Enslaved Africans Showed Whites How To Inoculate Against Small Pox

interesting story, however the chinese were doing it by 1000 BC

and various forms of it occurred throughout history.

wonder why a slave would want to save people that would own him?

The chinese didnt teach whites to do it though. A Black person did. I never said they were the first to do it but they were the first to use tetracycline.

Black people are more giving than other races evidently. They freely educated whites more than once on many different subjects.

And we thank you for the important education. :D

My link says whites thought it was African vudoo. Obviously whites had no knowledge of it.

Your own article doesn't support that. lol you should read the links you post; it wouldn't make you any smarter, but at least you might avoid your usual embarrassment.

Yeah my link supports it no matter how terrible your reading comprehension is.

"Their rage came from many sources; fear that inoculation might spread smallpox further; knowledge that the bubonic plague was on the rise in France; and a righteous fury that it was immoral to tamper with God’s judgment in this way. There was a racial tone to their response as well, as they rebelled against an idea that was not only foreign, but African (one critic, an eminent doctor, attacked Mather for his “Negroish” thinking)."

Since you claimed to have read the article, then you know you're blatantly lying then.

Mather had come close to choosing a career in medicine, and devoured the scientific publications of the Royal Society in London. As the society began to turn its attention to inoculation practices around the world, Mather realized that he had an extraordinary expert living in his household. Onesimus was a “pretty Intelligent Fellow,” it had become clear to him.

Without Mather having read about the practice in white medical journals and your slaves being taught it by white people, they wouldn't have saved anybody, and most likely would be dead from it themselves. Too bad for your false spin this is easily found by simple Google Scholaring.

Well, to try and be fair about this....he just said the slaved helped Boston.....which he did by relating his experience or innoculation in Africa...he did not claim the slave 'invented' or 'discovered' the method of innoculation.

But at the same time many primitive aka backward peoples have knowledge of medicine aka herbal treatments....and many modern medicines are derivatives of these herbs.

Look at the Native Americans and their extensive knowledge of herbs....and the Indians in South America also used herbs quite extensively plus many, many others.

We would do well to send investigators out in the wilds to collect the knowledge these people have ...expecially in regards to herbs.

Western Medicine is far too restrictive....look at 'acupuncture' which did not become known much at all in Ameica until a American Journalist 'James Reston' had to undergo emergency surgery in China and they used acupuncture to help alleviate his pain.

Reston Helped Open a Door to Acupuncture

The V.A. has huge problems with vets addicted to pain killers or pain that pain killers are not effective in treating...such as back pain.

Yet the V.A. rejects acupuncture.

We must understand that there are many good things about Western Medicine but it needs to be more open minded regarding alternative treatments.

PTSD being such a huge problem for many vets...yet the V.A. doctors treat it with addictive substances and other things that actually make many of the sufferers worse and in too many cases leads to their suicide.

I think at the very least the V.A. should allow aka pay for acupuncture treatments for vets who want them and or need them.

Last edited:
My link says whites thought it was African vudoo. Obviously whites had no knowledge of it.

Your own article doesn't support that. lol you should read the links you post; it wouldn't make you any smarter, but at least you might avoid your usual embarrassment.

Yeah my link supports it no matter how terrible your reading comprehension is.

"Their rage came from many sources; fear that inoculation might spread smallpox further; knowledge that the bubonic plague was on the rise in France; and a righteous fury that it was immoral to tamper with God’s judgment in this way. There was a racial tone to their response as well, as they rebelled against an idea that was not only foreign, but African (one critic, an eminent doctor, attacked Mather for his “Negroish” thinking)."

Since you claimed to have read the article, then you know you're blatantly lying then.

Mather had come close to choosing a career in medicine, and devoured the scientific publications of the Royal Society in London. As the society began to turn its attention to inoculation practices around the world, Mather realized that he had an extraordinary expert living in his household. Onesimus was a “pretty Intelligent Fellow,” it had become clear to him.

Without Mather having read about the practice in white medical journals and your slaves being taught it by white people, they wouldn't have saved anybody, and most likely would be dead from it themselves. Too bad for your false spin this is easily found by simple Google Scholaring.

Well, to try and be fair about this....he just said the slaved helped Boston.....which he did by relating his experience or innoculation in Africa...he did not claim the slave 'invented' or 'discovered' the method of innoculation.

But at the same time many primitive aka backward peoples have knowledge of medicine aka herbal treatments....and many modern medicines are derivatives of these herbs.

Look at the Native Americans and their extensive knowledge of herbs....and the Indians in South America also used herbs quite extensively plus many, many others.

We would do well to send investigators out in the wilds to collect the knowledge these people have ...expecially in regards to herbs.

Western Medicine is far too restrictive....look at 'acupuncture' which did not become known much at all in Ameica until a American Journalist 'James Reston' had to undergo emergency surgery in China and they used acupuncture to help alleviate his pain.

Reston Helped Open a Door to Acupuncture

The V.A. has huge problems with vets addicted to pain killers or pain that pain killers are not effective in treating...such as back pain.

Yet the V.A. rejects acupuncture.

We must understand that there are many good things about Western Medicine but it needs to be more open minded regarding alternative treatments.

PTSD being such a huge problem for many vets...yet the V.A. doctors treat it with addictive substances and other things that actually make many of the sufferers worse and in too many cases leads to their suicide.

I think at the very least the V.A. should allow aka pay for acupuncture treatments for vets who want them and or need them.

I agree with most of this; I like taunting Asclepias racism for fun, since he really knows nothing of this stuff and is merely a troll.

Forum List

Back