Enough B S! What is damaging in the speakers new bill?

No talking points. Keep it based in reality. Everyone on the left claims this bill will do great harm to our country. Put your money where your taking points are and point out the specifics of why this bill is bad for our nation.

Keep in mind most Americans won't care who the author is if its a good bill. So to simply say "its not bipartisan" isn't relative.

The last Boner bill text is unavailable??? The one he introduced friday had changes from the Tea Party I understand. That is the txt I want to see.

No, it's reduced for everyone but the reason is it's the largest of all tax deductions taken. Oh and the Dems are in agreement with this one.

I was unaware that its original core had been changed. But I guess it is at least fair. Although that now shows that this bill does infact raise taxes. I don't get it. Why not go after actual loopholes and make the tax code fair for all?

Oh and from what I read, second mortgages are exempt. I'm beginning to believe that neither party has the middle classes best interest at heart.

Wow if true. That just seems completely contrary to common sense.

Sigh

I read your previous posts and looked at your link. I failed to see the part where the cbo or gao claimed that the cuts were phantoms.

WHAAAAAAA??????? to the statement you just made!!!! :cuckoo:

You cut spending because your broke. Doh....

You don't seem to understand the concept of Boehner's bill.

Boehner Plan Doesn’t Cut Spending | Cato @ Liberty

The “cuts” in the Boehner plan are only cuts from the CBO baseline, which is an imaginary path of future spending designed as a planning tool for Congress. Boehner can propose to spend any amount in any future year he wants, and in this plan he choose to have a steadily rising spending path.

The Boehner plan also doesn’t cut spending in a more fundamental way. It doesn’t lay out any particular programs or agencies to terminate. I’m in favor of spending caps as a secondary enforcement mechanism, but actual cuts have to come first. A caps-only plan like Boehner’s just kicks the can down the road. At best, it simply nudges future legislators to actually cut something specific.

Furthermore, read what I said to Zoom and the edit I made to clarify my comments. Don't take my comments out of context.

This is not the final bill that the Tea Party signed onto. Boner had to make changes to accomidate their support in the Senate. That is the bill text we need to see. The one that got tabled friday.

It directly impacts me. It's my largest deduction which I can ill afford to lose and I'm sure the same is true for most middle class filers.

Did the GOP bother to state their reasoning behind getting rid of it?

Did the Democrats bother to state their reasoning for any provision of any bill they have passed in the last 5 years?

I am in favor of getting rid of the mortgage deduction, but only if we also lower rates across the board. The mortgage deduction distorts investments, pushing people to spend more on homes, which are relatively non-productive.

It directly impacts me. It's my largest deduction which I can ill afford to lose and I'm sure the same is true for most middle class filers.

Did the Democrats bother to state their reasoning for any provision of any bill they have passed in the last 5 years?

I am in favor of getting rid of the mortgage deduction, but only if we also lower rates across the board. The mortgage deduction distorts investments, pushing people to spend more on homes, which are relatively non-productive.

I'm sorry but I beg to differ. The jobs that are provided from each new home purchase or renovation generate far more tax revenue than is lost on the deduction. And most importantly it creates jobs. Updating, renovation, maintenance and the like. Homes are arguably the most productive investment in our country outside of new business start ups.

My opinion of course. But just your average bathroom upgrade runs in the tens of thousands. With taxes on top of that. And that's just one room. Home purchases are the ultimate trickle down providers.

Now if they "actually" lowered the tax rate to compensate then you'd get no argument out of me.

I'm sorry but I beg to differ. The jobs that are provided from each new home purchase or renovation generate far more tax revenue than is lost on the deduction. And most importantly it creates jobs. Updating, renovation, maintenance and the like. Homes are arguably the most productive investment in our country outside of new business start ups.

My opinion of course. But just your average bathroom upgrade runs in the tens of thousands. With taxes on top of that. And that's just one room. Home purchases are the ultimate trickle down providers.

Now if they "actually" lowered the tax rate to compensate then you'd get no argument out of me.

That is the old "multiplier" theory and it doesnt work. When the workmen are done, they are done. No more money. But the tax break goes on forever.
If the money that was borrowed instead went into a business then it would create a stream of revenue that could continue indefinitely.
Besides, why should housing get preferential treatment over other consumables?

That is the old "multiplier" theory and it doesnt work. When the workmen are done, they are done. No more money. But the tax break goes on forever.
If the money that was borrowed instead went into a business then it would create a stream of revenue that could continue indefinitely.
Besides, why should housing get preferential treatment over other consumables?

You may be right, you may be wrong. In the last 3 years my house has gotten a new bathroom, a new kitchen, a new furnace and outdoor air unit and most recently new appliances and carpet. That is a lot of revenue generated by labor (had I not done most of it)

A new roof will come soon I'm sure because of hail storms and next spring I want to contract out my landscaping to a professional. Homes generate constant income for a lot of people. Does it balance out the tac? Honestly I dunno but I do know it helps to create jobs. What other consumables besides auto create that kind of trickle down? Not many if any imo.

Now like I said if you want to lower the rate so that the stimulating effect is not lost I'm all for it. Otherwise you need to focus on cuts that don't effect so many in the economy.

Forum List

Back