Enough already!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
This past month has sadly been full of bickering on this board. Flame wars, PM wars, this one said that, that one said this, this one should be banned...

Please people, take a timeout. This board was built so that we all had a place to share our political views and crack a beer or a smoke while goofing off in the chat sections.

Here's the funny thing. I've written on this board countless times that if someone has a problem to email or PM me. Yet I either get 3rd hand information, or read a post about someone leaving the board.

I've made so many changes on this board based on user feedback. I've unbanned many users that have emailed me in a courteous manner and discussed things in a civil manner with me. I've created new forums at users requests. I've added options to the board. I've spoken with users that have gotten out of line (at others requests) and the flaming mostly subsided...

Why the lack of trust in me? Because I don't get to post as much as I like anymore? Have I let people down that sought out my assistance in the past?

Either way - I cannot help with what I'm not aware of!

Let's get back to basics:

Want to discuss politics? Look no further than the top half of the board.
Want to just chat and make some friends? Look to the bottom half of the board.
Someone piss you off and you want to go off on the board? Take a deep breath and go out for some fresh air!

But please, don't trash this board or condemn the moderators/admin, without making me aware of the issues. I've always done my best to make everyone happy and I'll continue to do so.

Issues? PM me or email me directly - [email protected]

Fuck you Jimmy, sorry couldn't think of anything better to add. :mm:

Nah you are right, I almost left the board about a month ago for some of the same reasons you mentioned, just got tired of always fighting over the same damn subjects again and again(although as you know I like a good fight now and then :dev1: ) but I guess in the end i've made a few good online friends so I decided to stay and just stick to my pet topics of queer marriage and racism. I've pretty much decided to stay out of the political race and WOT stuff until after the election because like I said it seems alot of poking sticks at the turd in the mud is happening and as we see shit changes from one side to the other on a daily basis this close to an election, it can make you crazy arguing every little point on every little topic in every little thread.

Just my two goddamn cents bro.

Well, for what it's worth, I think this is one of the best places anywhere; on or off the web. I have met some absolutely wonderful, good, honest, people that I would never have gotten to meet otherwise. People that I can call 'friend'. And true, there are a few who have rankled me, but that's the way with anybody. You can't/won't get along with EVERYONE.

I'm sorry to hear there is contention thru-out the board. I hope things will improve for you and your board. It IS a good thing.

Joz said:
Well, for what it's worth, I think this is one of the best places anywhere; on or off the web. I have met some absolutely wonderful, good, honest, people that I would never have gotten to meet otherwise. People that I can call 'friend'. And true, there are a few who have rankled me, but that's the way with anybody. You can't/won't get along with EVERYONE.

I'm sorry to hear there is contention thru-out the board. I hope things will improve for you and your board. It IS a good thing.

What she said.

i always got a fair shake from everybody, and considering damn near 90% of the board is more intelligent and has more common sense than me, that's pretty good. i like the board, its all i've got pretty much right now (work is real long and boring, leaves little time to get to enjoy japan right now) thanks jimmy for a great site with a lot of good people, and a hell of a lot of funny folks as well.

jimnyc said:
I love you too! :)

Steelers 3-1
San Fran 0-4

Ok man, yeah you got me there, its not going as good as I had hoped for with my beloved Niners, now all I have left is to hope that the ratbirds take a big shit dive which your damn Steelers could've helped out with except you guys took an ass whipping from those punks.

But anyway wasn't last night's game absolutely beautiful?

Forum List

Back