English Premier League and La Liga Football

What glasshouse is that to which you refer? I'm not aware of Britain or Spain having won a major sporting event through corrupt voting. I could be wrong, of course.

Damn! I was answering you and just missed City's fourth against Spurs. Boy, are our lads looking good?!

not as good as Man U :lol:

Bye bye Arsenal ....

How very you, Pete. I think if you watched both games you'd admit that City winning away 5-1 against Spurs was every bit as good as ManUre's big home win. Edin Dzeko was certainly the best player between the two games. Spurs were bad, but Arsenal were absolutely appalling. Don't forget, United beat Spurs at home last week by only 3-0.

I'm as happy as happy can be. It looks like the Premiership might be decided by the Manchester derbies. Bring it on!

Actually I was commenting on that the Man City result would have been the big news of the day and Match of the Day and deserved so... however an 8-2 between two of the traditional top 4 teams with a hatrick for an Englishman would always be the bigger news story.

But yes, Arsenal were horrible where as Tottenham at least tried to play.

Arsenal are just dreadful.

I have always admired Arsenal, but they are getting ripped to shreds.

In the last 15 EPL matches, they have won 2 and drawn 7.

They will be mid-table unless they dramatically improve.

And Wenger should pay up and get Cahill FFS.

Arsenal are in a rut. Remember they had 8 first team players out either with injury or bans.

But yes, Wenger needs to SPEND and considering the amount of money he should have, then he should use some of the money to get a quality defender.. well any defender that is over 26 who has experience at the top level. He also needs a playmaker midfielder type, and there are plenty out there.....

but he is getting a new player.. a South Korean talent.. another fucking talent.

Arsenal's troubles are 100% because of Wenger not wanting to spend.

Arsenal are just dreadful.

I have always admired Arsenal, but they are getting ripped to shreds.

In the last 15 EPL matches, they have won 2 and drawn 7.

They will be mid-table unless they dramatically improve.

And Wenger should pay up and get Cahill FFS.

Arsenal are in a rut. Remember they had 8 first team players out either with injury or bans.

But yes, Wenger needs to SPEND and considering the amount of money he should have, then he should use some of the money to get a quality defender.. well any defender that is over 26 who has experience at the top level. He also needs a playmaker midfielder type, and there are plenty out there.....

but he is getting a new player.. a South Korean talent.. another fucking talent.

Arsenal's troubles are 100% because of Wenger not wanting to spend.

Agreed. Cultivating young talent is one thing, and a good thing, but surely secondary to putting out a team that can win matches, not in the future, but in the present. He has funds to spend although the Arsenal wage policy, while appealing to the likes of Kroenke and Platini, makes attracting top talent to the club more difficult. Without top talent you cannot win consistently. It is 80% Wenger's fault, or rather his ego's fault, and 20% the Arsenal board's fault for their stupid wage structure.

Clough is no match for the big Alex...we had Clough at Brighton and he was a ffing complete failure .....sorry but say NO to Clough,he was just a big mouth..thetor:eusa_drool:
What is boring though are all these now rich premier league clubs,who pay far too much for players and often have totally corrupt owners.

Me I'm a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter through thick and thin.........I have met a lot of Man City,Chelsea and Liverpool supporters lately who have never been to an actual game.......what I call synthetic supporters of synthetic teams,you know the ones who have to buy any trophies that they might win.

Apart from Man U,who have the Greatest Manager in the World and have done for 30 years.I am not a Man U supporter but I do appreciate Brilliance and Sir Alex is that.!!!!!

thetor:razz:

You'll meet far more United fans who've never been to OT. Yes, Bacon Face is the second or third best manager in English football history, I'd still place Clough and Paisley above him.

City fans, while there might be a few band-wagon jumpers leaping aboard at the moment, have stuck with City through thin and thinner. Thirty thousand attendances for a team in the third division, don't forget. I think that's why the fans of other teams I meet, while hating all this big spending, don't begrudge the City fans their current salad days.

God forbid City supporters ever start to take success for granted or behave in the graceless and arrogant way United 'fans' have always behaved. If you dropped into a few of the City fan forums after the Community Shield match you would have read many, many Citizens praising the commitment and concentration of the United players; playing to the very end, never sitting back, never admitting defeat. I think our players learned a lot from that narrow defeat.

