English – The Official Language of the USA

S. 678: A bill to declare English as the official language of the United States, to establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization, and to avoid misconstructions of the English language texts of the laws of the United States, pursuant to Congress’ powers to provide for the general welfare of the United States and to establish a uniform rule of naturalization under article I, section 8, of the Constitution.

Introduced by Senator Inhofe and sent to committee Mar 9, 2015

I appreciate that we have a diverse American society. But, official correspondence and material should be written by the language of the majority of American citizens – and that's English.

There's a real easy way to figure out the official language of a country: street signs.

Standardized English for road signs to help foreign tourists The Japan Times

S. 678: A bill to declare English as the official language of the United States, to establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization, and to avoid misconstructions of the English language texts of the laws of the United States, pursuant to Congress’ powers to provide for the general welfare of the United States and to establish a uniform rule of naturalization under article I, section 8, of the Constitution.

Introduced by Senator Inhofe and sent to committee Mar 9, 2015

I appreciate that we have a diverse American society. But, official correspondence and material should be written by the language of the majority of American citizens – and that's English.
Obviously you and Inhofe are ignorant of Constitutional case law, where establishing an 'official language' violates the First Amendment. (Ruiz v. Hull)

Of course Hispanic Americans will once again acknowledge republicans' unwarranted hostility toward diversity, and Americans in general will acknowledge the right's contempt for the Constitution.

Aren't those 'unalienable rights' bothersome, though! Maybe the 1A can be out done by the 2A.

Forum List

Back