Ensign receives handwritten confirmation

Flout the mandate penalty? Face the IRS - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com

Americans who fail to pay the penalty for not buying insurance would face legal action from the Internal Revenue Service, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The remarks Thursday from the committee's chief of staff, Thomas Barthold, seems to further weaken President Barack Obama's contention last week that the individual mandate penalty, which could go as high as $1,900, is not a tax increase.

Under questioning from Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.), Barthold said the IRS would "take you to court and undertake normal collection proceedings."

Ensign pursued the line of questioning because he said a lot of Americans don't believe the Constitution allows the government to mandate the purchase of insurance

Flout the mandate penalty? Face the IRS - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com

so what happens if you don't pay for any medical insurance and then you need emergency service

This doesn't happen often enough.

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Ensign receives handwritten confirmation - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com

:cuckoo: democrats have gone stark fucking raving mad! :lol:

Funny how the Democrats just won't come out and speak the truth on this matter.

Why is Ensign still in politics? Isn't he a Republican and part of the GOP...you know party of famil values and all?

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Why is Ensign still in politics? Isn't he a Republican and part of the GOP...you know party of famil values and all?

Yeah...that explains the TAX increase on the middle class.

It's called a PENALTY. I am already paying a tax to pay for people who CHOOSE not to have health insurance. There is a difference and I am ALL for imposing this penalty on any who CHOOSE not to buy health insurance when they can afford to do it.

It's called a PENALTY. I am already paying a tax to pay for people who CHOOSE not to have health insurance. There is a difference and I am ALL for imposing this penalty on any who CHOOSE not to buy health insurance when they can afford to do it.

No you are NOT!!!!! You don't pay for people who voluntarily OPT OUT of health insurance. You pay for people who cannot afford health insurance!!! Illegal aliens...the poor etc. Illegal aliens need to be cut the fuck off FROM ANY AND ALL BENEFITS!!! Then let Medicaid do its goddam job!!!!!

No you are NOT!!!!! You don't pay for people who voluntarily OPT OUT of health insurance. You pay for people who cannot afford health insurance!!! Illegal aliens...the poor etc. Illegal aliens need to be cut the fuck off FROM ANY AND ALL BENEFITS!!! Then let Medicaid do its goddam job!!!!!

So, who pays for the legal US citizen, who CHOSE not to get health insurance, but is rushed to the hospital with a heart attack, and then suddenly realizes he cannot pay for the emergency care he received? The healthinsurance fairy?

So, who pays for the legal US citizen, who CHOSE not to get health insurance, but is rushed to the hospital with a heart attack, and then suddenly realizes he cannot pay for the emergency care he received? The healthinsurance fairy?

All 4 of them that this happened to? They filed bankruptcy.

Please ... grow up.

I've never heard the Democraps speak the truth on any matter... Heard a lot of half-truths but never the whole truth, nothing but the truth. I'd say "So help me God" but most Democraps don't believe in God. At least they act that way to me most of the time.

Please ... grow up.

Are you stupid enough to believe that the number who CHOOSE not to buy health insurance is that low? Or simply that partisan? You pick.

Please ... grow up.

Are you stupid enough to believe that the number who CHOOSE not to buy health insurance is that low? Or simply that partisan? You pick.

You have got to be the stupidest libtard hack on these boards......
NO WHERE did I say only 4 people voluntarily opt out of health insurance. You made a stupid ass hypothetical argument about a guy who had a heart attack. I said all 4 of them that this happened to?....and you immediately make a complete fool out of yourself by pulling something totally out LEFT field....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Put down the crack pipe and quit drinking the Jim Jones Kool-Aid.

Please ... grow up.

What happened to the claim no tax or penalty would be imposed?

Please ... grow up.

You have got to be the stupidest libtard hack on these boards......
NO WHERE did I say only 4 people voluntarily opt out of health insurance. You made a stupid ass hypothetical argument about a guy who had a heart attack. I said all 4 of them that this happened to?....and you immediately make a complete fool out of yourself by pulling something totally out LEFT field....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Put down the crack pipe and quit drinking the Jim Jones Kool-Aid.

So, now that you are done trying to squirm out of your bullshit argument, are you willing to admit that I already pay a tax for those who need healthcare and choose not to buy health insurance and then can't afford to pay the bills?

Forum List

Back