England is beginning to look a lot like Mexico.

England just needs to bow down and accept Islam as their state religion and follow the Shariah laws, they already have Shariah courts in that country.

No, they don't have 'shariah courts', they do allow Muslims to use shariah law in matters of business or personal legal disputes - IF both parties want to use shariah. Jewish Brits are also afforded the same process and it has worked perfectly well for decades.

The current problems are because the Tory government is planning to implement a fee structure for students to pay for University. So the students are pissed, because they're gonna have bigger debts leaving University. The English University system is quite different in many ways to the US structure - I have benefited from seeing both up close and personal. The American system is - probably - better because of the way it functions. The English have always had 'free' education but it's unsustainable.

England just needs to embrace Islam as their state religion and use Shariah for everything anyways, the Muslims have already invaded that country anyways.

England just needs to bow down and accept Islam as their state religion and follow the Shariah laws, they already have Shariah courts in that country.

No, they don't have 'shariah courts', they do allow Muslims to use shariah law in matters of business or personal legal disputes - IF both parties want to use shariah. Jewish Brits are also afforded the same process and it has worked perfectly well for decades.

The current problems are because the Tory government is planning to implement a fee structure for students to pay for University. So the students are pissed, because they're gonna have bigger debts leaving University. The English University system is quite different in many ways to the US structure - I have benefited from seeing both up close and personal. The American system is - probably - better because of the way it functions. The English have always had 'free' education but it's unsustainable.

It's only free when the teachers, janitors, maintenance workers, librarians, etc. work for nothing. As long as there are costs, it is not free. It ain't that hard folks.

English Universities have, traditionally, been funded by the taxpayer - except for foreign students. Some years ago, the Government brought in a basic fee structure. They are now changing that structure and increasing the fees. At the same time, they are making it easier for students to pay back their loans. Personally, I think it's a pretty good deal but we are used to paying for our higher education whereas the English are not.

The students are pissed and perfectly within their rights to protest. They are not, however, entitled to trash the place the way some of them did. They behaved despicably. Shame on them.

It's only free when the teachers, janitors, maintenance workers, librarians, etc. work for nothing. As long as there are costs, it is not free. It ain't that hard folks.

English Universities have, traditionally, been funded by the taxpayer - except for foreign students. Some years ago, the Government brought in a basic fee structure. They are now changing that structure and increasing the fees. At the same time, they are making it easier for students to pay back their loans. Personally, I think it's a pretty good deal but we are used to paying for our higher education whereas the English are not.

The students are pissed and perfectly within their rights to protest. They are not, however, entitled to trash the place the way some of them did. They behaved despicably. Shame on them.

Education is "free" in France also. But they are not mandated to go after 14 [I think], and you have to earn your way into college. You're a rich mans son? But you got crap grades? to fricken bad, get a job. You're a poor underprivaledge kid? Bad grades? Get a job next to the rich mans son. Good grades is the only thing that gets you in, everyone else can piss off.

that is something we could consider.

Education is "free" in France also. But they are not mandated to go after 14 [I think], and you have to earn your way into college. You're a rich mans son? But you got crap grades? to fricken bad, get a job. You're a poor underprivaledge kid? Bad grades? Get a job next to the rich mans son. Good grades is the only thing that gets you in, everyone else can piss off.

that is something we could consider.

In the UK, they can leave school at 16. Or, if you get the grades, you can go on to do "A" levels - depending on your grades, you can get into University. The UK wants a knowledge based economy - hence they (stupidly in my opinion) sacrificed their manufacturing base. But... University is no longer 'free' in England. You want to go, you pay for it... but you don't start paying for it until you earn over a certain amount. And then, you only pay back when you are working - so if you are unemployed the debt does not increase and you don't have to make payments - it seems remarkably fair to me. University graduates earn more than non graduates so I see no reason why they should not pay. English students rarely get jobs while they're at University, which Americans do often. Seems to me the English kids just want to have a few years of partying before they grow up. Idiots.

Also, students from poor backgrounds can get a variety of dispensations so they don't pay all or even any of the fees.

Personally, I think the English Universities should consider shortening the courses so that students only do 2 year courses instead of three. They don't work that hard at University.

It's amazing how easily people ignore the root causes of this mess. We are fortunate to have a window into what lies in store for us if we don't get our shit together. Unfortunately, we have many who don't see the failures and flaws, only that nobody as smart as them has tried to implement it.

