English speaking required

Why waste time with this silly emoting? Get real. The Supreme Court has already decided on the items on your little list. Stop wallowing in emotional bullshit that will never have a basis in reality and focus on practical issues.

The only practical thing that matters is if you don't belong here GTFO NOW.

Got all those emotions out of your system now? :rolleyes:

Again, a distinction must be born in mind between legal and illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants should not be here regardless of what language they speak.

I agree that illegals should be gone and the language they speak is irrelevant due to their status. Taxpayers shouldn't have to fund programs so someone that chose to come here legally can learn Enhglish. I'm not saying such programs shouldn't be in place just not taxpayer funded. If I take a class on a subject I don't know, I pay.

I agree. It shouldn't be taxpayer funded. They need to learn English but not at our expense. They spent money following the process to come here then they should be prepared to pay for their own English classes and you are right if an American takes elective classes they have to pay for them themselves. If I were to choose to migrate to another county to live I would prior to that process at least have a passable grasp on that country's dominant language. Unless policy changes though the taxpayer is stuck with it. At least I can express my views without one -liner insults and add something to the debate whether one agrees with me or not.

ESL Fencing & Fishing

America is proud of its multi-culturalism (i.e., Chinatown, San Francisco). Its education policies reflect this in many respects.

If you look at French-Canada (i.e., Quebec), you see social opportunities of multi-lingual confluence as well as mercantile intrigue...

America claims that its brand of multi-culturalism is more lucrative than those of other nations. Hence, 'street-talk' about populism in America should reflect this claim. Maybe the African-American comic book avatar Green Lantern John Stewart (DC Comics) serves as evidence of American investments in multi-racial experience.

Imagine you're an English professor at a prestigious American Ivy League school such as Dartmouth College (Hanover, New Hampshire) teaching a course on Arthurian legends (i.e., Mordred, the fabled nemesis of Camelot). Would you be impressed or burdened by a classroom racial composition that compels students to inquire of a 'racial-oral personalization' of the culture lessons taught in the course? What if an African-American student in your class who speaks Ebonics (African-American English) insists on writing poems about Mordred that go something like "Mordred, tha phat gangsta of war, undermining the fabrique of Camelot cool!" instead of something like "Mordred, the challenger of Arthurian tales, undermining the textiles of formal Camelot communiques!"

This issue requires a melding of topics related to publicity and personalization (i.e., populism rhetoric).

:afro:

ESL

mordred.jpg

ESL Fencing & Fishing

America is proud of its multi-culturalism (i.e., Chinatown, San Francisco). Its education policies reflect this in many respects.

If you look at French-Canada (i.e., Quebec), you see social opportunities of multi-lingual confluence as well as mercantile intrigue...

America claims that its brand of multi-culturalism is more lucrative than those of other nations. Hence, 'street-talk' about populism in America should reflect this claim. Maybe the African-American comic book avatar Green Lantern John Stewart (DC Comics) serves as evidence of American investments in multi-racial experience.

Imagine you're an English professor at a prestigious American Ivy League school such as Dartmouth College (Hanover, New Hampshire) teaching a course on Arthurian legends (i.e., Mordred, the fabled nemesis of Camelot). Would you be impressed or burdened by a classroom racial composition that compels students to inquire of a 'racial-oral personalization' of the culture lessons taught in the course? What if an African-American student in your class who speaks Ebonics (African-American English) insists on writing poems about Mordred that go something like "Mordred, tha phat gangsta of war, undermining the fabrique of Camelot cool!" instead of something like "Mordred, the challenger of Arthurian tales, undermining the textiles of formal Camelot communiques!"

This issue requires a melding of topics related to publicity and personalization (i.e., populism rhetoric).

ESL

View attachment 38274
I did not understand this.

I am content that it remain so.

ESL Fencing & Fishing

ESL

View attachment 38274

What load of crap that post was.

ESL Fencing & Fishing

ESL

View attachment 38274
I did not understand this.

I am content that it remain so.

Alas, you are condemned to sit with the 99.99% of us who find that particular poster an enigma wrapped in a cryptic mystery.

Forum List

Back