EPA Workers Question Gag order From White House On Cap and Trade

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
It seems that the White House doesn't want any monkey wrenches thrown in the spokes of this Cap and Trade agenda that Obama wants to run down our throats.

“Washington, DC — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has ordered two of its attorneys to remove a video they posted on YouTube about problems with climate change legislation backed by the Obama administration or face ‘disciplinary action’, according to documents released today by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER). The couple had received clearance for posting the video but EPA took issue with its content following publication of an op-ed piece by the two in The Washington Post on October 31.

The video, entitled ‘The Huge Mistake’, is by Laurie Williams and Allan Zabel, two EPA enforcement attorneys speaking as private citizens. The video explains why the cap & trade plan endorsed by President Obama will not accomplish its goals, let alone effectively curb climate change. On November 5, 2009, EPA ethics officials ordered the two veteran employees to –

‘Remove your climate change video from You Tube by the close of business on Friday, November 6, 2009’;
‘Edit your You Tube video…by:
(i) Removing the language starting at 1:06 min – ‘Our opinions are based on more than 20 years each working as attorneys at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the San Francisco Regional Office.’
(ii) Removing the images of EPA’s building starting at 1:06 min…
(v) Remove [sic] the language starting at 6:30 min – ‘In my work at EPA, I’ve been overseeing California’s cap-and-trade and offset programs for more than 20 years.’’
‘All future requests for approval of an outside writing activity must be accompanied by a draft of the document that is the subject of the approval request…”
CONTINUE READING…..

From where I sit, global warming is a farce and about certain factions making billions of dollars. If it were not a fraud, then the government would not feel the need to silence Laurie Williams and Allan Zabel.

Think about it.
Epa Workers Question White House Gag Order On Cap & Trade Opinions « PUMABydesign001's Blog

At this point i would say something to back up my ideals....but this says it all for me.

I came across this story as well.

Utter statist BS by leftist politicians and the increasingly centralized government agenda that is attemtping to stomp out ANY and ALL opposition to their goal of Cap and Tax.

Bless those two for having the courage to speak out.

Cool, it looks like there is no restriciton on talk shows. Paid appearances and a book deal will be worth far more than their jobs.

This is just another in a long line of stories coming out of the crackdown on free speech at the EPA. I'll see if I can find some of them to link here. I guess it gets more play here since it's a local story in DC, but EPA has been really whipping the employees to keep them from talking out of school about Cap and Tax and the other flat-Earth initiatives coming out of the administration.

15 years ago, the first Executive Order on Environmental Justice was signed by President Clinton. Since that time, EPA and its partners have made progress on identifying and addressing the health and environmental burdens faced by communities disproportionately impacted by pollution. We should be proud of the work we’ve done to expand the reach of environmentalism and give those communities a voice in critical decisions that impact their lives. But a great deal of work remains ahead of us, and as EPA Administrator I am more committed than ever to environmental justice.

Administrator's Blog

What is Environmental Justice? -- from wiki
Environmental justice proponents generally view the environment as encompassing "where we live, work, and play" (sometimes "pray" and "learn" are also included) and seek to redress inequitable distributions of environmental burdens (pollution, industrial facilities, crime, etc.) and equitably distribute access to environmental goods such as nutritious food, clean air & water, parks, recreation, health care, education, transportation, safe jobs, etc. Self-determination and participation in decision-making are key components of environmental justice. According to a compilation of thoughts by several notable EJ organizations, root causes of environmental injustices include "institutionalized racism; the commodification of land, water, energy and air; unresponsive, unaccountable government policies and regulation; and lack of resources and power in affected communities"

But what does that really mean?

Environmental justice advocates make the argument that minority populations often undertake environmentally hazardous activities because they have few economic alternatives and are/or not fully aware of the risks involved. A combination of this lack of awareness coupled with their relative lack of political and economic power makes poor minority communities a frequent target for environmentally hazardous activities.[

And now this is a PRIORITY of the EPA. Creating equity.

