EPA holds 12-hour hearings with environmentalists to slow coal production

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The Environmental Protection Agency held 12 hours of stacked hearings in Washington, D.C. and Chicago on Thursday in favor of a regulation that analysts have concluded would kill the building of new conventional coal plants in the U.S.

Among the participants scheduled to testify in consecutive five minute blocks throughout the day were multiple representatives from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and environmental activists from the Sierra Club, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Natural Resources Defense Council and Greenpeace.

The proposed rule, reported by The Washington Post in March, limits the amount of greenhouse gases emitted by power plants to no more than 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide per megawatt hour. While the EPA is keeping public comments on the regulation open until June 25, the dice have already been cast by the Obama administration against conventional coal plants, fulfilling a January 2008 campaign promise by the president.

Read more: EPA holds 12-hour hearings with environmentalists to slow coal production | The Daily Caller

Actually, what the EPA is trying to accomplish is what's being accomplished in China! As a matter of fact, Duke Energy is studying the Chinese methodology of "capturing carbon dioxide" which is about a third of the cost of the methods used in the US.
China realizes the consequences of not protecting their environment from coal's carbon dioxide emissions. Thusly they are more advanced with their technology to resolved the issue.
Real this article from Bloomberg: China Shows U.S. How to Push for Carbon Capture - Bloomberg

The Environmental Protection Agency held 12 hours of stacked hearings in Washington, D.C. and Chicago on Thursday in favor of a regulation that analysts have concluded would kill the building of new conventional coal plants in the U.S.

Among the participants scheduled to testify in consecutive five minute blocks throughout the day were multiple representatives from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and environmental activists from the Sierra Club, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Natural Resources Defense Council and Greenpeace.

The proposed rule, reported by The Washington Post in March, limits the amount of greenhouse gases emitted by power plants to no more than 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide per megawatt hour. While the EPA is keeping public comments on the regulation open until June 25, the dice have already been cast by the Obama administration against conventional coal plants, fulfilling a January 2008 campaign promise by the president.

Read more: EPA holds 12-hour hearings with environmentalists to slow coal production | The Daily Caller

Conventional coal?

I thought we had "clean coal" now.

That's what the coal industry would have us believe.

Conventional coal?

Must destroy Coal Industry... Must destroy Coal Industry...
images

Conventional coal?

You really don't know jack about the issue, do you?

There is no coal technology that doesn't produce CO2. That's what the warmist cult members mean when they refer to "clean coal." However, conventional coal fired power plants are quite clean in terms of the real pollution they emit.

Conventional coal?

You really don't know jack about the issue, do you?

There is no coal technology that doesn't produce CO2. That's what the warmist cult members mean when they refer to "clean coal." However, conventional coal fired power plants are quite clean in terms of the real pollution they emit.

And quite necessary in terms of the Electricity they produce.

Let's abolish the EPA.

We should. They are no longer about clean water and air. They are radical liberals with an agenda. Their top priority right now is making cap and trade a reality. They answer to no one except Obama. We should not allow individuals to have so much power.

Conventional coal?

Must destroy Coal Industry... Must destroy Coal Industry...
images

What does the anti-environmental right assume everyone is as irrational and stupid as they are?

There is no coal technology that doesn't produce CO2.
Whoever claimed that there was? Why do you insist on arguing against straw men?

That's what the warmist cult members mean when they refer to "clean coal."
So the fuck what? I'm not a warmist cult member, whatever that is.The only cult I'm in is tthe cult of Tiger Nation. If you, like many skeptics, insist on babbling like a moron about cults and Al Gore then I'm afraid you will need to find someone else to respond to your posts.

However, conventional coal fired power plants are quite clean in terms of the real pollution they emit.

Compared to what? Can you name one form of energy production in common use that produces more pollutants than coal?

Last edited:

That's what "clean coal" means, dipstick. I didn't invent the term.

So the fuck what? I'm not a warmist cult member, whatever that is.The only cult I'm in is tthe cult of Tiger Nation. If you, like many skeptics, insist on babbling like a moron about cults and Al Gore then I'm afraid you will need to find someone else to respond to your posts.

Every member of the warmist cult denies being a member.

However, conventional coal fired power plants are quite clean in terms of the real pollution they emit.

Compared to what? Can you name one form of energy production in common use that produces more pollutants than coal?

So if we eliminated coal, then natural gas would be the most polluting means of generating electricity. Are you and the rest of the warmist turds then going to launch a jihad against using natural gas?

Does coal produce some pollution? Undoubtedly, but so does your car. When you stop going to the gas station, then perhaps people might stop thinking you're a scathing hypocrite.

The EPA intends to shut down the power companies and the mines. I hope they do it this summer. Ohio is a coal producing state. obama thinks if he crashes the economy and puts people in the dark with skyroceting energy costs they will vote for him.

PULEAZE shut down the plants and close those mines.

This is no surprise. Obama appointed the radical EPA chief to make cap and trade happen. Obama also stated in an interview before the last campaign that anyone starting a coal plant would go bankrupt. His policies would see to that. Meanwhile, he seems to be relying on alternative sources of energy that have yet to be discovered. Till then, we will remain dependent on foreign oil and pay through the nose for electricity. Not to mention the billions we've thrown at green energy companies that are likely donating to Obama now.

People will lose their jobs, not that this administration sees that as a bad thing. There will be another rush of people turning to government to survive and that is the goal.

That's what "clean coal" means, dipstick. I didn't invent the term.

Clean coal does not mean the CO2 is not produced.

Every member of the warmist cult denies being a member.

bripat9643 is a member of the warmist cult!

So if we eliminated coal, then natural gas would be the most polluting means of generating electricity. Are you and the rest of the warmist turds then going to launch a jihad against using natural gas?

Can you name one form of energy production in common use that produces more pollutants than coal?

Does coal produce some pollution? Undoubtedly, but so does your car. When you stop going to the gas station, then perhaps people might stop thinking you're a scathing hypocrite.

I could only be a hypocrite if I made a moral judgment. I haven't.

The EPA intends to shut down the power companies and the mines. I hope they do it this summer. Ohio is a coal producing state. obama thinks if he crashes the economy and puts people in the dark with skyroceting energy costs they will vote for him.

PULEAZE shut down the plants and close those mines.

Further proof that the right would gladly see the nation suffer if it meant getting rid of their political enemies.

Let's abolish the EPA.

We should. They are no longer about clean water and air. They are radical liberals with an agenda. Their top priority right now is making cap and trade a reality. They answer to no one except Obama. We should not allow individuals to have so much power.

Indeed. It has become an overreaching bureaucracy for whom regulation has become an end in itself.

I don't favour abolishing all environmental regulation, but the limited amount of regulation and oversight that is necessary at the Federal level (should be mostly at the state level) can be done by a much smaller office in - for example - the Interior Department. No need for a massive EPA-bureaucracy.

Forum List

Back