It's arrogance on a colossal scale.

You act like there's never been riots in this country... :eusa_whistle:

I guess they took a cue from the Muslims.

It's amazing how easily people ignore the root causes of this mess. We are fortunate to have a window into what lies in store for us if we don't get our shit together. Unfortunately, we have many who don't see the failures and flaws, only that nobody as smart as them has tried to implement it.

It's arrogance on a colossal scale.

Yep.

Creating a extremely small segment of extremely wealthy people while creating an extremely large segment of extremely poor people is always a good idea..

Right?

[/sarcasm]

I guess they took a cue from the Muslims.

No, most of the trouble was caused by paid anarchists. A lot of them weren't even university students.

I was 2 times in England (London). The first time was with school for a week.
We were separated in 3-boy/girl groups and redistributed to English families.
So, I actually slept in the house of an English family. Food was not great, at least our room was very big.

We did all the things tourists do in London. M.Tussauds, museums of the WW2 bunker, Westminster, and the Armory. Also that place where a guy has always the right to talk.
In England was the first time, when I was in a market-store that had open in the evening. And in England was the first time, when I gave money to a beggar who sat at stairs at the famous Bridge. It was 2 coins, I don't remember how much I gave her. She had a head-scarf and a children on the arms.

After school, I went again to England.
That's it, I probably won't go there anymore in my life. Maybe in 30 years, when g.-warming has made sunny beaches there.

Hyde Park

And don't you think we will be seeing this in America, sooner than later? Anarchy appears to me, to be a vital component, of the progressive agenda.

And don't you think we will be seeing this in America, sooner than later? Anarchy appears to me, to be a vital component, of the progressive agenda.

You can say that..but it's not.

Anarchy is the Anarchist agenda.

And conservatives like to point to it as an excuse to arm to the teeth (which in the end..seldom works).

Progressives are more into government solutions to prevent anarchy.

The EU is in flames and the dems want to copy what they did.

Since they can see the riots and the know why the riots are going on...

You can easily assume that is what the DNC wants to have happen here.
I'm certain the everyday liberal doesn't, but I'm certain the leadership does. It's frickin blatant.

The EU is having trouble because the governments is saying that they can bailout banks and other countries, have a super rich population, afford to put up royalty and pay for a war overseas..

But gosh..they have to raise tuition.

Yeppers..the people are going to be good with that..

:lol:

Last edited:

The anarchists certainly are from the left. Conservatives get the whole 'pay for yourself' thing.

I was 2 times in England (London). The first time was with school for a week.
We were separated in 3-boy/girl groups and redistributed to English families.
So, I actually slept in the house of an English family. Food was not great, at least our room was very big.

We did all the things tourists do in London. M.Tussauds, museums of the WW2 bunker, Westminster, and the Armory. Also that place where a guy has always the right to talk.
In England was the first time, when I was in a market-store that had open in the evening. And in England was the first time, when I gave money to a beggar who sat at stairs at the famous Bridge. It was 2 coins, I don't remember how much I gave her. She had a head-scarf and a children on the arms.

After school, I went again to England.
That's it, I probably won't go there anymore in my life. Maybe in 30 years, when g.-warming has made sunny beaches there.

Hyde Park

Yep. Speakers Corner.

And conservatives like to point to it as an excuse to arm to the teeth (which in the end..seldom works).

In my opinion, progressives are indeed into government solutions, but all the ones I know are into anarchy to try to achieve those goals of redistribution of other people's money. You know, create chaos, so the government can step in and take over. As they are trying to control the media...same purpose---power and control.

In my opinion, progressives are indeed into government solutions, but all the ones I know are into anarchy to try to achieve those goals of redistribution of other people's money. You know, create chaos, so the government can step in and take over. As they are trying to control the media...same purpose---power and control.

You get extremists at both ends. There are Conservatives that want rights taken away from people and military rule imposed. Cooler heads have to prevail to find solutions.

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall were travelling to the Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium on Thursday evening.

On Regent Street, their car was surrounded by as many as 20 demonstrators, chanting "Off with their heads" and "Tory scum". One of the windows was smashed and paint was thrown at the vehicle.

Former royal protection officer Ken Wharfe told the BBC the royals' "shiny brown limousine" was "a challenge" the crowd couldn't resist - and once it became a target, escape was very difficult.

BBC News - Could Charles and Camilla have been better protected?

New Topics

Forum List

Back