EPA Official: "Crucify" Oil and Gas Companies

This is FUBB...

Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) took to the Senate floor today to draw attention to a video of a top EPA official saying the EPA’s “philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies - just as the Romans crucified random citizens in areas they conquered to ensure obedience.

Inhofe quoted a little-watched video from 2010 of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) official, Region VI Administrator Al Armendariz, admitting that EPA’s “general philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies.

“It’s a deterrent factor,” Armendariz said, explaining that the EPA is following the Romans’ philosophy for subjugating conquered villages.

EPA Official's 'Philosophy' On Oil Companies: 'Crucify Them' - Just As Romans Crucified Conquered Citizens | CNSNews.com

The Obamachine marches on...

People aren't crucifying gas companies. Why do Republicans lie so much?

Big oil are the culprits, they cheat, steal and generally mess up the environment. Corrupt from beginning to end.

See any contradiction between your first and second line?

There actually is medical help available for schizophrenia.

I just turned on the tv and they just said crude oil is again over $104 a barrell now that driving season has started again.

Crooks.

This is FUBB...

Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) took to the Senate floor today to draw attention to a video of a top EPA official saying the EPA’s “philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies - just as the Romans crucified random citizens in areas they conquered to ensure obedience.

Inhofe quoted a little-watched video from 2010 of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) official, Region VI Administrator Al Armendariz, admitting that EPA’s “general philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies.

“It’s a deterrent factor,” Armendariz said, explaining that the EPA is following the Romans’ philosophy for subjugating conquered villages.

EPA Official's 'Philosophy' On Oil Companies: 'Crucify Them' - Just As Romans Crucified Conquered Citizens | CNSNews.com

The Obamachine marches on...

A top official at the Environmental Protection Agency has apologized after being captured on video saying his agency’s method of enforcing oil and gas regulations was to find a few bad actors to “crucify” and hold up as examples.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze3GB_b7Nuo]EPA Official: EPAs "philosophy" is to "crucify" and "make examples" of US energy producers - YouTube[/ame]

So crucifying oil and gas companies is the talking point this week?

So crucifying oil and gas companies is the talking point this week?

:eusa_hand:

It will need to last longer than a week to make solar and wind energy look like reasonable alternatives.

Of course there's always nuclear.......

opps......no, EPA and DOE already threw it under the bus.....

I just turned on the tv and they just said crude oil is again over $104 a barrell now that driving season has started again.

Crooks.

Buy a horse.......they are "green"....

$104/bbl = $2.48/gallon oil

Let's say you can produce half a gallon of gas from a gallon of oil (not an unreasonable assumption for many grades of crude).

$5.00/gallon gas = the material cost of gasoiline

If gasoline selling price is $5.00/gallon, then profit = 0.

If you want to blame someone for creating the false econmomy for oil supply in the USA, then find someone who has created barriers to oil production and transportation in North America.

Big oil are the culprits, they cheat, steal and generally mess up the environment. Corrupt from beginning to end.

Ms. G, "Big Oil" is practically non-existent in the U.S. these days. It is "Little Oil" that's responsible for over 90% of O&G activity in this country. And no other industry spends more on environmental protection and compliance than these people.

In my lifetime, I've seen $2 oil and $140 oil. This buisiness has perpetually languished at the bottom rung of public opinion. And from your comments, it's obvious that opinion has never changed and it never will.

Last edited:

Ms. G, "Big Oil" is practically non-existent in the U.S. these days. It is "Little Oil" that's responsible for over 90% of O&G activity in this country. And no other industry spends more on environmental protection and compliance than these people.

In my lifetime, I've seen $2 oil and $140 oil. This buisiness has perpetually languished at the bottom rung of public opinion. And from your comments, it's obvious that opinion has never changed and it never will.

Nonetheless, companies that are in the business of producing oil, gas, and coal are somehow being linked to being favored by the Republican Party....not really sure how this was ever established: The Fortunes of Global Oil companies have been independent of whichever party has held power in the USA, and much of the nation's defense (US Strategic OIL RESERVE) depends, naturally, on the production of oil.

Perhaps all the Sarahs would be happier if a Democrat CINC eliminated all mechanized units in favor of horse-drawn wagons and calvary, but I have yet to see that proposed as the part platform at any Democratic Party National Convention.

Who I'd really love to crucify are those asshole coal companies blowing up my beloved Appalachian mountains for no reason other than GREED. If you want a picture of "evil" corporations? There you go... and Monsanto. Can't leave out the satan of evil corporations.

