie. He had the backing of the REPUBLICANS in Congress. Democrats voted AGAINST the Iraq war.

This lame attempt at spin by the Right is comparable to the morons who claim that the economic boom during the Clinton years was caused by Ronald Reagan.

So...

...the Right's spins are as follows:

Obama inherited Bush's great work in pursuing Bin Laden, but did he inherit an economic disaster from Bush?

No no no no, can't say that!! Economic disaster bad!!! Can't blame Bush for that!!

lol, maybe the economy fell apart on Bush because he was too focused on the trail of Bin Laden!!!!!!!!

jeezus you people are stupid!

Not stupid (well some are - a shout out to NOLA), they're desperate. The Republican leadership has one goal and one only. The more success Obama has the greater the difficulty the R's face in achieving that goal.
Given 'getting' OBL is likely to boost Obama's poll numbers what's a Cantor to do? Rewrite history of course. And what's a partisan troll to do? Repeat the orders from the Ministry of Truth of course.

Cantor's right. If y'all wanna blame Bush for the bad stuff, you have to face the unpleasant truth that this current success started under Bush's watch.

Sharing credit does not make it any less significant. Man up, lefties.

Then you can easily show us where Cantor blamed Bush for all the bad stuff, right?

LoL @ "What do you want him to say?"

WAAAAAAAHHHHH...you are besmirtching my Pwezidunt!

gop_cry1.jpg

DumbA$$...I expected the buffoon to LEAD.

I expected him to say...

"We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority.”

THAT'S what $hrub SHOULD have said.

That is YOUR opinion... whatever Bush said, you'd have taken out of context and bitched about. Cuz you dumb.

Killing bin Laden was not our biggest priority. Crushing terrorism.... in any form.... is a national security priority.

You are so hung up on individuals and labels that you are unable to think logically. Hence, you result to using really big, bold text.... because you're so fucking moronic that you think you're making a point instead of a fool of yourself.

Carry on.

This lame attempt at spin by the Right is comparable to the morons who claim that the economic boom during the Clinton years was caused by Ronald Reagan.

So...

...the Right's spins are as follows:

Obama inherited Bush's great work in pursuing Bin Laden, but did he inherit an economic disaster from Bush?

No no no no, can't say that!! Economic disaster bad!!! Can't blame Bush for that!!

lol, maybe the economy fell apart on Bush because he was too focused on the trail of Bin Laden!!!!!!!!

jeezus you people are stupid!

Not stupid (well some are - a shout out to NOLA), they're desperate. The Republican leadership has one goal and one only. The more success Obama has the greater the difficulty the R's face in achieving that goal.
Given 'getting' OBL is likely to boost Obama's poll numbers what's a Cantor to do? Rewrite history of course. And what's a partisan troll to do? Repeat the orders from the Ministry of Truth of course.

Politically, this has totally taken foreign policy off the table as something the GOP can use to run against Obama in 2012. Period.

Starting with the unmitigated disaster of the Iraq war and the needless deaths and injuries to thousands of Americans, and the waste of trillions of dollars.

Of course not, he had the backing of a majority of Congress to invade Iraq, the thrust of which started under Clinton. The left had been calling for regime change in Iraq since the late nineties. Bush just did it, but with full Congressional approval.. like TWICE.

Another lie. He had the backing of the REPUBLICANS in Congress. Democrats voted AGAINST the Iraq war.

81 Democrats voted yes. Please you need to stop already... you're not looking very good here. This was NOT entirely Bush's war... that's just plain dishonest.

gop_cry1.jpg

I expected him to say...

"We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority.”

That is YOUR opinion... whatever Bush said, you'd have taken out of context and bitched about. Cuz you dumb.

Killing bin Laden was not our biggest priority. Crushing terrorism.... in any form.... is a national security priority.

You are so hung up on individuals and labels that you are unable to think logically. Hence, you result to using really big, bold text.... because you're so fucking moronic that you think you're making a point instead of a fool of yourself.

Carry on.

PLEASE tell me how you take these commenst IN context then:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Let's review who had this figured out, and when.

This is what Barack Obama said, in Oct. 2002, in his speech opposing the coming disaster of the Iraq war:

So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the President today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let’s finish the fight with Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.

Carry on.

Riiiiiiight........:rolleyes:

Speculation, convection, shoulda-woulda-coulda, OPINION, pseudo-nuance....in the end that's all you have to fall back on. The facts have absolutely NOTHING to do with you or your arguments.

Carry on hack.

:cool:

Last edited:

OH REALLY?

YES VOTES:

Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

It has NOTHING to do with it, because Bush took his off of the ball (Bin Laden), by starting an invasion of Iraq. Get it?

No.. this is colossally goofy, even for you. So, your argument is that we needed all the resources used in Iraq to get Bin Laden? REALLY????

Come on man....

Obama didn't. Since as you know, he actually got the bulk of our troops OUT of Iraq. However, Bush obviously didn't need the added distraction of the Iraq invasion on his plate, since it took his priorities away from finding Bin Laden. Get it?

So, in your opinion, we should have focused the entire might of the US on chasing one man... and completely ignored the rest of AQ's infrastructure, training facilities, etc?

Seriously? That's your contention?

If you cannot see the utter stupidity of that, then God is the only one who can help you.

81 Democrats voted yes. Please you need to stop already... you're not looking very good here. This was NOT entirely Bush's war... that's just plain dishonest.

Just for the record, this is correct, Bush did get support from Democrats for the invasion of Iraq. Not a majority of them but the support was there. Of course, their support was gotten partially based on the lies of WMD, but that will get this thread way off track....

147 Democrats voted NO.

Apparently your stellar homeschool education skipped elementary math.

Come on man....

So, in your opinion, we should have focused the entire might of the US on chasing one man... and completely ignored the rest of AQ's infrastructure, training facilities, etc?

Seriously? That's your contention?

If you cannot see the utter stupidity of that, then God is the only one who can help you.

Wasn't OBL responible for the 9/11 attacks? Wasn't he the leader of AQ? Wouldn't it have made sense to get him, first and foremost?

Don't play his deflection game...

Don't do it....

gop_cry1.jpg

I expected him to say...

Carry on.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Oh....you didn't get the memo VA?

Yerr 'posed to use NUANCE!

...whatever that means.

lol

gop_cry1.jpg

I expected him to say...

Carry on.

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

when bush said the above, it was the only times he was withholding the truth, which was that he was actually totally focussed on bin laden and finding him, but fooled the guy. he fooled the guy so much, that, only some years later, obumble stumbled over him.

Carry on.

Riiiiiiight........:rolleyes:

Speculation, convection, shoulda-woulda-coulda, OPINION, pseudo-nuance....in the end that's all you have to fall back on.

Carry on hack.

:cool:

No, I'm just smart enough to recognize that having our President publicly focusing solely on the capture of ONE individual would, in fact, give that individual yet more kudos in the eyes of his followers. Instead, Bush (on the advice of others) opted to downplay Bin Laden's significance. You may not agree with him but that does not make him wrong.

Fucking Idiot Twit.... you're not even smart enough to reach the level of hack. You're just jack shit stupid.

Just for the record, this is correct, Bush did get support from Democrats for the invasion of Iraq. Not a majority of them but the support was there. Of course, their support was gotten partially based on the lies of WMD, but that will get this thread way off track....

Most Democrats voted against it. Period.

I always have to laugh when the Right on the one hand tries to claim that Iraq was not an unmitigated disaster,

and then on the other hand, try to blame its perpetration on the Democrats.:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back