Enjoy the warming today!

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
In NYC it's supposed to hit 70 degrees for the first time all year. This is one of the top 10 longest times it's taken to crack 70. The record being in 1973 where it took until April 30 to crack 70 for the first time.

Yeah warmer weather!! I'm sick and tired of damp, drizzly and dreary. Cleaning windows and screens today -- let's let those allergens in! :D

Yeah warmer weather!! I'm sick and tired of damp, drizzly and dreary. Cleaning windows and screens today -- let's let those allergens in! :D

It won't last long. :(

By Sunday, temps plunge into the 50s and Monday and Tuesday, it'll be cold and rainy, probably won't get out of the 40s. :evil:

It won't last long. :(

By Sunday, temps plunge into the 50s and Monday and Tuesday, it'll be cold and rainy, probably won't get out of the 40s. :evil:

That's whats forecasted for us too (I live in NE PA). I like rainy weather but only when it's countered with bouts of nice weather. So yesterday, today, tomorrow and I think Sunday will be lots of dog walks. And yard work (while the enthusiasm lasts. ;))

Clearly the earth is warming rapidly and humanity is doomed!

well it is suposed to be 80+ out here on the left coast so mother nature must be trying to kill us first....

Not my left coast - we are stuck in the low 50s with rain and a cold front for the next 24 hours followed by marginal warming.

The Tulip festival had to be pushed back because no blooms yet - a local farmer was quoted as saying that has been the issue for the last few years - colder temperatures and increased rain.

well it is suposed to be 80+ out here on the left coast so mother nature must be trying to kill us first....

Not my left coast - we are stuck in the low 50s with rain and a cold front for the next 24 hours followed by marginal warming.

The Tulip festival had to be pushed back because no blooms yet - a local farmer was quoted as saying that has been the issue for the last few years - colder temperatures and increased rain.

all my tulips have bloomed about half have already dropped......

all my tulips have bloomed about half have already dropped......

Lucky!

You must be further south.

Up my way, it's been a looooooooong cold fall-winter-spring...

I think this is the fifth year in a row the Tulip Festival has been delayed here. One year it almost didn't happen at all. We got sun today, but for how long, yesterday started off sunny then out of nowhere rain and cold again.

Rain today in Portland, supposed to be near 70 tomorrow, near or 80 Sunday and Monday. Then back top the 50s.

I never much cared for Portland.

Seattle is marginally better.

Vancouver BC is top-notch though...

Rain today in Portland, supposed to be near 70 tomorrow, near or 80 Sunday and Monday. Then back top the 50s.

20 years ago Seattle was awesome ... but with bad choices and the "green" movement ruining us we suck now.

Yes - it used to be a strongly independent kind of place. In the 1990s it started to really move hard left. I had a friend whose business that was nearly destroyed during those idiotic WTO riots. He had been at his location for nearly 15 years before that day, and while he continued on for a couple years after, he sold out and moved on. I remember him saying to me about the WTO experience, "I hat this fu--ing city. Hippy scumbags ruined it." He was a former Vietnam Vet and had gone to college in the still-radical early 70's era, but Seattle had become too much for him to stomach.

He moved to Central Oregon and has never looked back.

Seattle reminds me of that song with the line "Dead-head sticker on a Cadillac." That is Seattle.

Portland would be a "Dead-head sticker on a mountain bike..."

20 years ago Seattle was awesome ... but with bad choices and the "green" movement ruining us we suck now.

Yes - it used to be a strongly independent kind of place. In the 1990s it started to really move hard left. I had a friend whose business that was nearly destroyed during those idiotic WTO riots. He had been at his location for nearly 15 years before that day, and while he continued on for a couple years after, he sold out and moved on. I remember him saying to me about the WTO experience, "I hat this fu--ing city. Hippy scumbags ruined it." He was a former Vietnam Vet and had gone to college in the still-radical early 70's era, but Seattle had become too much for him to stomach.

Seattle reminds me of that song with the line "Dead-head sticker on a Cadillac." That is Seattle.

I miss the independent decades. I grew up during those times, when people were thinkers and the state and city government didn't knee jerk everything that went through. Well, at least we are now a great example of what happens when environuts are given too much power. Word to the wise, don't let your cities turn into what Seattle has, stop the environmental policies before they ruin the whole country. The funny thing (well sad really but gotta laugh at it to make it sting less) is that in spite of all this environmental crap we had forced on us, our city is gray as hell and we have almost no clean air left, even as far as Kent it's hard to breath.

My first tulips bloomed today. That particular bunch is under the dryer exhaust so they warm up quicker. The rest have buds and are ready to explode but if it cools down again on Monday it looks like they will be further delayed. Pity the poor runners at the Boston Matathon this Monday. If all this cooling keeps up I would advise them to move the race to May.

I miss the independent decades. I grew up during those times, when people were thinkers and the state and city government didn't knee jerk everything that went through. Well, at least we are now a great example of what happens when environuts are given too much power. Word to the wise, don't let your cities turn into what Seattle has, stop the environmental policies before they ruin the whole country. The funny thing (well sad really but gotta laugh at it to make it sting less) is that in spite of all this environmental crap we had forced on us, our city is gray as hell and we have almost no clean air left, even as far as Kent it's hard to breath.

Gray as hell, huh? Must be fate stepping in and doing justice for all the lying.

Sheesh. The tulips at the base of the big paulonia trees have been blooming for a week. The plum tree at the end of the deck is in full bloom, the pink dogwood at the other corner is getting ready to bloom, the grape vine is starting to leaf out. And I mowed the moss in the back yard for the first time this year. About two weeks later than prior years.

Sheesh. The tulips at the base of the big paulonia trees have been blooming for a week. The plum tree at the end of the deck is in full bloom, the pink dogwood at the other corner is getting ready to bloom, the grape vine is starting to leaf out. And I mowed the moss in the back yard for the first time this year. About two weeks later than prior years.

2 weeks later, huh? That would be about right given the cool off period required during a solar minimum.

Forum List

Back