No wonder they want to shut the employees up.

I've heard that this Cap and Trade BS won't accomplish anything also. Not when China and Inda are polluting up a storm and have no intention of ruining their economies. Too bad our elected officials have no qualms about ruining ours.

I know one thing it will do. Empty your wallet big time.

Wee!!! Compact bulbs everywhere with mercury in them. Hello EPA? Please reference mercury in your toxic metals files.

I've heard that this Cap and Trade BS won't accomplish anything also. Not when China and Inda are polluting up a storm and have no intention of ruining their economies. Too bad our elected officials have no qualms about ruining ours.

And they actually want the US taxpayers to pay other countries not to pollute so much.

This kind of insanity would be funny if it was not so damn serious.

We actually have elected officials nodding and smiling to each other like such madness is a good idea...

I see the blogs that people are making concerning this outrage. An obvious Marxist president and his merry band of "Marxist Czars', henchmen, government control of the media through 'suggestion, intimidation and outright demands. No different than any other dictatorship, say like Venezuela. Have we ceased being a "FREE NATION"?

Now, where are the marches, in protest of this "America of Change" ? A nation of people that only "THINK" they are free. What a difference a few months can make.

I see the blogs that people are making concerning this outrage. An obvious Marxist president and his merry band of "Marxist Czars', henchmen, government control of the media through 'suggestion, intimidation and outright demands. No different than any other dictatorship, say like Venezuela. Have we ceased being a "FREE NATION"?

Now, where are the marches, in protest of this "America of Change" ? A nation of people that only "THINK" they are free. What a difference a few months can make.

Have you missed all the tea parties? Did you miss two weeks ago when 40,000 people came to the Capitol before the health care vote to try to stop it. Did you miss the 60,000 people that marched on Washington in September to try to stop this?

Where were you?

Have you missed all the tea parties? Did you miss two weeks ago when 40,000 people came to the Capitol before the health care vote to try to stop it. Did you miss the 60,000 people that marched on Washington in September to try to stop this?

Where were you?

Let's not forget the elections in Virginia, and New Jersey.

And they actually want the US taxpayers to pay other countries not to pollute so much.

This kind of insanity would be funny if it was not so damn serious.

We actually have elected officials nodding and smiling to each other like such madness is a good idea...
Reminds me of the boat scene in Cuckoo's Nest...everybody's pretending to be a doctor, but they're all from the nut house.

Where were you?

No, as a matter of fact I didn't miss the tea parties, or the elections, one of which in my own state of New Jersey. I should have been more specific and said continued marches and protest,unrelenting day after day, for those that are able to do so, of course.

And where was I, probably at the hospital, using my health care insurance that we pay through the nose for, and dealing with cancer and other issues since the year 2000. I am not always in the condition to make long trips or march. I do, however, write and call my representatives and join in debates such as this, and learn things that I may not have been aware of that others share in blogs such as this. I am not aware of everything that is going on in government anymore than anyone else is I am sure. Having a place to share thoughts and express ideas is great, and to be enlightened concerning various issues is even better.

Where were you?

No, as a matter of fact I didn't miss the tea parties, or the elections, one of which in my own state of New Jersey. I should have been more specific and said continued marches and protest,unrelenting day after day, for those that are able to do so, of course.

And where was I, probably at the hospital, using my health care insurance that we pay through the nose for, and dealing with cancer and other issues since the year 2000. I am not always in the condition to make long trips or march. I do, however, write and call my representatives and join in debates such as this, and learn things that I may not have been aware of that others share in blogs such as this. I am not aware of everything that is going on in government anymore than anyone else is I am sure. Having a place to share thoughts and express ideas is great, and to be enlightened concerning various issues is even better.

I'm glad you found this messageboard, Gatekeeper. It is a good place for ideas and opinions. Sounds like your right up to date with the state of our government.

New Topics

Forum List

Back