Clough is no match for the big Alex...we had Clough at Brighton and he was a ffing complete failure .....sorry but say NO to Clough,he was just a big mouth..thetor:eusa_drool:

Well, Clough achieved what he achieved (2 European Cups, 2 League Championships, 4 League Cups and European Super Cup) with virtually zero funds, whereas Ferguson has been consistently one of the biggest-spending managers in English football history. True, Clough did not achieve much with Brighton, but then, neither has anyone else. Ever.

What does this have to do with politics?? In case you hadn't heard, every thread here is supposed to digress into some ridiculous political catfight wingnut BS. At least that's my impression based on what I've seen. So let's begin:

Obama sucks!

No wait Bush sucks!

No wait both!

The left sucks! The right sucks! blah de blah de blah!!!!

:clap2::clap2:

:eek::cuckoo::eusa_pray::eusa_whistle::eusa_drool::confused:

etc etc

Oh, and just a quick note. I want to wish good luck to Granada CF for their first Primera División fixture in many, many years. Granada is my local team and everyone here is very excited and very nervous about the coming season. ¡Vamos El Graná! A home tie against also-promoted Betis is as good an intro to the top flight as you could wish. I hope it's successful!

they just won against the yellow submarine, but i am sure that you know that already :lol:

Oh, and just a quick note. I want to wish good luck to Granada CF for their first Primera División fixture in many, many years. Granada is my local team and everyone here is very excited and very nervous about the coming season. ¡Vamos El Graná! A home tie against also-promoted Betis is as good an intro to the top flight as you could wish. I hope it's successful!

they just won against the yellow submarine, but i am sure that you know that already :lol:

And Real Madrid lost to Levante... a team they beat 8-0 last time

Crybaby Murinho is blaming everyone including his own players...hahahah.

Malaga and Barcalona won, and Valencia top the table.

And Man City threw away a 2-0 lead to a fighting Fulham. Chealski lost to Man United and Arsenal lost yet again. Liverpool had a reallly bad day at the office and kudos to Tottenham for some nice football.

Are Barcelona starting to look bored with themselves? I watched the Valencia - Barca game last night and thought the Azulgrana looked uninterested for all but the last 15 minutes. Valencia looked really good, very committed and were the better side. Also interesting to note, Betis and Levante doing so well. Shame about Granada.

And Real Madrid lost to Levante... a team they beat 8-0 last time

Crybaby Murinho is blaming everyone including his own players...hahahah.

Malaga and Barcalona won, and Valencia top the table.

And Man City threw away a 2-0 lead to a fighting Fulham. Chealski lost to Man United and Arsenal lost yet again. Liverpool had a reallly bad day at the office and kudos to Tottenham for some nice football.

Mourinho is a tool

All these premadonnas are paid too much:cool:
Are Barcelona starting to look bored with themselves? I watched the Valencia - Barca game last night and thought the Azulgrana looked uninterested for all but the last 15 minutes. Valencia looked really good, very committed and were the better side. Also interesting to note, Betis and Levante doing so well. Shame about Granada.

Well Andaluz the Americans only invented Baseball after they played CRICKET,but during the American Civil War both sides found that Cricket took too long to get a result,thus invented Baseball which is only a version of the ENGLISH game of ROUNDERS,you need to brush up on your history.

As for Grid Iron,its a Pussies game all that padding,you should try Rugby or the world toughest and MOST skillful game...AUSTRALIAN RULES FOOTBALL.

I'm sure Basketball was around before Americans played it,SO AMERICA REALLY INVENTED NOTHING.:clap2::cool: When I think about it.
England proper just simply doesn't have the athletes.

They don't play basketball, they don't play baseball, they don't play American football, they don't play ice hockey- they are really out of the loop not playing sports most of the rest of the world plays. - they haven't had a male tennis player win Wimbledon since the 1930s, they don't do well in the Summer or Winter Olympcs - not even in golf (N.Ireland gets all the glory there.)

And England -by itself - isn't that great in soccer either.

Don't follow cricket or rugby - does England do well in those?

That's a very US-centric view on the world of sport. You could say the same of the US and it's non-participation in several of the most popular sports on the planet - cricket is played by far more nations than is baseball. Formula One racing has a greater reach and audience (by far) than any US form of motor racing. Rugby is more widely played than ice hockey, and please don't try to compare the world's most popular sport with American Football, that's like comparing Shakespeare with Peanuts. Check this out.

