Entitlement reform

Should Americans who never served their country be "ENTITLED" to their freedoms and l

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Hey we are only talking about other peoples "ENTITLEMENTS"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
A question for all military personel past present and future. Should Americans be entitled to all their freedoms and liberties without doing anything for them? i.e. military service, or any government job.

I watch FOX and would like to know how all the conservative talking heads like Charles Krauthammer justify their entitlement to American Freedoms and liberties without service?

A question for all military personel past present and future. Should Americans be entitled to all their freedoms and liberties without doing anything for them? i.e. military service, or any government job.

I watch FOX and would like to know how all the conservative talking heads like Charles Krauthammer justify their entitlement to American Freedoms and liberties without service?

I am retired military.

Your question is answered in the Bill of Rights. Do you see a requirement for compulsory service before being allowed free speech?

No it is not, but the constitution provides rules for change. As we can change entitlement programs so can we also change the rules governing military service.

How can people who never served their nation get irrate about other peoples entitlements? They did nothing for their freedoms. Federal taxes are taken out for medicade, medicare and social security, so these cannot even be considered entitlements. So those who did nothing for their entitlement of freedoms want to cut programs that people have been contributing to their entire lives and label them as an "entitlement".

How can people who never served their nation get irrate about other peoples entitlements? They did nothing for their freedoms.

I think it may behoove you to look up the word inalienable. You are promoting the exact opposite of that meaning.

Federal taxes are taken out for medicade, medicare and social security, so these cannot even be considered entitlements. So those who did nothing for their entitlement of freedoms want to cut programs that people have been contributing to their entire lives and label them as an "entitlement".

Most of the "cuts" involve raising the retirement age (we are living longer, we should be working longer) and means testing Social Security benefits. Do you know what means testing is?

I wouldnt want anyone watching my husbands back who had to be forced to be there.

Yes, there are plenty of people I've met over the years I would rather not have had to trust my life with during my four year enlistment.

How can people who never served their nation get irrate about other peoples entitlements? They did nothing for their freedoms.

I think it may behoove you to look up the word inalienable. You are promoting the exact opposite of that meaning.

Federal taxes are taken out for medicade, medicare and social security, so these cannot even be considered entitlements. So those who did nothing for their entitlement of freedoms want to cut programs that people have been contributing to their entire lives and label them as an "entitlement".

Most of the "cuts" involve raising the retirement age (we are living longer, we should be working longer) and means testing Social Security benefits. Do you know what means testing is?

I do know what means testing is, and I do like it. But I still feel that everyone should serve in some form or fashion. Work for the post office for two years or some other government job for military pay.

Id bet most people receiving welfare would be willing to work a nice government job if it was offered.

Only for military pay and benefits.

Ok.

The military has good pay and benefits.

Sorry, let me redefine benefits.

We do not feed, cloth or house them. As we would not require 24 hr. service. We would not offer unlimited medical, optical, dental as they are not subject to deployment. All of those things are still available, but you must join the military to get them.

I believe the constitution says they are entitled to those freedoms by simple virtue of their native birth/naturalized citizenship. I do not believe my military service makes my opinions any more right or entitles me to anything above and beyond my fellow citizens. It's called "Serving America" because you serve to defend even the people who choose not to serve. Silly question.

Freedom isn't an entitlement, moron.

Forum List

Back