England a 'Police State', Says Springsteen Guitarist...

You should change your name to Neutronium to reflect just how impossibly dense you are.

Try to be more decisive and coherent in your posts. Your waffling ramblings do become very boring. Just a suggestion anyway.

You must not be a good reader, there are more nuanced opinions than just everything the authorities do in England is an indication of a police state, I was told to leave a state park a few weeks ago because it closes an hour before dark, was I the victim of a tyrannical police state?

Yeah, but you're not Silvio, are you?

I've been saying this for many years. So kudos to Mr. Van Zandt. The British People only live an illusion that they're a Free People. And it's very sad to see our own Nation following them down that same path.

Steven Van Zandt, a guitarist in Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band, has accused England of becoming “police state” after “The Boss” and Sir Paul McCartney were silenced for breaching a council curfew at Hard Rock Calling.

Van Zandt, 61, who has also starred in cult US drama series The Sopranos, aired his frustration at the gig's premature ending at the concert in Hyde Park, central London on Saturday night.

Organisers said it was "unfortunate" that the performance was stopped at the end but insisted the curfew was put in place for to help protect "public health and safety". The decision, however, sparked outrage amongst fans while Van Zandt took to Twitter to accuse England of becoming a “police state”.

Sir Paul had joined Springsteen, 62, and his E Street band on stage at the Hard Rock Calling music festival following a performance by the American rock star that had lasted more than three hours.

The US singer greeted the former Beatle, 70, by saying “I’ve been waiting for this for 50 years”. Springsteen, known for his long performances, had exceeded the curfew by half an hour. After belting out hits such as Born In The USA and Because The Night, he welcomed Sir Paul to the stage to sing Beatles hits I Saw Her Standing There and Twist and Shout.

But after singing two Beatles hits both performers were forced to leave the stage in silence after their sound equipment was turned off - meaning they were unable to thank the audience. The band had stood for some minutes, bemused and bowing, before speaking their thanks into switched-off microphones to growing jeers.

In a series of angry tweets from @StevieVanZandt, Springsteen's guitarist said: "One of the great gigs ever in my opinion. But seriously, when did England become a police state?

Hard Rock Calling 2012: England a 'police state', says Bruce Springsteen guitarist - Telegraph
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Jee whiz, I can tell you've never been to Hyde park on a Sunday.

Had no idea that it was "police state" to enforce a curfew in a public park
. If you hadn't noticed, many if not most public parks in the U.S. have curfews. Lord almighty you people are stupid.

Not what you 'Occupy' Poser Wingnuts were saying a few months back. Now all of a sudden, you're fiercely rabid Authority-Worshippers. You people are such confused buffoons. :cuckoo:

I've been saying this for many years. So kudos to Mr. Van Zandt. The British People only live an illusion that they're a Free People. And it's very sad to see our own Nation following them down that same path.

Steven Van Zandt, a guitarist in Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band, has accused England of becoming “police state” after “The Boss” and Sir Paul McCartney were silenced for breaching a council curfew at Hard Rock Calling.

Van Zandt, 61, who has also starred in cult US drama series The Sopranos, aired his frustration at the gig's premature ending at the concert in Hyde Park, central London on Saturday night.

Organisers said it was "unfortunate" that the performance was stopped at the end but insisted the curfew was put in place for to help protect "public health and safety". The decision, however, sparked outrage amongst fans while Van Zandt took to Twitter to accuse England of becoming a “police state”.

Sir Paul had joined Springsteen, 62, and his E Street band on stage at the Hard Rock Calling music festival following a performance by the American rock star that had lasted more than three hours.

The US singer greeted the former Beatle, 70, by saying “I’ve been waiting for this for 50 years”. Springsteen, known for his long performances, had exceeded the curfew by half an hour. After belting out hits such as Born In The USA and Because The Night, he welcomed Sir Paul to the stage to sing Beatles hits I Saw Her Standing There and Twist and Shout.

But after singing two Beatles hits both performers were forced to leave the stage in silence after their sound equipment was turned off - meaning they were unable to thank the audience. The band had stood for some minutes, bemused and bowing, before speaking their thanks into switched-off microphones to growing jeers.

In a series of angry tweets from @StevieVanZandt, Springsteen's guitarist said: "One of the great gigs ever in my opinion. But seriously, when did England become a police state?

Hard Rock Calling 2012: England a 'police state', says Bruce Springsteen guitarist - Telegraph
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

. If you hadn't noticed, many if not most public parks in the U.S. have curfews. Lord almighty you people are stupid.

Not what you 'Occupy' Poser Wingnuts were saying a few months back. Now all of a sudden, you're fiercely rabid Authority-Worshippers. You people are such confused buffoons. :cuckoo:
I
Funny you didnt' mention you though a park curfew as a "police state" until Silvio got his feewings hurt. I guess FOX Opinions hadn't yet told you what to think on that issue.

Never been to an occupy protest.

Sorry.

Wrong guy.

Last edited:

I
Funny you didnt' mention you though a park curfew as a "police state" until Silvio got his feewings hurt. I guess FOX Opinions hadn't yet told you what to think on that issue.

Never been to an occupy protest.

Sorry.

Wrong guy.

Well, you are one of the most rabid defenders of the 'Occupiers' on this Board. So why now the loyal Authority-Worshipper? You're a very confused person.

Now the thread is about occupy? I thought it was about some spoiled big shot getting treated like any other person.

Well, you are one of the most rabid defenders of the 'Occupiers' on this Board.

Nope.

I have a general aversion to hippies.

I'll hold you to that in the future. Most 'Occupy' defenders on this Board were hysterically outraged when Big Brother wanted to shut their parties down. But i'll take you at your word. If you say you're not a rabid 'Occupy' cheerleader, i'll accept that.

The organizers knew the time limit and presumably told the band, who according to the story played beyond the time allotted. But a superstar's guitar picker thinks the rules shouldn't apply to them. So the authorities shut them down. Next time, obey the rules or stay home.

I just hope Dublin is a little more laid back.... I'm seeing Springsteen there tomorrow night. I am so damned excited. Seriously.

The organizers knew the time limit and presumably told the band, who according to the story played beyond the time allotted. But a superstar's guitar picker thinks the rules shouldn't apply to them. So the authorities shut them down. Next time, obey the rules or stay home.

I just hope Dublin is a little more laid back.... I'm seeing Springsteen there tomorrow night. I am so damned excited. Seriously.

Cool. Have fun. :)

imagine drudge using bruce and his guys to make a point. the drudge sludge went insane when bruce did the vote for change tour back in 2004. slimed bruce's political website.

and you'd hate steve van zandt's politics. but it is funny seeing you all latch on to him.

Well, you are one of the most rabid defenders of the 'Occupiers' on this Board.

Nope.

I have a general aversion to hippies.

I'll hold you to that in the future. Most 'Occupy' defenders on this Board were hysterically outraged when Big Brother wanted to shut their parties down. But i'll take you at your word. If you say you're not a rabid 'Occupy' cheerleader, i'll accept that.

You don't need to take my word, my posting history is public.

Forum List

Back