English speaking required

There wasn't a Polish equivalent to Telemundo. ....

Millions of Polish immigrants came here before television existed, genius.

Polish Immigration

"The majority Polish immigrants were Roman Catholics. They tended to stick together in large groups of Polish settlers. ... For the most part the Poles clustered in tight groups in the cities. They continued with their religion, setting up huge churches that were greatly attended. The church was the center of the community where a Pole could discuss social problems, religious beliefs, etc. The Poles felt strongly about their churches. They kept the services in Polish, celebrated Polish holidays and kept Polish saints alive. The Polish culture needed to have Polish churches. Without their own churches the Poles believed they would lose their identity.

In the Polish household, the family's main purpose was to put food on the table and keep everyone clothed. Everyone in the household worked from sunrise to eight, including children and mothers. Poles without special skills were forced to work in the unsanitary and unsafe industrial factories. For the first time in history, Polish mothers were the heads of the household. These mothers were responsible for raising children, and keeping the house clean. Many mothers also supported the family by taking in boarders, and doing laundry.

Polish families did little about education, a luxury at the time, which helped account for their reputation. Very few Poles went to college, or received high paying jobs. They did the dirty work, the menial tasks in the city, but many immigrants were thrilled to be working for in Poland they had been unemployed for years. They were tremendous at saving money. Between 1900 and 1914, Polish Americans sent anaverage of 4 million dollars a year back to Poland."

Sound familiar?

Do you comprehend "industrial revolution"? 100 yrs ago? lol. When the unemployment number was 5% average. You say we needed them then, I agree. Now we have a actual unemployment number of about 20% or more. Show me what good will flooding this country with unskilled or skilled or more h1B1 visas will help
sustain our middle class. You know...the part of the population that built the economy we had from just after WW1 to 1970?? I suppose you havent heard of the dwindling middle class.
You just dont get it uncle terrio.

Ty OldGlory.
Yes, ik that about him. Always insults and very little fact but gets away with it because he give money to this site and is why I never will.

Don't hold your breath for him to address your valid points. Just be prepared for more profanity and personal attacks instead. I suspect he is suffering from xenophilia.

Ty OldGlory.
Yeah, ik that about him and dont xpect anything else. He ives money to this site so is allowed to say anything without worry and that is why I will never give a stinking red cent to this site.

.They....demand respect from anglos? Really? What is wrong with THAT picture?

What's wrong is you imagining that you, of all people represent all "anglos" [sic]. Nobody "demands," or even gives a shit, about anything from some faceless, generic racist like you, biddy.
Do you think it not rude to speak in an unknown tongue, wherefore those around you understand not what you say ....

If someone is not talking TO you, it's none of your fucking business what they say. Is it "rude" for people to have a private conversation in public without making sure some insecure, ignorant busybody like you can eavesdrop? If two people are speaking to each other in English, but too softly for you to listen in, do you demand they speak up so you don't miss anything? Who the fuck are you? Your insecurity is nobody's problem but your own.
Aside from all your ignorant cursing and drama queen antics in which you project in your conversations here, I will agree that it is none of peoples business what people are talking about sure, but it all just goes back to respecting each other in the public space, and caring about how one may not understand you if you are loud and arrogant when you speak, and especially when speaking in an unknown tongue, so as you said maybe tone it down just a bit or to a level that is respectful between the people who are having a conversation with each other, and that doesn't include others if it isn't what the people conversing want when they are conversing. There are still national security implications that suggest it best to understand each other in this nation as best as we can these days, and this instead of us moving more and more toward not having the ability to understand people who are here or them to understand us just as well. In the Bible where it is speaking about the unknown tongues, it also speaks about exactly what you said about privacy, where as if a person speaks in an unknown tongue, then that person speaketh directly to God, and if he pray in an unknown tongue then the same applies, so it best to speak in privacy when doing these things, because if the Church is hearing these things as they are being spoken, then it will not be lifted up as the understanding is not known, but rather to have an interpreter present if speak into the open in so that the entire Church can be lifted up as well. I will say again that how shall the troops ready themselves for the battle, if the trump gives off an unknown sound or how shall the harp be distinguished from the trump if their sound is not recognized as specific ?

