Enough is Enough...Katrina my ass!

A

archangel

I really do not give a damn if ya have a H.S.Diploma,a AA,BA,MA,or a PHD...does not impress me in the least...Common sense does! If a person or entity chooses to build in a area known to be a disastor area be that a known flood zone,hurricane,twister,earthquake or whatever so be it...please do not cry to me when nature takes it's course...
Now they are asking for relief and I must bend over backward to say... okay poor soul... you were dumb and now I am responsible to bail you out...OMG life is really simple... when you play you must pay...where does it say "I" must pay?

If I sound cold...I am sorry...I work hard to keep my head above the water...and so must all

And now on CNN... GW and the President of Russia "Putin" are saying they are partners in this disastor...Russia will help and GW smiles and agrees...whats up with this anyway?...Golly gee maybe something to do with the Iran BS...Gimmee a break... are they saying "We" are all that stupid?

To put this into proper perspective: Stop analyizing others...A serial killer needs not be analyized...nor does a terrorist...nor do stupid people...elimination is the simple solution...not rocket science! :scratch:

archangel said:
I really do not give a damn if ya have a H.S.Diploma,a AA,BA,MA,or a PHD...does not impress me in the least...Common sense does! If a person or entity chooses to build in a area known to be a disastor area be that a known flood zone,hurricane,twister,earthquake or whatever so be it...please do not cry to me when nature takes it's course...
Now they are asking for relief and I must bend over backward to say... okay poor soul... you were dumb and now I am responsible to bail you out...OMG life is really simple... when you play you must pay...where does it say "I" must pay?

If I sound cold...I am sorry...I work hard to keep my head above the water...and so must all

And now on CNN... GW and the President of Russia "Putin" are saying they are partners in this disastor...Russia will help and GW smiles and agrees...whats up with this anyway?...Golly gee maybe something to do with the Iran BS...Gimmee a break... are they saying "We" are all that stupid?

To put this into proper perspective: Stop analyizing others...A serial killer needs not be analyized...nor does a terrorist...nor do stupid people...elimination is the simple solution...not rocket science! :scratch:

Uh... you live in a place free of natural disasters? Where might that be? I guess you don't need insurance where you live. You are a retard. BTW most of us have been paying our taxes to Uncle Sam just like you. We are bailing out an American city not Berlin. One day something will happen to your hometown and I will help. You are an American thus
my brother. :usa:

rcajun90 said:
Uh... you live in a place free of natural disasters? Where might that be? I guess you don't need insurance where you live. You are a retard. BTW most of us have been paying our taxes to Uncle Sam just like you. We are bailing out an American city not Berlin. One day something will happen to your hometown and I will help. You are an American thus
my brother. :usa:

my friend...I was relating my diatribe to the government...I assume you took all precautions to buffer your possible loss for your decision to live where you do...I also looked into where I live and what the possible loss would be for natural disastor...yes I have insurance and it is paid without concern as to what my loss would be as I live in a minimal loss area...pre checked!

archangel said:
my friend...I was relating my diatribe to the government...I assume you took all precautions to buffer your possible loss for your decision to live where you do...I also looked into where I live and what the possible loss would be for natural disastor...yes I have insurance and it is paid without concern as to what my loss would be as I live in a minimal loss area...pre checked!

Where do you live? Disney World? If a tornado rips through your area then you should move. :stupid:

rcajun90 said:
It's in a desert. Aren't you guys suppose to run out of water in 20 years?

i wouldn't know, as i live in the land of 10k *cough*liberals*cough* lakes .

actually, i just got back from Vegas and when we visited the hoover dam, the tour people told us that the snow from the mountains that melts every year, practically guarantees a water supply, though it varies from year to year.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i wouldn't know, as i live in the land of 10k *cough*liberals*cough* lakes .

actually, i just got back from Vegas and when we visited the hoover dam, the tour people told us that the snow from the mountains that melts every year, practically guarantees a water supply, though it varies from year to year.

Everyone loves Vegas but it is an unnatural city since it's located in the desert. I don't wish a disaster or shortage on anyone but the person from Nevada was suggesting again that we were stupid for living on the Gulf Coast and I got that he was saying that it was bound to happen. My point was is that there is no safe place on planet Earth. Bush said it best when he said, "I can't imagine an America without New Orleans". We've been here since 1718 and this was the first time this has happened. $hit happens no matter where you live. If you live on the Gulf then you expect hurricaines ( not like Katrina ), if you live on the West coast you can expect an earthquake etc...

I don't think it's stupid to live on the Gulf Coast, as long as you take the steps to protect yourself financialy for when the "day" came. What I do think is stupid is, expecting the Country to bail-out those that didn't take such steps, no matter the reason and expect total restoration. And W, for saying we will foot the BILL! BS..

I guess I'm with Arch...I don't know where the hell W thinks all this $$$$ is going to come from.

posted this in another thread but it fits here too

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college.

Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.

He responded by asking how she was doing in school. Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is you friend Audrey doing?" She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus, college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over. "

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Mr. P said:
I don't think it's stupid to live on the Gulf Coast, as long as you take the steps to protect yourself financialy for when the "day" came. What I do think is stupid is, expecting the Country to bail-out those that didn't take such steps, no matter the reason and expect total restoration. And W, for saying we will foot the BILL! BS..

I guess I'm with Arch...I don't know where the hell W thinks all this $$$$ is going to come from.

