EPA up for the ax???

State depts of EP will be the watch dog of industry to minimize their enviromental impact on the planet.

There are states that will and there are states that won't.

All states have a DEP but the fedeal EPA takes almost all their authority away. If we give it back to them then they will do their jobs as the people of the state see fit.
I live on a body of water that borders two states. What happens when the folks across the lake have looser standards and they pollute my water supply?

What happens when no one in that state gives a shit about sulfur dioxide emissions because the prevailing winds carry them away from their people?

All states have a DEP but the fedeal EPA takes almost all their authority away. If we give it back to them then they will do their jobs as the people of the state see fit.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't do it. In your scenario, Kansas could decide to fuck the environment and pollute all they want. Those pollutants could land in Nebraska instead of Kansas and then what? States sue each other? How do you enforce Kansas not polluting on Nebraska? Or do you think that would be fine?

There needs to be a national policy and a national enforcement of it.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't do it. In your scenario, Kansas could decide to fuck the environment and pollute all they want. Those pollutants could land in Nebraska instead of Kansas and then what? States sue each other? How do you enforce Kansas not polluting on Nebraska? Or do you think that would be fine?

Well we finally have found a use for the supreme court. If two states are in dispute then let them litigate there.

Congresswoman Michele 'Hitman' Bachmann desires to see industry grow in the USA(so does everyone else!). On top of making the USA a low tax nation for industries to set up business in, the 'Hitman' wants to 'squelch' the EPA to make it easier for business to relocate in country. The EPA, never popular with the rank & file tax paying constituency in the 1st place would be an easy target in an era of tight budgets & high unemployment. I mean who cares about wetland zoning when one is living in the back seat of their vehicle???
My question is, considering the dismal financial situation in country... is the EPA an easy target to start with in eliminating the 'fat' in federal government? It's come down to managing wetlands or keeping a roof over ones head & food on the table. What's your opinion on this one???
No, I don't think so. Even the radical Right that seeks to turn the country into a collision of independent states sees the need for pollution control. The accomplishments of the EPA are huge, from saving the Bald Eagle and thousand of endanger species, to reducing air and water pollution in our major cities. No, I don't think America wants to return to the choking pollution and burning rivers of the past. Pollution control has become big business in the US with revenues in billions.

Well we finally have found a use for the supreme court. If two states are in dispute then let them litigate there.

This is the kind of thinking that gets us ambulances at the bottoms of cliffs. How about we prevent the pollution in the first place so there's no need to litigate?

Nothing that humans have done in our history has ever hurt the earth, it has been proven that millions of years ago the carbon in the air was 30% higher then it is now, earth heals itself. Did you know that you are made of carbon? everything is carbon based, and if the progressives have their way you will be paying for carbon that already existed millions of years before man did, now doesn't that sound stupid?

I would amuse them by telling them that there is nothing wrong with the air, and I would even give them scientific fact to back it up with.

So all that acid rain in the northeast didn't happen? The Northern Forests were collapsing naturally?

Are you still running your fucking mouth for no reason? Quit wasting everyone's time.

I would amuse them by telling them that there is nothing wrong with the air, and I would even give them scientific fact to back it up with.

So all that acid rain in the northeast didn't happen? The Northern Forests were collapsing naturally?

Are you still running your fucking mouth for no reason? Quit wasting everyone's time.

Yet another fine example of Rabbi employing ration and reason to present an argument in debate. Very nice effort.

Now go upstairs and ask your mom for some soap.

Congresswoman Michele 'Hitman' Bachmann desires to see industry grow in the USA(so does everyone else!). On top of making the USA a low tax nation for industries to set up business in, the 'Hitman' wants to 'squelch' the EPA to make it easier for business to relocate in country. The EPA, never popular with the rank & file tax paying constituency in the 1st place would be an easy target in an era of tight budgets & high unemployment. I mean who cares about wetland zoning when one is living in the back seat of their vehicle???
My question is, considering the dismal financial situation in country... is the EPA an easy target to start with in eliminating the 'fat' in federal government? It's come down to managing wetlands or keeping a roof over ones head & food on the table. What's your opinion on this one???
No, I don't think so. Even the radical Right that seeks to turn the country into a collision of independent states sees the need for pollution control. The accomplishments of the EPA are huge, from saving the Bald Eagle and thousand of endanger species, to reducing air and water pollution in our major cities. No, I don't think America wants to return to the choking pollution and burning rivers of the past. Pollution control has become big business in the US with revenues in billions.

