Episcopal Bishops Regret Gay-Bishop Angst

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Interesting. I wonder if anyone ever really thought this move out before it happened. Now that people are leaving liberal Episcopal churches for the more mainline/conservative American Anglican Council, it looks like the liberal Episcopals are working on damage control.

-----------------
Episcopal Bishops Regret Gay-Bishop Angst
By RACHEL ZOLL
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Episcopal bishops expressed "sincere regret" Thursday for consecrating the denomination's first openly gay bishop without full consideration for overseas Anglicans who objected, and said they prayed for forgiveness so they could maintain ties with sister churches around the world.

However, American church leaders took no action on requests from Anglican leaders for a moratorium on consecrating gay bishops in same-sex relationships and on authorizing official prayer services for same-gender couples. The bishops said they did not want to "act in haste."

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2005/jan/13/011301163.html

musicman said:
"Acting in haste" might not be a bad move. Jesus will come like a thief in the night.

ROFL...ya might want to find yourself a different simile! :)

no1tovote4 said:
The simile is directly from the Bible, why would he want to find a different one?
I'd never heard it before. But the image of Jesus sculking through someone's neighborhood in a ski-mask almost made me fall out of my chair. :teeth:

MissileMan said:
I'd never heard it before. But the image of Jesus sculking through someone's neighborhood in a ski-mask almost made me fall out of my chair. :teeth:

I have always wondered why the Bible used such terminology but heck I wasn't the one who wrote it. I can see why that would do that to you.

:D

MissileMan said:

Sorry, MM. Didn't mean to create the mental image of the Savior making off with someone's TV!
:)

Although, now that I think about it, that "changing water into wine" thing could really come in handy - for pacifying guard dogs!

Ruh-roh. I seem to be running out of house! I sure hope He has a sense of humor.

What am I talking about - He made US, didn't He? :teeth:

Forum List

Back