ENTIRE impeachment thing makes no sense

1. Couldn’t impeach him until he did something impeachable.

2. Abuse of office is close enough.

3. The trade deal with get a few days of coverage maybe. This takes away the talking point that the House is too focused on impeachment to do anything else.

4. Appeasing the base is enough. Obama, Schiff, Biden. None of them are going to testify in the Senate.

5. It’s a fair point. Seems to be why they’re trying to get it done so quickly.

He's being impeached for winning the election. That's the bottom line.

You guys do what you want. The American people aren't going to support this over something so petty and you may very well walk this man right back into the White House another four years when you could have defeated him by simply acting like mature adults.

Just remember that whatever you do to the Republicans they can turn right around and do it back to you at the next opportunity.
The people don't have to support this, just like you don't have to support every other criminal on trial for justice to be done.

1. Pelosi waits what 10 months or so before doing this even though they have whined the entire time Trump needs to be impeached and her crazy new freshman have been pushing ever since they were elected to impeach
2. When you finally pass the 2 impeachment bills etc NEITHER is the "bribery" crap you have been whining about the ENTIRE TIME
3. On the SAME DAY you announce the house voted to pass them you ALSO announce an agreement to vote on the USMCA trade deal,effectively cutting the legs out from under your own impeachment push because other than far left news media CNN is gonna be the only one to keep talking about this and not the trade deal
4. She KNOWS its going no where in the senate and it might actually make Biden and Obama and Schiff and the "whistleblower" come testify etc and the senate can drag it out and make the demoncrats look worse than they already do.
5. It takes a LOT of attention off the presidential candidates effectively muting them

Someone explain this please....I have always heard even from republicans and conservatives Pelosi is a good politician,smart sense in politics etc so WHY all of a sudden give in to the extremist in her party who are loud but still a minority and essentially destroy your chances at winning back the presidency and keeping the house next year?

All this talk about Trump destroying the GOP but it looks to me Pelosi has allowed the crazy minority in her own party to essentially control the democrats. I make a bet she retires after they lose the house next year...she won't watch her party be destroyed by these idiots and she can't stop it though.
1) Pelosi waited until there was a clearly impeachable offense before proceeding.
2) The first article is exactly what Democrats have been investigating from the beginning- abuse of power- which includes both soliciting a foreign government to influence our election and also using the office of the President to condition funds and an official White House visit on Ukraine making a public announcement of an investigation into Trump's political rival. The second article of course stems from Trump's actions to cover up his abuse of office.
3) On the same day as they announce the articles of impeachment they also show that they can pass bipartisan legislation- proving Trump's 'do-nothing' claim to be just another Trump lie.
4) We all know this Senate will not convict Trump- and wouldn't convict Nixon. That doesn't mean that the House should ignore Trump's actions. As far as the Senate calling witnesses- I can only hope the Senate does call President Obama- that would be great.
5) Yes- it does take attention away from Democrat candidates- but the alternative would be to ignore Trump's attempts to corrupt our election. Why signal to Trump that he has a green light to ask any foreign government to interfere in American elections?

The reason Pelosi went forward is because soliciting a foreign government to interfere in an American election was so clearly wrong- and was not just the extremists in the party who felt that way.

Frankly if any other President had done this, pretty much everyone would be against it. But not Trump.

For the modern Republican Party- Trump can do no wrong. They are all terrified of even criticizing him.

Depends on how many mentally challenged dotards like yourself come out to vote for Donald “I’m above the law” Trump.
I'm done arguing with mentally challenged dotards like yourself. The results will speak for themselves and you'll either learn from it or not.
Colfax is old? I thought he must be in his teens, myself.

I'm still trying to work out whether extreme partisanship has a diminishing effect on intelligence or if only those with diminished intelligence become extreme partisans.

the Dems ignoring what the Bidens have done while focusing on Trump reminds me of that small town cop who ignore his local fellow buzzing past him at 110 and then pulls over the guy with the out of states played for going 56.
The trick isn’t to ignore what Biden has done. The trick is to not ignore the exculpatory information about them.

There is no "exculpatory evidence" about the Bidens. His son was getting money for nothing from Burisma, and spending it on Hoes and Crack.

