Eric Cantor explains Paul Ryan's position on Medicare

ilia25

I can do math
Jan 12, 2012
CNN asked Eric Cantor:

Attacking Obama's health care reform law, Ryan said its "biggest, coldest power play of all" targeted seniors for $716 billion in cuts. But Ryan's own budget counted on those same savings, which in fact would be squeezed from reimbursement payments to hospitals and insurers. Asked about the inconsistency of Ryan attacking cuts his own plan embraced, Cantor begged off. "The assumption was that, um, the, the, ah, again — I probably can't speak to that in an exact way so I better just not," he said.​

The attacks are a result of Obama attacking Ryan on his medicare plan. Now Obama can't make that attack.

Governor Romney's Convention was able to show much of substance,to all the planet, For example: Clint Eastwood not do well without The Writer's Guild showing up in full force, well in advance. More Germane, Rep. Ryan clearly does not read any of his own stuff. . . . .either.

The Ryan Plan is for upcoming retirees, who will be provided vouchers. On the one hand, traditional MediCare will have the Obama-Biden spending caps. The vouchers will be more a caveat emptor--Let the buyer beware--kind of plan.

Following from the convention display: The idea will be to put an empty chair just off to the left. When granny starts to nod off--Then an sales agent comes in signs granny up for anything that fits the voucher--plus "premium plans."

Mostly, "caps" to the GOP are something more associated with dental work, at any rate!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Many Shoot Arrows Into Air. Many Arrows Land, Many Not Where! Many see Sadaam Hussein on His Back! No one knows how they got into Iraq! Helter-Skelter Cheney-Bush! Helter Skelter Romney-Ryan! See mainly Romney propose all kinds of retalitation as the basic gist of his free-trade plan!)

CNN asked Eric Cantor:

Attacking Obama's health care reform law, Ryan said its "biggest, coldest power play of all" targeted seniors for $716 billion in cuts. But Ryan's own budget counted on those same savings, which in fact would be squeezed from reimbursement payments to hospitals and insurers. Asked about the inconsistency of Ryan attacking cuts his own plan embraced, Cantor begged off. "The assumption was that, um, the, the, ah, again — I probably can't speak to that in an exact way so I better just not," he said.​
529.gif

241.png

"If my husband had been spending an average of $1,000 a month on groceries, but then started using the sale flyers and coupons to buy the same groceries for $800, how would you describe the difference? Did he ‘steal’ $200 from our grocery budget? Or did he ‘save’ $200?"

CNN asked Eric Cantor:

A fine answer. "He's a lying, hypocritical piece of shit" would also have been acceptable.

Cantor is a chronic liar. I can't believe he didn't back up Ryan's Medicare lie.

There's nothing to back up. It's no secret that virtually every Republican in Congress has now voted for the Medicare "cuts" that Ryan both incorporated into his budget and routinely denounces.

Forum List

Back