EPA 'Cow Tax' Could Charge $175 per Dairy Cow to Curb Greenhouse Gases

from the article....

Kate Galbraith, correspondent for The New York Times, noted on the Times’ “Green Inc.” blog that such a “proposal is far from being enacted” and that the “hysteria may be premature.”

and i bet it is premature hysteria.....

I am wondering ... even if this is true, the whole global warming nonsense ... what the hell do they expect to do? Throw money at the air and expect it to clean it?

It may be "premature" but look how fast our government is willing to slap a price on something.

"Oh we're just talking about it...spitballing really...we have no immediate plans...$175 per cow...but we're really just mulling it over...now immediate plans...we just came up with that number because we weren't really thinking about doing it...."

It's lucky to be lactose intolerant ?

Only because imitation is cheaper. I love cheeses though, and nothing like a good real cheese. I can eat small amounts of the real stuff sometimes, but if the price of the real stuff goes up too high then maybe they'll make some better imitations for those of us who can't eat much of it.

Oh, I know! They burn all the dollar bills and the smoke from it somehow magically cleans the air! That's gotta be it.

Only because imitation is cheaper. I love cheeses though, and nothing like a good real cheese. I can eat small amounts of the real stuff sometimes, but if the price of the real stuff goes up too high then maybe they'll make some better imitations for those of us who can't eat much of it.

ahh-- the milk carton is half full type of deal---gotcha

Just remember the cost of milk the next time you think we should take more land out of production, and further encumber our farmers and ranchers with idiotic expenses like fencing off all their creek beds....

Just remember the cost of milk the next time you think we should take more land out of production, and further encumber our farmers and ranchers with idiotic expenses like fencing off all their creek beds....

Thats no lie------there making ranching and farming a bitch with silly regs. Easy way to steal land I guess.

I only laugh at people who complain about the costs of food now, especially the ones that don't want to control the human population because they never seem to realize the connection even when it's right in their faces. Of course they have no space to grow more food, we are LIVING on that space.

I only laugh at people who complain about the costs of food now, especially the ones that don't want to control the human population because they never seem to realize the connection even when it's right in their faces. Of course they have no space to grow more food, we are LIVING on that space.

True---and there are several ways to thin out the population. Some are just more blatant and inhumane than others.

True---and there are several ways to thin out the population. Some are just more blatant and inhumane than others.

Well ... at the current growth rate we won't need to worry about it much longer, people will start having to eat each other to stay alive soon. I wonder what wine is best to serve with it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back