Eric Cantor: Lie much?

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Cantor praises Obama, Bush for bin Laden killing - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) on Wednesday credited Presidents Obama and Bush for the killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"The man with the blood of more than 3,000 Americans on his hands, the man who forced us to begin to think the unthinkable - is now dead," Cantor said in a statement. "I commend President Obama who has followed the vigilance of President Bush in bringing Bin Laden to justice."

Cantor said that bin Laden's killing shows that "justice has been done after, President Bush said nearly a decade ago, 'Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done."

The Virginia Republican said that "We will not relent in our fight against terror and our efforts to keep America safe and secure."

As the GOP attempted to spin this back on themselves in a very tasteless version of the "me too" game, I can only assume Eric Cantor has forgotten, or simply lied about Bush's "VIGILANCE"?

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Do Eric Cantor and John Boehner REALLY think our memories are that short? Or that Bush's remarks were never put to print???

Cantor praises Obama, Bush for bin Laden killing - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) on Wednesday credited Presidents Obama and Bush for the killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"The man with the blood of more than 3,000 Americans on his hands, the man who forced us to begin to think the unthinkable - is now dead," Cantor said in a statement. "I commend President Obama who has followed the vigilance of President Bush in bringing Bin Laden to justice."

Cantor said that bin Laden's killing shows that "justice has been done after, President Bush said nearly a decade ago, 'Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done."

The Virginia Republican said that "We will not relent in our fight against terror and our efforts to keep America safe and secure."

As the GOP attempted to spin this back on themselves in a very tasteless version of the "me too" game, I can only assume Eric Cantor has forgotten, or simply lied about Bush's "VIGILANCE"?

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Do Eric Cantor and John Boehner REALLY think our memories are that short? Or that Bush's remarks were never put to print???
Due to that regressive luddite-gene all "conservatives" inherit, they're still not fully-understanding what they refer-to as "Them, there eelectrisical recordin'-machines."

I'm guessin' this applies to (both) audio & video.​

Cantor's right. If y'all wanna blame Bush for the bad stuff, you have to face the unpleasant truth that this current success started under Bush's watch.

Sharing credit does not make it any less significant. Man up, lefties.

Cantor's right. If y'all wanna blame Bush for the bad stuff, you have to face the unpleasant truth that this current success started under Bush's watch.

Comprehension is not your strong suit, I know, but I was blaming CANTOR for lying, not Bush....:cuckoo:

You GD POS liar!!!

What part of...

George W. Bush said:
- 3/13/02

- Repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,

Do you NOT understand?

You really make me sick!

*spits*

You GD POS liar!!!

What part of...

George W. Bush said:
- 3/13/02

Do you NOT understand?

You really make me sick!

*spits*

Your hysteria and total idiocy is wearing on my patience, you moronic twit. Exactly how was Bush supposed to respond? Would you have preferred him to say he spends every waking hour focused on Bin Laden?

Use your fucking brain, for once in your life.

Your inability to understand the nuances of politics is breathtaking. When it comes to your Messiah, you think his farts are the words of a genius, but when Bush plays down the importance of getting Bin Laden, the nuance goes so far over your head, he may have well spoken them from the fucking space shuttle.

You're a moron.

Context is apparently lost on the fucking stupid...

Carry on, VaPudYank....

That's not necessarily a trick employed solely by the left but, generally, I find the ability of many Americans to totally ignore context is beneath my comprehension.

Let's see. I'm the president of the U.S., post 9/11. We have scores of intelligence folks here and around the world looking for bin Laden and others. What kind of comments from me are likely to to help the process? Should I talk about how we're combing through all sorts of leads, documents, interviewing, searching, etc., etc., diligently 24/7 and won't rest until we've got him or killed him? Or, rather than saying things that might keep him and others constantly on their toes and vigilant, I just say things that make it sound like our interests lie elsewhere?

Yeah, I know the kinds of things I'd be saying. Also know what some dipshits in here would be blabbing instead.

Let's see. I'm the president of the U.S., post 9/11. We have scores of intelligence folks here and around the world looking for bin Laden and others. What kind of comments from me are likely to to help the process? Should I talk about how we're combing through all sorts of leads, documents, interviewing, searching, etc., etc., diligently 24/7 and won't rest until we've got him or killed him? Or, rather than saying things that might keep him and others constantly on their toes and vigilant, I just say things that make it sound like our interests lie elsewhere?

Yeah, I know the kinds of things I'd be saying. Also know what some dipshits in here would be blabbing instead.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....so Bush's comments were all part of his strategery. I get it!:cuckoo:

You GD POS liar!!!

What part of...

George W. Bush said:
- 3/13/02

Do you NOT understand?

You really make me sick!

*spits*

Always with the simulated spitting. What are you, ten?

Speaking of making people sick.... and Marc shows up to nauseate us all.

You GD POS liar!!!

What part of...

George W. Bush said:
- 3/13/02

Do you NOT understand?

You really make me sick!

*spits*

Your hysteria and total idiocy is wearing on my patience, you moronic twit. Exactly how was Bush supposed to respond? Would you have preferred him to say he spends every waking hour focused on Bin Laden?

Your inability to understand the nuances of politics is breathtaking. When it comes to your Messiah, you think his farts are the words of a genius, but when Bush plays down the importance of getting Bin Laden, the nuance goes so far over your head, he may have well spoken them from the fucking space shuttle.

You're a moron.

Indeed... not the sharpest tool in the shed by any means.

You're a moron.

It's not hysteria, it's utter contempt!

Take your "nuances" and shove them up your $HITTY A$$...you are a MFing radical, lying, partisan, dumb sack of shat.

The absolute WORST poster on this board. I hate everything you stand for.

GTFOH!!!!

KickButt.gif

Last edited:
Unlike you I can't liars Soggy. I won't apologize for my contempt for them.

That only works if you accept that Bush WAS to blame for the 'bad stuff'.

When did the Right show any inclination to do that?

Starting with the unmitigated disaster of the Iraq war and the needless deaths and injuries to thousands of Americans, and the waste of trillions of dollars.

Is the Right's consensus now to willingly blame Bush, unequivocally, for that?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....so Bush's comments were all part of his strategery. I get it!:cuckoo:

Cali Girl is right, what did you expect Bush to say? That he thinks about Bin Laden every day?

Are we supposed to believe that Obama did? He wasn't doing shit until the intell obtained during the Bush years came to fruition and the military laid a plan out on his desk.

And then, Obama summoned a whole lot of "courage" in OKing the plan. Of course if Bin Laden was out getting coffee or the choppers got shot down Obama wouldn't be the one taken hostage or killed, those soldiers would had been, but hey, that took a lot of "courage" on Obama's part. :cool:

Unlike you I can't liars Soggy. I won't apologize for my contempt for them.

You're one of the most intellectually dishonest posters on this board... you need to let off with all the self-righteous indignation... it's laughable.

That only works if you accept that Bush WAS to blame for the 'bad stuff'.

When did the Right show any inclination to do that?

Starting with the unmitigated disaster of the Iraq war and the needless deaths and injuries to thousands of Americans, and the waste of trillions of dollars.

Is the Right's consensus now to willingly blame Bush, unequivocally, for that?
No...they are not.

The Republicans are the party of SHIRKING your responsibility.

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Yes. This reprehensible attempt to find some way to shit on the president without quite looking like they're actually doing that is very very sad,

and simply once again underlines what a disgraceful lot are the Republicans and the Right.

Forum List

Back