Great Britain was fourth in the 2008 summer Olympics medal table ahead of Germany, Japan, France and Italy all of whom have bigger populations. If you adjust the figures for population size, GB came second to Australia. True, they don't perform well at the winter games, but that's because the UK gets snow for about one week a year and has no ski resorts, no sled-runs, few ice rinks and doesn't play ice hockey. Brazil doesn't do too well at the winter olympics either.

As for football, the league played in England is the most successful football league in the world in terms of audience and income. The English national team is much less successful. I think I covered that in my earlier post.

Oh, and by the way, currently the top two golfers in the world by the Official World Ranking System are English.

Brits can't stand to play sports that were developed by Americans - basketball, baseball and American football.

Thats why they don't play them.

BTW - the top 2 ranked golfers in the world are from Northern Ireland- not England.

America took up a sport the rest of the world plays - soccer.......

Last edited:
Well Andaluz the Americans only invented Baseball after they played CRICKET,but during the American Civil War both sides found that Cricket took too long to get a result,thus invented Baseball which is only a version of the ENGLISH game of ROUNDERS,you need to brush up on your history.

As for Grid Iron,its a Pussies game all that padding,you should try Rugby or the world toughest and MOST skillful game...AUSTRALIAN RULES FOOTBALL.

I'm sure Basketball was around before Americans played it,SO AMERICA REALLY INVENTED NOTHING.:clap2::cool: When I think about it.
That's a very US-centric view on the world of sport. You could say the same of the US and it's non-participation in several of the most popular sports on the planet - cricket is played by far more nations than is baseball. Formula One racing has a greater reach and audience (by far) than any US form of motor racing. Rugby is more widely played than ice hockey, and please don't try to compare the world's most popular sport with American Football, that's like comparing Shakespeare with Peanuts. Check this out.

Great Britain was fourth in the 2008 summer Olympics medal table ahead of Germany, Japan, France and Italy all of whom have bigger populations. If you adjust the figures for population size, GB came second to Australia. True, they don't perform well at the winter games, but that's because the UK gets snow for about one week a year and has no ski resorts, no sled-runs, few ice rinks and doesn't play ice hockey. Brazil doesn't do too well at the winter olympics either.

As for football, the league played in England is the most successful football league in the world in terms of audience and income. The English national team is much less successful. I think I covered that in my earlier post.

Oh, and by the way, currently the top two golfers in the world by the Official World Ranking System are English.

Brits can't stand to play sports that were developed by Americans - basketball, baseball and American football.

BTW - the top 2 ranked golfers in the world are from Northern Ireland- not England.

Never mind the borish Americans slagging others' sports. Basketball was invented by a Canadian in Springfield Massachusetts. Football is a more violent sport than rugby. Nobody cares about Aussie Rules. That's what happens when you live on the other side of the planet!

O but Toro Australian Rules,Rules OK.........for sheer athleticism,there is no finer game..you should check it out.
Toro is it true of that fine Native Canadian game lacrosse,which Australia too play so well...that when there is the equivilent of a world cup(different countries playing in the same tournament)that a Native Canadian team is also included????????????I'm sure I've read this some where.

Liverpool NO WAY,last night they only managed to beat my team Brighton and Hove Albion 2v1 in the Carling League Cup.

Methinks that they will finish 5th this year which isn't bad,as for Arsenal,I think its time for a New Manager....Arsne is looking very drained at the moment.just saying:cool:

Never mind the borish Americans slagging others' sports. Basketball was invented by a Canadian in Springfield Massachusetts. Football is a more violent sport than rugby. Nobody cares about Aussie Rules. That's what happens when you live on the other side of the planet!

No dont think it is "bored with themselves". Valencia played very well yesterday and deserve all the credit of that. As I have stated elsewhere, Valencia are a team this season with no big stars (unlike with Mata and Villa) and it shows. Add to that the self destruct of Real Madrid and what I talk about below, and Valencia along with Malaga can press the top two for a long period this season.

On top of that Barca is a phase where things that usually dont go wrong, go wrong. They have scored more own goals than the opposition has been able to score.. basically the usual Barca luck is on the fritz.

New Topics

Forum List

Back