Here uncle terrio:
For many immigrants arriving in the U.S., maintaining ties with their countries and cultures is becoming easier. Their countries, it seems, are coming straight to their doorstep.
Increasingly, Hispanics "have access to their cultural heritage and language through product and service offerings that are targeted to the Latino community," according to Hispanic Research Inc.
Take Pizza Patron, a new Mexican-themed pizza joint opening up in Fresno, California. "From the colorful decor to some of the pizza ingredients, which include Mexican-style chorizo sausage, Pizza Patron is committed to serving the Hispanic market," according to an article by The Business Journal.
Since 2007 all Pizza Patron restaurants accept Mexican Pesos (bills only) as payment. The Dallas-based pizzeria seeking to open franchises in predominantly Hispanic communities throughout the nation and hire bilingual managers and sales teams.
The Latino population continues to grow in the U.S. -- hitting 50.5 million people in 2010-- and to incorporate itself in the American mainstream. Yet, as more Latinos seek to keep strong bonds to their home countries and cultures, there is increasing uncertainty as to whether assimilation is in fact a possibility.
A recent study by The University of Southern California "Assimilation Tomorrow: How America's Immigrants Will Integrate by 2030", reinforces the notion that Latinos will assimilate and integrate more fully into American society in the next 20 years.
The percentage of immigrants speaking English well or very well is projected to rise from 57.5 percent in the year 2000 to 70.3 percent by 2030, according to the study.
Still, despite predictions of the future integration of Latinos in the U.S., many communities increasingly reflect their home countries.
Take, for instance, New York's Jackson Heights neighborhood in Queens, under the tracks of the Roosevelt Avenue elevated train. A row of restaurants with Spanish names such as "La Nueva Colombia," "El Meson Colombiano" and "La Pequena Colombia" sell chorizo and morcilla sausage, arepas and other traditional foods from Colombia. The community is home to nearly 14,000 Colombians.
Parts of Manhattan are no different. "Hispanic families have been settling in East Harlem for decades, of course, but what's new is how they're going about changing community trends", according to Real Estate Weekly which refers to "Mexico Lindo," a bakery on Second Avenue near 116th Street in New York that sells Mexican treats.
And with newer generations of U.S.-born Latinos, assimilation will be a challenge. Instead, some predict the birth a new identity.
"This multigenerational dynamic will see more U.S. born Latinos creating a new identity and opportunities, while still nurturing their connection to their broader Spanish dominant base (many of them parents, and family)," Roberto Ramos, CEO of VOX Collective , said in a blog for HuffPost. "Spanish-dominant and recent arrivals Hispanics will still play a significant if somewhat lesser role, and they will benefit from the greater access procured by a new generation of U.S. born Latinos."

Get that uncle terrio??? pizza patron excepts PESO'S! That ok with you?
All cool just as long as we don't relive Santa Ana coming at us again, while our culture is trapped in the Alamo being trampled upon. I mean look if we can assimilate like we should try to in America then fine, but it is up to all who want to be here, and to try and live here together in peace in order to make it all work out for us all, but if we have to many radicals climbing on a band wagon, and then winning the day over the main groups and their core strengths, then we will have a problem. Cutting down the language barrier is just one way to help assimilate us all together, and you all should know that would help matters right ? I mean it couldn't hurt to always be thinking in these ways in order to grow America strong and united just as we all should be in America.

There wasn't a Polish equivalent to Telemundo. ....

Millions of Polish immigrants came here before television existed, genius.

Polish Immigration

"The majority Polish immigrants were Roman Catholics. They tended to stick together in large groups of Polish settlers. ... For the most part the Poles clustered in tight groups in the cities. They continued with their religion, setting up huge churches that were greatly attended. The church was the center of the community where a Pole could discuss social problems, religious beliefs, etc. The Poles felt strongly about their churches. They kept the services in Polish, celebrated Polish holidays and kept Polish saints alive. The Polish culture needed to have Polish churches. Without their own churches the Poles believed they would lose their identity.

In the Polish household, the family's main purpose was to put food on the table and keep everyone clothed. Everyone in the household worked from sunrise to eight, including children and mothers. Poles without special skills were forced to work in the unsanitary and unsafe industrial factories. For the first time in history, Polish mothers were the heads of the household. These mothers were responsible for raising children, and keeping the house clean. Many mothers also supported the family by taking in boarders, and doing laundry.

Polish families did little about education, a luxury at the time, which helped account for their reputation. Very few Poles went to college, or received high paying jobs. They did the dirty work, the menial tasks in the city, but many immigrants were thrilled to be working for in Poland they had been unemployed for years. They were tremendous at saving money. Between 1900 and 1914, Polish Americans sent anaverage of 4 million dollars a year back to Poland."

Sound familiar?