So if it's big business and people have a financial incentive to continue doing it, why do you think we will suddenly revert to pre-1969 standards?
Huh? Huh?

This may be Michele Bachmann's vision of American but I doubt many Americans share that vision.

history_photo2_400x320.jpg

air_pollution_china.jpg

State depts of EP will be the watch dog of industry to minimize their enviromental impact on the planet.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Most states are laying off people due to the economy and now we're suggesting that they take over environmental protection?:eusa_whistle:

I would start with:

1) Department of Education
Education is a states issue, not a federal one.
2) EPA
Also should be left to the states, not big brother.
3) Department of Energy
Signed into law by Carter to ween us off of foreign oil back in the 70's when we imported roughly 30% of our oil from the middle east, today we import around 70%, it's a failing department that needs to go also.
4) Department of Agriculture
Really?...we really need this department, I mean, I work for the Gubment and my check is issued to me by the department of agriculture. I work for the DOJ what the fuck is the DOA issuing my check for? Dont they have farm shit to deal with? It needs to go.

There is alot of shit that can be cut, but you'll never see a politician on either side cut shit, because they are all in on this thing together. Vote Tea Party if you want real change and your freedoms back.

I wouldn't object to getting rid of the Department of Education. I would be find leaving education to the states completely. The Department of Agriculture could be downsized, possibly even be eliminated. Any really important functions could be transferred to another department or agency.

As for the Department of Energy, I still think it serves a useful purpose and could serve an even more useful purpose as we move toward different sources of energy. Last of all, the EPA needs to stay, plain and simple. We don't need to take a step backwards when it comes to the environment.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Most states are laying off people due to the economy and now we're suggesting that they take over environmental protection?:eusa_whistle:

Get rid of the EPA and a lot of those jobs will come back. The EPA is an unconstituional agency that somehow got the power to make law and circumvent the congress and the power of the states. If they have done anything positive then it is off set by the fact they should not exist.

Yeah, screw the air we breathe and the water we drink in the long run as long as we create some coal mining jobs in the short term, right?
Nothing that humans have done in our history has ever hurt the earth, it has been proven that millions of years ago the carbon in the air was 30% higher then it is now, earth heals itself. Did you know that you are made of carbon? everything is carbon based, and if the progressives have their way you will be paying for carbon that already existed millions of years before man did, now doesn't that sound stupid?
Just think how you can amuse the kids (as they are struggling to breathe due to the pollution in the air) by lighting the water in the sink on fire. YAY!

Yes, the Earth does have a profound resiliency. Many times it has cleaned itself up by providing mass extinctions so it could fix whatever may have gone wrong. I would prefer that we are not the ones to provoke another mass extinction due to our arrogance.

And if people are getting sick and dying in the mean time, then what? Oh well! Culture of Life out the window!

People are getting sick and hungry now with the EPA using its power to shut down entire industries. You act like the states can not be trusted to regulate their own enviroment when they have a stake in clean air and water also. I dont advocate the end of enviromental regulations and they must be strictly enforced but that is a power for the state not EPA; which by the way is answerable to no one because they are not elected.

And if people are getting sick and dying in the mean time, then what? Oh well! Culture of Life out the window!

People are getting sick and hungry now with the EPA using its power to shut down entire industries. You act like the states can not be trusted to regulate their own enviroment when they have a stake in clean air and water also. I dont advocate the end of enviromental regulations and they must be strictly enforced but that is a power for the state not EPA; which by the way is answerable to no one because they are not elected.

left to individual states, acid rain from sulfur dioxide emissions would never be mitigated - the states producing the pollution weren't the ones suffering the consequences, so why should they stop?

1) Name an industry that has been shutdown by the EPA which has now resulted in people getting sick and hungry.
2) "You act like the states can not be trusted to regulate their own enviroment" -Any state could regulate their own environment. That's not in question. The problem comes in with them having such low standards that their lack of regulation affects other neighboring states. Perhaps you don't understand how weather and climate work, but there's this thing called "wind" and it can carry "pollutants" a long way that then get deposited in a neighboring state via "rain".

Again, are you honestly suggesting that Kansas should be allowed to pollute Nebraska, and if Nebraska has a problem with it their only remedy is suing and going to the Supreme Court?

Forum List

Back