EPA kills more jobs and prosperity in Appalachia

I would love for a mining company executive to knock on my folks' door in southern appalachia. He would make a great gelding, I think.
Oh, look: Some of that violent, hateful rhetoric the left says doesn't exist.
Yeah....it almost sounds like preemptive-striking, huh????

:eusa_whistle:

rummfinger.jpg

Well we can't mine anymore,we can't drill for oil anymore,we can't build refineries anymore,we can't or won't build nuclear power plants.

You can mine and drill with environmental integrity, but it might cut into the CEO's profits a little bit. God Americans are so stupid...

Well we can't mine anymore,we can't drill for oil anymore,we can't build refineries anymore,we can't or won't build nuclear power plants.

You can mine and drill with environmental integrity, but it might cut into the CEO's profits a little bit. God Americans are so stupid...

Yeah..........but class warfare America haters are miserable.............always miserable. They'll only be happy when the government takes over everything and capitalism no longer exists.

The real issue is though............that they are simply hyper miserable of others success. Most are personal fcukk up's in life who loath the success of others. It is the common theme in each and every far lefty asshole. So.........of course they are going to embrace every single government reglulatory agency that comes along. For these people, its but a step in the right direction. They dont care WHO gets fcukked as long as the capitalist gets fcukked. Thats why these assholes are so fcukking dangerous to our way of life.

Can they all just move to California and HAPPY NOW.

Last edited:
How many of you applauding this decision will be bitching because the utility company raised your electric rates?

Can you imagine if the right invested in scientific solutions instead of wanting to dig up and burn our country's future?

Of course, they would have to "invest in education". As if that's going to happen.
No doubt!

There're no $HORT-TERM PROFIT$, THERE!!!! :eusa_snooty:

We need to be drilling our asses off.............yesterday.

In the coming weeks............the calls will not be for this assinine green economy crap. As gas prices rise, so will the call for drilling. Write it down. People wont be standing in line at the deli counter saying, "Shit........we better start installing those solar panels!!!":up::fu::lmao::funnyface::boobies::fu::lmao::funnyface::boobies::fu:

Whatever, skook, it does no good to argue with your stupidity. Are you really saying that, indeed, higher corporate profits are more important than a community of Americans?

All I can say is go to New Zealand and look how clean their environment is, then come back to America and compare.
New Zealand has very strict environmental laws and after comparing the two environments it's very visible that New Zealand's environmental laws are tougher.

The EPA isn't always totally wrong and it isn't always totally right. But if they say the water will get screwed up in this case, it's better to err on the side of caution.
I think Revere expected more anti-EPA sentiment than he got in this thread.

The EPA isn't always totally wrong and it isn't always totally right. But if they say the water will get screwed up in this case, it's better to err on the side of caution.

I have no expectations.

Most of the manufacturing which disappeared in this country did so because the EPA erred "on the side of caution."

I have no expectations.

Most of the manufacturing which disappeared in this country did so because the EPA erred "on the side of caution."

Is that conjecture or facts? Link/links please.

It's a fact. You're compelled to use CFLs, but they are too noxious to be made here, for example.

The raw materials for catalytic converters, and hybrid battery manufacture, for others.

I have no expectations.

Again links that "]Most of the manufacturing[/B] which disappeared in this country did so because the EPA erred "on the side of caution.", with data that proves that point. So the reward of low wages offshore isn't the main factor of manufacturing leaving the US or the cheaper competition driving them into extinction?
All I see is conjecture.

mountain top removal is exactly what it says it is....removing the top of the mountain..destroying it....

I'm looking for pics online, haven't found any yet. But even before mountaintop mining there were towns in PA's anthracite region where business and population moved out due to pollution and other issues from the strip mining.

There's one entire town I can think of where you can buy a very nice 3-bedroom home with a level yard in good condition for about $40k. I did the work on a few in recent years. Why? The town is almost entirely surrounded by slag heaps with road cuts through them. For the vast majority of the people left there it's a haul through the mountains to go to work at a decent wage after the mines were automated and the jobs dried up, but no businesses wanted to move in there. Who can blame them?

Then there's the town that disappeared off the map when a mine fire went unchecked:

Centralia PA Mine Fire - Coal Burning underground, Homes destroyed

Now let's take the tops off entire mountains and see how much it benefits the local economy. :thup:

Last edited:
1962, huh?

Are you really that stupid, or do you just play a tool on the internet?

The point is, the people who actually live there are very familiar with the consequences of a history of mining and understand there are issues just as important if not more so than 250 mostly low-paying jobs when you're balancing whether something like this is a "benefit". Like the possible side effects of those jobs killing off the rest of their economy. You haven't lived it, what do you know?

Forum List

Back