England has new Doner Laws. They have lost control

The problem I see with this is crooked doctors being PAID to take an organ for some rich person. Corruption. And we know it can and will happen. So poor Jane Doe is not dead..yet. But her kidney is needed by Lord or Lady Whomever..and their pockets are deep. So doctor makes sure Jane dies so the part can be sold.
That would be an American issue. British Healthcare is not motivated by greed.

The problem I see with this is crooked doctors being PAID to take an organ for some rich person. Corruption. And we know it can and will happen. So poor Jane Doe is not dead..yet. But her kidney is needed by Lord or Lady Whomever..and their pockets are deep. So doctor makes sure Jane dies so the part can be sold.
Must be why yer teeth are so bad, eh?

I was looking around the Europe for News and found that England has new laws that take away your right to NOT donate your organs.
The UK government are planning to make all citizens organ donors by default, without seeking their explicit permission.

Theresa Mayā€™s cabinet will introduce reformations to organ ā€˜donationā€™ laws which they say will increase the availability or organs for transplant by 700 per year, according to the BBC.

They will do this by effectively stripping UK citizensā€™ right to decide the fate of their own organs after they die, unless they specifically opt-out of the controversial new scheme.

Breitbart.com reports: The legislation is expected to be brought before the House of Commons when MPs return from recess in Autumn, and if Parliament approves the organ donation law, it will come into effect in England by Spring 2020.

Currently, Wales already operates such a system, Scotland is looking to introduce a similar scheme, and Northern Ireland is also considering it.

The law will mean that unless a person has expressed a wish to not donate their organs, doctors will presume the dead person is a donor.

There will be exceptions ā€” children under 18, those with diminished mental capabilities, and foreigners who have been in the country less than 12 months ā€” and relatives can still override the ā€˜presumed consentā€™, if the ā€˜donorā€™ has relatives in the first place to object.

Those who do want to opt out will be able to do so by using a National Health Service (NHS) app to be launched at the end of the year.

However, medical ethicist Dr Piers Benn raised several issues arising from the Government legally changing all Britons to presumed organ ā€˜donorsā€™, saying that it may leave some people feeling ā€œcheatedā€ and ā€œuncomfortableā€ with what has hitherto been treated as a ā€œgiftā€.

Dr Benn said the current system respected that ā€œyou know what youā€™re doing and youā€™re doing it because you want to save someoneā€™s lifeā€, he told Sky News on Sunday.

ā€œThe problem with opt-outs is that ā€” while it does save lives ā€” people may not be aware that that is the default assumption. so people will be ā€˜donatingā€™ their organs without knowing they are doing that.ā€

Asked by the news anchor whether it would give doctors licence to take your organs, the medical ethicist said: ā€œSometimes if there is no known wish a doctor can approach relatives and some relatives decide not to donate.

ā€œBut the issue really is how do we weigh up the number of lives saved with the need to respect fully the consent of the person who has just died to what happens to their organs.ā€

Recognising that the 700 additional organs would be available every year under the new system by virtue of being taken by the deceased who may not have expressed a wish to donate when alive, Dr Benn observed that ā€œThere is something lost [in this system].

ā€œI donā€™t say this solves the issue completely as it removes that you know what youā€™re doing and youā€™re giving.

ā€œAfter all, no one has an obligation to save strangersā€™ lives.ā€

Asked whether it would make people feel that the government is presuming ownership over there body, the medical ethicist reiterated that you can opt out ā€” but that it was down to a person reading the ā€œsmall printā€.

ā€œYou can opt out but you have to be pretty savvy to do so. Of course, the reason why the government have shifted from the opt-in to the opt-out position is to increase donations ā€” which is a good thing, but done in a way which is at risk of being done by slight of hand.ā€

I wonder if these laws are active in Canada.?

Itā€™s completely fair and logical for the English government to demand your organs upon your death. When the citizenship accepts a universal healthcare system they are no longer responsible or in control of their own body, even after they are dead.
Nobody is demanding. You can opt out if you feel strongly about it. Its working well all over the world.
It isnā€™t working well all over the world, nor even in your backwater. Quit lying.
I had a thought that what if the Government needs a kidney and you have two, does that mean they can take yours while you are still alive? How about loan or lease, a vagina for birth of someone else s kid.

You are right they have pretty much beaten down the pay system. That is what my ortho Doc told me. He is a legal Immigrate to the US.

The surgeon who steals the organ may not know the recipient but the surgeon who placed the order certainly does. Once you are a donor no doctor has any incentive to keep you alive. You literally become worth more dead.

And the person getting those organs becomes a kind of monster cobbled together out of cadaver parts.
Afraid they are going to get them before you die?

The surgeon who steals the organ may not know the recipient but the surgeon who placed the order certainly does. Once you are a donor no doctor has any incentive to keep you alive. You literally become worth more dead.

And the person getting those organs becomes a kind of monster cobbled together out of cadaver parts.

Everyone should be afraid that their organs will be harvested before they die. Harvests are always from the living. Never from the dead.

Everyone should be afraid that their organs will be harvested before they die. Harvests are always from the living. Never from the dead.

Those US corporations need to turn a profit. I would be worried if the free market was looking after me.

Those US corporations need to turn a profit. I would be worried if the free market was looking after me.

I don't trust my government, no matter which party has control.
At least with the free market I will have a choice, not so much with government

That's a good point, actually. The free market doesn't "look after" anyone. You have to do that for yourself.

Forum List

Back