Do you comprehend "industrial revolution"? 100 yrs ago? lol. When the unemployment number was 5% average. You say we needed them then, I agree. Now we have a actual unemployment number of about 20% or more. Show me what good will flooding this country with unskilled or skilled or more h1B1 visas will help
sustain our middle class. You know...the part of the population that built the economy we had from just after WW1 to 1970?? I suppose you havent heard of the dwindling middle class.
You just dont get it uncle terrio.

Ty OldGlory.
Yes, ik that about him. Always insults and very little fact but gets away with it because he give money to this site and is why I never will.

Don't hold your breath for him to address your valid points. Just be prepared for more profanity and personal attacks instead. I suspect he is suffering from xenophilia.

Ty OldGlory.
Yeah, ik that about him and dont xpect anything else. He ives money to this site so is allowed to say anything without worry and that is why I will never give a stinking red cent to this site.

If that's true then that's just plain wrong. Expressing yourself with profanity and personal attacks should not be acceptable no matter who you are.

We need Big Gubmint to tell us what language to speak.

No we don't. We need people in this country who will show respect for our national language by learning it and speaking rather than babbling loudly in public in a foreign language.

WTH is a Gubmint? Your attempt at making fun of people is duly noted.

No we don't. We need people in this country who will show respect for our national language by learning it and speaking rather than babbling loudly in public in a foreign language.

Your support for government power at the expense of individual liberty and freedom is noted.

Your support for government power at the expense of individual liberty and freedom is noted.
That power is supposed to be limited, and it is supposed to work to lift up this nation, not instead tear it down or lay waste to it. If we had a government that worked for the American people like it is supposed to, then we should have no fear of it using it's power to protect us. Most don't trust what the governments been doing for quite sometime now, and that is a shame that we have such an out of touch government that has run wild in this nation now. Federal judges I think are incompetent anymore, and this by the way's in which they are ruling these days.. WOW!

[ We need people in this country who will show respect for our national language by learning it and speaking rather than babbling loudly in public in a foreign language.

"Respect"?

What language people speak when they are not speaking to you is none of your fucking business. I'm quite certain most immigrants work harder at improving their English than you do. Your buddy Windbag can't string together a single sentence in proper English to save his life, but it doesn't stop him from shooting off his big mouth.

it all just goes back to respecting each other in the public space, and caring about how one may not understand you if you are loud and arrogant when you speak, and especially when speaking in an unknown tongue, so as you said maybe tone it down just a bit or to a level that is respectful between the people who are having a conversation with each other, and that doesn't include others if it isn't what the people conversing want when they are conversing.

Have I mentioned that it's NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS? You should stop using the word "respect" so often, because you clearly don't know what it means.

if the Church is hearing these things as they are being spoken, then it will not be lifted up as the understanding is not known, but rather to have an interpreter present if speak into the open in so that the entire Church can be lifted up as well.

Like the Latin mass, genius?

I will say again that how shall the troops ready themselves for the battle

Our actual troops study other languages quite assiduously.

Children in school study other languages.

You have some fantasy about your own personal ignorance and resulting insecurity being a matter of national urgency. It's not; it is just one among many of your personal shortcomings.

I wonder what other languages those who apparently are opposed to "immigrants" fully assimilating to English out in mainstream speak? I doubt we will get an honest answer if an answer at all. Wouldn't be Spanish now would it? Naw.........................

Even though Big Gubmint should stay out of people's lives and not mandate what language people should speak, people in America who can't speak English are fools for not learning to speak English. Or, at least not making sure their kids speak English.

The world is learning English so they can have more opportunities. That some in this country aren't is mind-boggling.

Even though Big Gubmint should stay out of people's lives and not mandate what language people should speak, people in America who can't speak English are fools for not learning to speak English. Or, at least not making sure their kids speak English.

The world is learning English so they can have more opportunities. That some in this country aren't is mind-boggling.

It's "government" not gubmint. Stop demonizing. I agree that "immigrants" should learn English but more importantly speak it. No one is suggesting that it be a government mandate. It's about respect for the country that they chose to migrate to. If you don't want to fit in with our society then don't come here or get out. I don't care what language one chooses to speak at home. Where I live I feel like I'm living in Mexico when I go out in public.

Last edited:
people in America who can't speak English are fools for not learning to speak English. Or, at least not making sure their kids speak English.

And no one knows that better than immigrants from non-English speaking countries.

I don't care what language one chooses to speak at home. Where I live I feel like I'm living in Mexico when I go out in public.

Then don't go out in public, because unless they are talking TO you it is none of your fucking business what language people speak to each other. Respect? Yeeeeaaaaaah....

Forum List

Back