Environmental snakes

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Nobody defends the Right of self-defense more than I, but this is beyond the pale:

Environmental groups have convinced the federal government to propose listing the poisonous eastern diamondback rattlesnake as an endangered species in order to protect the reptile from “human persecution.”

“Survival of these snakes in large part depends on whether people continue to persecute them or instead choose to allow these amazing creatures to share the land with us,” Bill Matturro, spokesman for Protect All Living Species, said in welcoming the government’s decision, announced earlier this month. “In the Southeast, we are blessed with a rich natural heritage of animals and plants. All of these species—even the rattlesnakes—should be allowed to exist.”

Feds consider adding poisonous rattlesnake to endangered species list
by Audrey Hudson
05/21/2012

Feds considering adding poisonous rattlesnake to endangered species list - HUMAN EVENTS

Tree huggers are trying to have themselves put on the endangered species list. To paraphrase Bill Matturro:

All species—even environmental freakazoids —should be allowed to exist.

The difference between environmental freakazoids and rattlesnakes is that rattlesnakes are not funded with tax dollars. Besides, rattlesnakes are thriving and multiplying in the nation’s capital and the media.

Nobody defends the Right of self-defense more than I, but this is beyond the pale:
Tree huggers are trying to have themselves put on the endangered species list. To paraphrase Bill Matturro:

The difference between environmental freakazoids and rattlesnakes is that rattlesnakes are not funded with tax dollars. Besides, rattlesnakes are thriving and multiplying in the nation’s capital and the media.

Eastern diamondbacks serve a place in the food chain in the south...they eat rodents...rats, moles, voles, and mice. Without predators, those rodents breed out of control and cause other problems.

In the part of the south where I live, the longleaf pine forests have been decimated and replanted with slash pines for paper production. Then, the price of pulp dropped, and the land where the slash pines were planted was plowed over and developed for vacation housing. Protecting the remaining longleaf pine forests is incredibly important to many other types of wildlife in this area, which includes, but is not limited to the eastern diamondback.

We've had a couple on our property in the past few years. They aren't particularly aggressive snakes. Water Moccasins and pygmy rattlers are much more aggressive and worry me considerably more than the diamondbacks do.

Last edited:

Environmental groups have convinced the federal government to propose listing the poisonous eastern diamondback rattlesnake as an endangered species in order to protect the reptile from “human persecution.”

“Survival of these snakes in large part depends on whether people continue to persecute them or instead choose to allow these amazing creatures to share the land with us,” Bill Matturro, spokesman for Protect All Living Species, said in welcoming the government’s decision, announced earlier this month. “In the Southeast, we are blessed with a rich natural heritage of animals and plants. All of these species—even the rattlesnakes—should be allowed to exist.”

Feds consider adding poisonous rattlesnake to endangered species list
by Audrey Hudson
05/21/2012

Feds considering adding poisonous rattlesnake to endangered species list - HUMAN EVENTS

So you advocate the destruction of an entire species through group hunts that kill for no real reason?

Snakes are reclusive animals. You don't bother them and they won't bother you.

True story. We had a large king snake that lived in our yard for years. I'd occasionally catch him sunning himself on the deck, but by and large, he minded his business and I minded mine.

Then, our neighbors caught him napping on their driveway and killed him.

Fucking morons.

Why on earth would you kill a non-poisonous snake with a reputation for eating other snakes? oh, because you're an inbred ignorant hick, that's why.

To Mr Clean: Too bad you can’t say the same about environmental freakazoids.

So, people who want to save the longleaf pine forests, versus clear-cutting them down and plowing them over, are environmental freakazoids?

Do you even live down here?

Last edited:

So how shitty of a school did you have to go to to conclude that protecting snakes is tree hugging?

:lol: You're one of the biggest feakazoids here!

So how shitty of a school did you have to go to to conclude that protecting snakes is tree hugging?

To starcraftzzz: A school that taught reading comprehension.

For your edification, “tree hugger” is a general term for every environmental wacko. Note that catzmeow brought up trees. They just can’t help themselves.

To starcraftzzz: A school that taught reading comprehension.

For your edification, “tree hugger” is a general term for every environmental wacko. Note that catzmeow brought up trees. They just can’t help themselves.

It appears that Flanders has been beaten hard with a stupid stick.

It appears that Flanders has been beaten hard with a stupid stick.

To catzmeow: You poor dumb thing. You and all of your fellow tree huggers do not know you are handing your freedoms and real property Rights to the United Nations with every piece of environmental crap you advocate. Dumb can forgiven as an accident of birth, but you’re worse than dumb if you know what you are doing.

sweetie..........I want to know how you navigate the real world in this perpetual state of naive?:lol:

This stuff is beyond the pale in terms of gay

To skookerasbil: I assume you are using a synonym for homosexual. I don’t know how gay got into your analysis of my premise, but since you introduced sex into my thread here’s a bit of friendly advice. If you are not a woodpecker stop humping trees.

Forum List

Back