I agree with you. If you didn't have flood insurance like I've paid for 14 years then you shouldn't expect anyone to rebuild your house. I've never been flooded but you can bet I will pay my insurance again this year. Don't give handouts. Give incentives for businesses to relocate and boom! People will follow and have the means to build new homes. Let the people of New Orleans rebuild the city. Just give them the means to do it. It will be a far better place if you just give capitalism a kick in the rear and people go about their buisness.

manu1959 said:
posted this in another thread but it fits here too

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college.

Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.

He responded by asking how she was doing in school. Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is you friend Audrey doing?" She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus, college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over. "

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
That's one of my favorites....Can't rep ya, or I would. :thup:

rcajun90 said:
I agree with you. If you didn't have flood insurance like I've paid for 14 years then you shouldn't expect anyone to rebuild your house. I've never been flooded but you can bet I will pay my insurance again this year. Don't give handouts. Give incentives for businesses to relocate and boom! People will follow and have the means to build new homes. Let the people of New Orleans rebuild the city. Just give them the means to do it. It will be a far better place if you just give capitalism a kick in the rear and people go about their buisness.

Hopefully you will give you're welfare population, drug addicts and crime gangs incentive to return too. Build those projects and ghettos first, please. We have our own and can't afford yours.

archangel said:
this i have to agree with. we have something of the same sort here. down inthe davenport IA there is no flood wall, or dike, or anything like that. well guess what, its right on the mississippi river. and it floods. and the people it floods out keep going right back to build again inthe same place.
fuck em. how many times does it have to happen before fema says tough shit? i know they baught up alot of the acreage to stop people from doing it, but the hardcores just keep doing it.

Where is the EPA?----I've never seen a better opportunity to reclaim wetlands and save the taxpayers billions at the same time. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen Bush do.

Johnney said:
this i have to agree with. we have something of the same sort here. down inthe davenport IA there is no flood wall, or dike, or anything like that. well guess what, its right on the mississippi river. and it floods. and the people it floods out keep going right back to build again inthe same place.
fuck em. how many times does it have to happen before fema says tough shit? i know they baught up alot of the acreage to stop people from doing it, but the hardcores just keep doing it.

There is a difference. First New Orleans was founded in 1718 and this is the first time that this has happened. That's a pretty good record. How many quakes did California have this year? There are rules and regulations already in place where it is a low lying area. For example if you build in Grand Isle ( a low lying area right on the coast ) then your house must be raised because it is going to flood. Maybe that law should be applied to Orleans and other flood prone areas. Second and I've said this a billion times this week. New Orleans is the gateway to Mid-America. Trillion dollars worth of cars, grain oil etc flows in and out the port each day. I doubt if Davenport Iowa is as important economically to the country. Also where do you think the farmers of the Mid West send their grain to export? NEW ORLEANS! As you sit in your urban or rural midwest area enjoying your power know that at least 25% of it came through Orleans.

rcajun90 said:
There is a difference. First New Orleans was founded in 1718 and this is the first time that this has happened. That's a pretty good record. How many quakes did California have this year? There are rules and regulations already in place where it is a low lying area. For example if you build in Grand Isle ( a low lying area right on the coast ) then your house must be raised because it is going to flood. Maybe that law should be applied to Orleans and other flood prone areas. Second and I've said this a billion times this week. New Orleans is the gateway to Mid-America. Trillion dollars worth of cars, grain oil etc flows in and out the port each day. I doubt if Davenport Iowa is as important economically to the country. Also where do you think the farmers of the Mid West send their grain to export? NEW ORLEANS! As you sit in your urban or rural midwest area enjoying your power know that at least 25% of it came through Orleans.

Now you have temporarily been fortunate enough to have lost how many thousands of people from your welfare rolls? That outta be a huge boost right there but your politicians can't stop shoving money in their own pockets.

dilloduck said:
Where is the EPA?----I've never seen a better opportunity to reclaim wetlands and save the taxpayers billions at the same time. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen Bush do.
The heck with the EPA, where are all the Liberal enviromental folks?
I agree about Bush..since re-elected he has failed me..
SPEND, SPEND and SPEND some more.. :whip3:

Mr. P said:
The heck with the EPA, where are all the Liberal enviromental folks?
I agree about Bush..since re-elected he has failed me..
SPEND, SPEND and SPEND some more.. :whip3:

I always sorta thought of them all being in one big whiney bunch but then again I keep expecting them to be consistant in what they claim to be wanting too. :wtf:

dilloduck said:
Now you have temporarily been fortunate enough to have lost how many thousands of people from your welfare rolls? That outta be a huge boost right there but your politicians can't stop shoving money in their own pockets.

You see where I'm going with this. I refuse to call any people trash (God doesn't make trash) but the folks in the projects that were built in the 1960's have a mentallity that everyone owes them something. They are gone. Good luck to Houston and the other towns that took them in. Force them to start working and eventually they will become productive citizens of where they are. Sometimes simply changing their environment can do wonders. It was not uncommon to drive through the bad areas of Orleans and see young men of able bodies drinking a 40.0z at noon. America has been generous to these people and thank God for that but stop the handouts soon and put a shovel in those hands. They just might find that God has blessed them with talents that society needs. As far as Orleans, it will give the city a fresh start. As I stated before, New Orleans really never recovered from the civil war. We were the third world city in America.

God Bless Everyone
rcajun90 :eek2:

Forum List

Back