Entrepreneurs and buinessfolk

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Do you make a product, sell a service, or hire more employees based on:

A- why the fuck not? I've got money to waste

B- because hiring people will get me into heaven and

C) hiring people to serve no one and make me no money is my hobby (I love wealth redistribution and giving to charity is too simple and straightforward)

D- because there exists market demand and I can make money- or at least it looks like there's money to be made

?

Last edited:
you forgot E) there might be a market demand, but i'm holding out for a sweeter deal. if people feel the pain enough, i'll get my way

you forgot E) there might be a market demand, but i'm holding out for a sweeter deal. if people feel the pain enough, i'll get my way

I kind of think that is what is happening now (past 3 years). Unions have been broken and the government has almost no leverage (That it wants to use anyhow) against private firms.

They are pretty much calling the shots.

Step A - Put in elected officials that will do your bidding.
Step B - Break the Unions.
Step C - Privatize profit and socialize risk.
Step D - Get rid of all regulations.
Step E - Bring back the monopoly.

We are between C and D now.

It can be an instructive example when we teach our children about feudalism

D) hiring people to serve no one and make me no money is my hobby (I love wealth redistribution and giving to charity is too simple and straightforward)

D- because there exists market demand and I can make money- or at least it looks like there's money to be made

?

E) JBeukema doesn't know shit about what he's talking about.

I kind of think that is what is happening now (past 3 years). Unions have been broken and the government has almost no leverage (That it wants to use anyhow) against private firms.

I'm all for D. Buyers? Educate yourself...learn to read. Can you say TORT?

Albeit B is a great option. They are fucking dinosaurs.

And as to C? When has profit not been private unless you have a tyrannical gubmint in for profit [Which they shouldn't be but are for control of the masses]?

:lol:

D of course, but the rub is in that in a consumer import based economy..
Well people are pretty much buying all they can now ie market saturation.
The only way to increase demand is to either create more jobs or pay the existing workers more money. But without increased demand neither is viable....
And business that depend on excess consumer spending are folding as people cut back on spending, further worsening the situation.

Quite a hole we have worked ourselves into.

Last edited:
D of course, but the rub is in that in a consumer import based economy..
Well people are pretty much buying all they can now ie market saturation.
The only way to increase demand is to either create more jobs or pay the existing workers more money. But without increased demand neither is viable....
And business that depend on excess consumer spending are folding as people cut back on spending, further worsening the situation.

Quite a hole we have worked ourselves into.

Consumer? Really? Have no faith in the manufacturing ability of this nation?

Granted our manufacturing ability has been put in check by Government polocies to go overseas...

Low cost production is what moved jobs overseas. Globalization free trade, NAFTA, SHAFTA, etc.

Americans cannot maintain their current lifestyles and will be continuing to reduce them in the future. Try living here on Wages paid in India, China, Malasia, etc.

Govt regulations and such are just a right wing hyperbole of avoiding the truth.

Low cost production is what moved jobs overseas. Globalization free trade, NAFTA, SHAFTA, etc.

Americans cannot maintain their current lifestyles and will be continuing to reduce them in the future. Try living here on Wages paid in India, China, Malasia, etc.

Govt regulations and such are just a right wing hyperbole of avoiding the truth.

And try keeping up with demand of UNION WAGES...

D) hiring people to serve no one and make me no money is my hobby (I love wealth redistribution and giving to charity is too simple and straightforward)

?

A, B, and D will put you out of business.

Your second D, an entrepreneur can startup a company where there is demand OR the entrepreneur may be developing a new product or service that eventually may benefit the consumer. Or, it could be a niche market in which the service or product is heavily regulated.

What's behind door C?

Union wages? Except for govt paid employees Unions are a single digit percentage of the workforce. And govt employees have no competition.

yet another right wing mythical talking point.

And besides I htink I covered that in my post. Our wages and lifestyles will be continuing to drop for quite a few years.

Last edited:

And as to C? When has profit not been private unless you have a tyrannical gubmint in for profit [Which they shouldn't be but are for control of the masses]?

So personal responsibility is not for corporate persons?

Not what I said...nor did I allude to it. For you see? That is a given.

Union wages? Except for govt paid employees Unions are a single digit percentage of the workforce. And govt employees have no competition.

yet another right wing mythical talking point.

And besides I htink I covered that in my post. Our wages and lifestyles will be continuing to drop for quite a few years.

Sure. That's why every time the Gubmint increases the minimum wage...Union wages go up?

:eusa_hand:

a given since judicial activism set them free from the restraint of their charters :p

"The idea that institutions, established for the use of the nation, cannot be touched nor modified, even to make them answer their end, because of the rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may, perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch, but it is most absurd against the nation itself" -- Thomas Jefferson; letter to William Plumer (1819)

a given since judicial activism set them free from the restraint of their charters :p

"The idea that institutions, established for the use of the nation, cannot be touched nor modified, even to make them answer their end, because of the rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may, perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch, but it is most absurd against the nation itself" -- Thomas Jefferson; letter to William Plumer (1819)

And I would agree to that. I am all for Responsibilty...and forsight to see the effects of an action beyond the act of setting forth an action and dealing with the reprecussions as it would affect others.

Some call it three demensional thinking. To the Statists? They call it a pain in the ass. For it would also portend the act of being responsible.

And I would agree to that. I am all for Responsibilty...and forsight to see the effects of an action beyond the act of setting forth an action and dealing with the reprecussions as it would affect others.

Some call it three demensional thinking. To the Statists? They call it a pain in the ass. For it would also portend the act of being responsible.

So am I to understand that you are against regulation of weights and measures?

?

E) JBeukema doesn't know shit about what he's talking about.

O rly? Do tell us what motivates entrepreneurship, hiring, and the expansion of business or introduction of new products and services.

Forum List

Back