Enough MJ - This Is The Latest Celebrity Controversy

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Katie Holmes Converting to Scientology
Monday, June 13, 2005

LONDON — Katie Holmes says she's converting to the Church of Scientology, embracing the religion of her boyfriend, Tom Cruise.

Holmes, in London to promote her new film, "Batman Begins ," said Monday that she's excited about her lessons in Scientology, a religion founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

The 26-year-old actress and Cruise went public with their romantic relationship in April. The former Catholic and star of television's "Dawson's Creek " grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

"We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true," Holmes said.

Cruise was in Tokyo Monday for the premiere of his new film, "War of the Worlds "

In an interview in the June 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly, the 42-year-old actor was asked if Holmes is curious about Scientology.

"Yeah, absolutely. She digs it," he tells the magazine.

In response to a question about whether he'd asked Holmes not to do "Factory Girl" — about Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol — because of the drug use in the movie, Cruise says: "I don't even know what 'Factory Girl' is."

He adds: "Listen, the thing you've got to know about Katie is that she's an incredibly bright and self-determined woman. She makes her own decisions."

Cruise was previously married to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman, and dated Penelope Cruz for several years.

Holmes and actor Chris Klein recently called off their engagement, after dating for five years.

When asked by Entertainment Weekly if he plans to propose to Holmes, Cruise replies: "It's gonna happen, man. It'll happen."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159404,00.html

She likes Tom Cruise.

Remember, she had a poster of him in his room when she was growing up.

Ewwwwwww.......

That would be like me marrying Farrah Fawcett....

Ewwwwwwww.....

GotZoom said:
She likes Tom Cruise.

Remember, she had a poster of him in his room when she was growing up.

Ewwwwwww.......

That would be like me marrying Farrah Fawcett....

Ewwwwwwww.....

That would be like me marrying Eddie Van Halen... oh, wait...

:D

Actually, I didn't have girlie posters in my room until college. So I guess it would be like me marrying Jewel Kilcher! Rock on!!! :thup:

gop_jeff said:
That would be like me marrying Eddie Van Halen... oh, wait...

:D

Actually, I didn't have girlie posters in my room until college. So I guess it would be like me marrying Jewel Kilcher! Rock on!!! :thup:

Ok Valerie....

Attachments

• $main2.jpg
    $main2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 54
  • $Van-Halen-1.jpg
    $Van-Halen-1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 62
I'd marry Jewel. Hers was one of the only homes on MTV Cribs that actually looked like a house I'd feel comfortable living in.

Anyway, Jeff, what stock do you put in the fact that the TomKat (yes, I hate that abbreviation) thing is just a publicity stunt? He's got War of the Worlds coming out soon, she's got Batman Begins. Anyone see him on Oprah? Dude's pretty insane.

Dan said:
I'd marry Jewel. Hers was one of the only homes on MTV Cribs that actually looked like a house I'd feel comfortable living in.

Anyway, Jeff, what stock do you put in the fact that the TomKat (yes, I hate that abbreviation) thing is just a publicity stunt? He's got War of the Worlds coming out soon, she's got Batman Begins. Anyone see him on Oprah? Dude's pretty insane.

Could be advertising for the movies (A la Mr. and Mr. Smith - Brajelique) or trying to dispell another rumor....

Attachments

• $888.jpg
    $888.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 56
Dan said:

I hadn't even thought about that. But I don't think Tom Cruise needs any additional publicity. He's a good actor who's proven himself in several movies. Katie might needs some, but then again, it could be true love. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Forum List

Back