Who I'd really love to crucify are those asshole coal companies blowing up my beloved Appalachian mountains for no reason other than GREED. If you want a picture of "evil" corporations? There you go... and Monsanto. Can't leave out the satan of evil corporations.

You would not be one of those evil fuckers who eat & use electricity would you?

You don't need to destroy whole mountains and communities downstream to create electricity, moron. Bush allowed this monstrosity to be allowed and I will never forgive his administration for that. They are doing this purely out of GREED. Makes me sick.

You don't need to destroy whole mountains and communities downstream to create electricity, moron. Bush allowed this monstrosity to be allowed and I will never forgive his administration for that. They are doing this purely out of GREED. Makes me sick.

:link: :link: :link: :link:

Conservation, deprivation and ineffectually expensive alternative energies ........................moving America forward.....lol

Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown in California, has declared war on housing. He seeks to end the building of single family homes, and replace them with high-density, urban, modular housing. This will keep peasants close to their assigned place of labor, negating the need for commuting. Brown claims the dwellings can be outfitted with solar panels, doing away with the need for petroleum and natural gas use.

4705864223_c7048c9d23_d.jpg

It isn't that the left has an unreachable goal; it's just that the goal of the left is unthinkable to free people.

Ha ha! The little shit resigned...

EPA official resigns after

Al Armendariz, the Environmental Protection Agency official at the center of a budding scandal surrounding a 2010 video in which he said the EPA should "crucify" polluters, has resigned.

Armendariz, head of the EPA's South and Southwest region in Dallas, sent a letter to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson late Sunday informing her of his decision to step down.

"What Can Be Done to End Mountaintop Removal Mining?

Changes in the Clean Water Act by the George W. Bush Administration in 2002 provided the loophole needed to allow coal companies to dump mining waste into our nation’s waterways, paving the way for mountaintop removal mining to flourish. The Clean Water Protection Act in the House of Representatives and the Appalachia Restoration Act in the Senate— would provide a long-term legislative fix that would be difficult for any presidential administration to change."

Mountaintop Removal 101 « Appalachian Voices

Ha ha! The little shit resigned...

Al Armendariz, the Environmental Protection Agency official at the center of a budding scandal surrounding a 2010 video in which he said the EPA should "crucify" polluters, has resigned.

Armendariz, head of the EPA's South and Southwest region in Dallas, sent a letter to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson late Sunday informing her of his decision to step down.

Not to worry, this administration will find another one just like him..they have a AGENDA against us citizens and they aren't going to go down easily...Just remember Obama's own words

What you and the rest of the eco-wackos are calling "mountains" are really just big hills. West Virginia is almost entirely mountains so you can't do surface coal mining without doing "mountaintop coal mining." This terms is just another one of those creations of libturd propaganda that makes something perfectly ordinary sound sinister and evil. the campaign against "mountaintop coal mining" is really a campaign to end coal mining all together, at least in West Virginia.

Last edited:
"What Can Be Done to End Mountaintop Removal Mining?

Changes in the Clean Water Act by the George W. Bush Administration in 2002 provided the loophole needed to allow coal companies to dump mining waste into our nation’s waterways, paving the way for mountaintop removal mining to flourish. The Clean Water Protection Act in the House of Representatives and the Appalachia Restoration Act in the Senate— would provide a long-term legislative fix that would be difficult for any presidential administration to change."

Mountaintop Removal 101 « Appalachian Voices

I'll be sure to call my Congressman and two senators to tell them to vote against both bills. Thanks for alerting me to their existence.

What you and the rest of the eco-wackos are calling "mountains" are really just big hills. West Virginia is almost entirely mountains so you can't do surface coal mining without doing "mountaintop coal mining." This terms is just another one of those creations of libturd propaganda that makes something perfectly ordinary sound sinister and evil. the campaign against "mountaintop coal mining" is really a campaign to end coal mining all together, at least in West Virginia.

If coal mining is allowed in West Virginia, Americans will work, and not for government.

Obama is dedicated to stopping that.

But "before SMU prof Al Armendariz had even warmed the seat at his post as EPA regional chief," Brantley Hargrove wrote in the Dallas Observer, "he was pilloried as an activist whose research into the air pollution caused by fracking operations made him unfit to run a five-state office overseeing some of the industry's most important drilling grounds."

Forum List

Back