The truth is that if Hunter's last name was Gotti instead of Biden, he'd be sitting in a Supermax.

Let’s say Biden was getting money for nothing from Burisma. What law is that breaking?

No law at all.

But no one with any sense believes it was "for nothing". That's why it needs investigated.

Doesn’t there need to be actual evidence of a crime before you open an investigation? Seems all you have is a hunch.

And yet they waited for years after he won to impeach him. Well, that’s because Trump has to give them something to impeach him for.

You don’t think the American people care if the president is trying to cheat in the election?

They've been talking impeachment from day one of Trumps presidency.
And then had to wait for three years for him to do something to deserve it.

it’s not terribly surprising. Trump has no idea what he’s doing.

This wins stupid post of the day.....
Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Explain Strzok and Paige. Contingency plans and all. Just let the people decide in 2020.
Nothing to explain. Strzok and Page didn’t do anything illegal or inappropriate to Trump.

Trump is trying to cheat. It’s hard to say just let the people vote when it’s not a free and fair election.

3. The trade deal with get a few days of coverage maybe. This takes away the talking point that the House is too focused on impeachment to do anything else.

4. Appeasing the base is enough. Obama, Schiff, Biden. None of them are going to testify in the Senate.

You guys do what you want. The American people aren't going to support this over something so petty and you may very well walk this man right back into the White House another four years when you could have defeated him by simply acting like mature adults.

Just remember that whatever you do to the Republicans they can turn right around and do it back to you at the next opportunity.

And yet they waited for years after he won to impeach him. Well, that’s because Trump has to give them something to impeach him for.

You don’t think the American people care if the president is trying to cheat in the election?

If that's the case, why did it take 3 years to come up with even this weak thing that has about as much credibility as Kavanaugh's accuser?

If that's the case, why did it take 3 years to come up with even this weak thing that has about as much credibility as Kavanaugh's accuser?

I thought he should be impeached for obstruction of justice but apparently that was too “boring”.

Explain Strzok and Paige. Contingency plans and all. Just let the people decide in 2020.
Nothing to explain. Strzok and Page didn’t do anything illegal or inappropriate to Trump.

Trump is trying to cheat. It’s hard to say just let the people vote when it’s not a free and fair election.
It's as fair and free as it's always been. How is it not?

I thought he should be impeached for obstruction of justice but apparently that was too “boring”.
It was. They've been focus group testing the charges to find one that sticks with their uneducated base.

at least Clinton had the sack to testify under oath -

General Brainspur doesn't.

I don't remember Slick Willy testifying at his trial at all.

FIGURES - youre an idiot.

I think the point is, that President Trump hasn't even been impeached yet.

He may or may not testify in his own defense. Of course he isn't required to, the 5th Amendment and all that. But I would not be surprised if he decided to. But the Dems have to pass Articles of Impeachment first, before you'll all find out.

Pelosi has always been wry of impeachment and considered it to be problematical even after the Mueller report came out.

But Trump couldn't control himself and just dug a bigger grave and in September she went all in with his latest antics in Ukraine

Opening bullshit investigations into political opponents is not free and fair. That’s corrupt.

Well at least they aren’t babbling about treason, coups and executions. I swear, there’s a lot of violent fantasies on the right. It’s downright creepy.

It is treasonous and a coup attempt, to try and overturn a legitimate election of a legitimate President.

Execution, traditionally by drawing and quartering, is the traditional punishment for High Fucking Treason.

In our Republic, Impeachment of a person elected to the office of the President is 100% Constitutional. Therefore it is not an attempted overthrow of the Constitution, or treason. Only an authoritarian would believe such hyperbole nonsense. However to cast treasonous aspersions at the Democrats for doing what they believe is the constitutional remedy to a corrupt president, is slander.

Impeachment is ONLY legal for high crimes and misdemeanors.

That has not occurred. "Obstruction of congress" isn't a crime at all, much less a high crime. This is just Libs being butt hurt because Trump refuses to participate in his own lynching. Not a crime.

His attempted bribery, extortion, or force coercion of a foreign nation using foreign aid approve by both parties is most certainly a grave and impeachable offence. Declaring blanket immunity for the Executive Branch is declaring the President is above the law. It will not stand. If Trumpublican's embrace this corruption, they will pay next year. They will give the Democrats their greatest chance of getting a super majority in Congress as well as the presidency in 2021. Their best option is to ask Donnie "Da Dog" to resign.

