ER visit

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
Well today I had to make that dreadful, awful visit to the ER. My 8 year old who is under the impression that he is Peyton Manning, was tossing the football in the house, which he has been told NOT to do at least 100 times. Today as he tossed and dove to catch his football, his forehead was introduced to my desk. :bang3: Needless to say he now is the proud owner of 4 new stitches.

As for our ER visit, Doc was great! :clap1: Same one who did his stitches 5 years ago when he was 3, I couldn't believe it! We were in and out of there in an hour!! :mm:

khafley said:
Well today I had to make that dreadful, awful visit to the ER. My 8 year old who is under the impression that he is Peyton Manning, was tossing the football in the house, which he has been told NOT to do at least 100 times. Today as he tossed and dove to catch his football, his forehead was introduced to my desk. :bang3: Needless to say he now is the proud owner of 4 new stitches.

As for our ER visit, Doc was great! :clap1: Same one who did his stitches 5 years ago when he was 3, I couldn't believe it! We were in and out of there in an hour!! :mm:

Um when my middle one was 3, he had to go 3 times in one day. :eek: Needless to say, social services wanted to speak with us. He then proceeded to fly off the examining table and hit his head again. End of questioning. He was uhhh, very hyperactive. Good luck. Hey, he's 21 now, and it's at least 10 years since the last stitches!

I got a spike you can hang him on! Glad to hear he's ok. How are YOU?

My Ma would have put a butterfly on it and sent me to my room to think about it while she got the wooden spoon out for my punishment.

I remember hearing that drawer open, then slam shut.

Well, I am glad the boy is okay and that you actually took him to the hospital. :D

Well mom always said don't play ball in the house!

Then why is it Sir Evil that you insist on starting a ball throwing contest (or anything throwing contest) every time you are in my home with the kids????

Joz said:
I got a spike you can hang him on! Glad to hear he's ok. How are YOU?

I am fine! Thank you! Fortunetly for me and my children, I tend to handle crisis pretty well. However as for throwing the football in the house, that has been :banned:

He has been WARNED, next football I see fly through the air, will be popped with a sharp object!

khafley said:

an HOUR???!!! I spent almost 6 hours in the ER for 8 stitches above my son's eyebrow. the cut was all the way to the bone (i could see it), and it didn't seem to want to entirely stop bleeding. Yet we still had to sit there.

your son plays football with himself too? i thought my youngest brother was the only one who did that. we used to tease him about it.

fuzzykitten99 said:
an HOUR???!!! I spent almost 6 hours in the ER for 8 stitches above my son's eyebrow. the cut was all the way to the bone (i could see it), and it didn't seem to want to entirely stop bleeding. Yet we still had to sit there.

your son plays football with himself too? i thought my youngest brother was the only one who did that. we used to tease him about it.

I live out in a rural area, and went to the ER around 2pm. Thankfully they were not busy. which is why I was out of there in an hour. If I would have taken him to Children's hospital down in Cincinnati, I would have probably been there 4 to 6 hours.

Yes my son play's football with himself, he is the quarterback, wide reciever, and kicker all in one! :laugh:

Hobbit said:
Sounds like this kid is as accident prone as I am. If I hold myself at the right angle, I look like a war veteran.

He is pretty accident prone, thankfully he has only had 2 sets of stitches and broke his 2 front teeth off at football practice.(yes they were permanent) Funny thing is his younger brother is the dare devil, doing stunts and other dangerous things, and the only set of stitches he's ever had was when he was 3 and that was from a hernia surgery! go figure!

Hmmmm....I think I joined this conversation late, and not sure why you are suggesting holding 'em in place with duct tape....you go ahead and play, you silly kids!

Fmr jarhead said:
Hmmmm....I think I joined this conversation late, and not sure why you are suggesting holding 'em in place with duct tape....you go ahead and play, you silly kids!
Oh...just to see what happens. I'm old..gotta have some fun ya know.:dev3:

Kinda like putting sctch tape on a cat's paws (very lightly....) It makes 'em buck like a pro rodeo bull! Or if'n ya put it on their back, it makes 'em slink along the floor real low like a GI Joe low crawler!

Try it and report back! (but do not use my name....I will deny any reference to this suggestion!)

BTW....I am glad to hear that your boy is OK!

Forum List

Back