Equality?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by PaulS1950, Jan 3, 2013.

1. PaulS1950

PaulS1950 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Equality in human terms is not equal pay but rather an opportunity that is available to each individual to achieve any level of success that they are willing to work for.
    Some find success in having enough money to have the necessities and a bit left over while others see success in building a business that helps those who don't want to run a business of their own to reach the level of success that they aspire to.
    There are very few people who are willing to put in the 16 - 18 hour days for years on end that it takes to make a business successful. Fewer still who will risk everything they own to try to make their own way into a successful career as a buisinessperson. Most would rather go to work for someone else who provides all the work, the building and pays all the costs associated with a business including the wages of the individuals who are working for them.
    You are free, in these United States, to leave your place of employment to start your own business but few do so because they would rather settle for the wages paid every month by the man who did just that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Rebekah

Rebekah Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I wouldn't really say that people "settle" for wages by working for someone else or for an established company, actually, I think it's very normal and natural to fear risking everything you have in the bank or invested in your belongings in order to build your own business from scratch, especially when the vast majority of new businesses fail. I fully agree that most people don't want to work 16-18 hour days for years in order to build a business, but I do think that a lot of those people don't want that type of commitment because of family, school, social life, and so on.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. 9thIDdoc

9thIDdoc Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663
    It has always seemed to me that most successful businessmen have found a way to become wealthy from someone else's hard work.

4. 9thIDdoc

9thIDdoc Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663
    [​IMG]

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Equality and freedom are mutually exclusive terms.

6. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,826
    2+2=4

7. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    You say that like it's a bad thing, typical leftwing liberal crap, bashing success. They took a chance. They risked their investment, their time, their own hard work. They give someone else a job, what's so bad about that? Those people got paid, did they not? They have the choice to quit and go into business for themselves, no? Who's fault is it if they don't have the ambition, the drive to succeed, the guts to try? How many employees put in the time and effort that the boss does? You tell me, what kind of country would this be if millions of businessmen didn't try to get wealthy from someone else's hard work.

8. Wiseacre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

We have an all volunteer Army, nobody got forced into military service. For sure that guy is way underpaid, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with what a CEO makes.

9. Wiseacre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

Really? How so? There's no reason why equality and freedom can't go hand in hand, with the proper governance.

10. 9thIDdoc

9thIDdoc Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663
    I hope your business decisions are better than your assumptions.

We have an all volunteer Army, nobody got forced into military service. For sure that guy is way underpaid, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with what a CEO makes.

Yeah? You mean that draft notice they sent me was just a joke?