How is it "forced coercion" when President Zelensky said he wasn't pressured at all?

In early May, staff at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, including then-Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, were briefed on a meeting Zelensky held in which he sought advice on how to navigate the difficult position he was in, according to two people with knowledge of the briefings.

He was concerned that Trump and associates were pressing him to take action that could affect the 2020 U.S. presidential race, the people said. They spoke only on condition of anonymity because of the diplomatic and political sensitivity of the issue.

The briefings show that U.S. officials knew early that Zelensky was feeling pressure to investigate Biden, even though the Ukrainian leader later denied it in a joint news conference with Trump in September.

AP sources: Ukraine's Zelensky was feeling pressure from Trump administration

Personally I think they should put the brakes on, and go on a full frontal PR assault to get the cases expedited though the courts as to the constitutionality of this Blanket Immunity defense, which s you know, puts the Chief Executive above the law with no accountability by allowing him to sequester evidence of his misdeeds. Then since the election season is upon us, and the Senate is as partisan as the House, no conviction will be possible. Just keep investigating and overturning rocks and seeing what crawls out.

It was. They've been focus group testing the charges to find one that sticks with their uneducated base.
Or something that might penetrate the Trump cult.

There’s some irony in people freaking out about Biden getting a prosecutor fired that may have been investigating a company that his son worked for and yet when Trump tried to get a prosecutor fired that definitely was investigating him, crickets.

Opening bullshit investigations into political opponents is not free and fair. That’s corrupt.

That's what President Trump has been subjected to by his political opponents.

Not only Trump but his children as well.

The Precedent is there.

1. Pelosi waits what 10 months or so before doing this even though they have whined the entire time Trump needs to be impeached and her crazy new freshman have been pushing ever since they were elected to impeach
2. When you finally pass the 2 impeachment bills etc NEITHER is the "bribery" crap you have been whining about the ENTIRE TIME
3. On the SAME DAY you announce the house voted to pass them you ALSO announce an agreement to vote on the USMCA trade deal,effectively cutting the legs out from under your own impeachment push because other than far left news media CNN is gonna be the only one to keep talking about this and not the trade deal
4. She KNOWS its going no where in the senate and it might actually make Biden and Obama and Schiff and the "whistleblower" come testify etc and the senate can drag it out and make the demoncrats look worse than they already do.
5. It takes a LOT of attention off the presidential candidates effectively muting them

Someone explain this please....I have always heard even from republicans and conservatives Pelosi is a good politician,smart sense in politics etc so WHY all of a sudden give in to the extremist in her party who are loud but still a minority and essentially destroy your chances at winning back the presidency and keeping the house next year?

All this talk about Trump destroying the GOP but it looks to me Pelosi has allowed the crazy minority in her own party to essentially control the democrats. I make a bet she retires after they lose the house next year...she won't watch her party be destroyed by these idiots and she can't stop it though.
Of course it makes NO SENSE. It's just another chapter in the Dim Dems' OVER THREE YEAR temper tantrum they've been throwing EVERY day since their beloved Killery LOST in 2016. Pitiful.

That's what President Trump has been subjected to by his political opponents.

Not only Trump but his children as well.

The Precedent is there.
Where has he been subject to that?

Which is why the impeachment thing is so dangerous for the democrats. They not only signaled that they would attempt to impeach him before he even took office, they spent years and millions of dollars trying to prove him guilty of collusion, and now aren't even using the results of that investigation. The people are noticing, and they will likely pay a big price. Trump hasn't opened any investigations into anyone as of yet. Heck, we don't even know for sure if Crazy Uncle Joe will get the nomination or not. Score to date in questionable investigations: democrats, several. Trump, none.

Or something that might penetrate the Trump cult.

There’s some irony in people freaking out about Biden getting a prosecutor fired that may have been investigating a company that his son worked for and yet when Trump tried to get a prosecutor fired that definitely was investigating him, crickets.
That's the problem though when you bounce from one charge to another while ignoring the first ones. People start to think you really don't know what you are doing and that you're just desperate to find something to complain about.

Forum List

Back