England a 'Police State', Says Springsteen Guitarist...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I've been saying this for many years. So kudos to Mr. Van Zandt. The British People only live an illusion that they're a Free People. And it's very sad to see our own Nation following them down that same path.

Steven Van Zandt, a guitarist in Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band, has accused England of becoming “police state” after “The Boss” and Sir Paul McCartney were silenced for breaching a council curfew at Hard Rock Calling.

Van Zandt, 61, who has also starred in cult US drama series The Sopranos, aired his frustration at the gig's premature ending at the concert in Hyde Park, central London on Saturday night.

Organisers said it was "unfortunate" that the performance was stopped at the end but insisted the curfew was put in place for to help protect "public health and safety". The decision, however, sparked outrage amongst fans while Van Zandt took to Twitter to accuse England of becoming a “police state”.

Sir Paul had joined Springsteen, 62, and his E Street band on stage at the Hard Rock Calling music festival following a performance by the American rock star that had lasted more than three hours.

The US singer greeted the former Beatle, 70, by saying “I’ve been waiting for this for 50 years”. Springsteen, known for his long performances, had exceeded the curfew by half an hour. After belting out hits such as Born In The USA and Because The Night, he welcomed Sir Paul to the stage to sing Beatles hits I Saw Her Standing There and Twist and Shout.

But after singing two Beatles hits both performers were forced to leave the stage in silence after their sound equipment was turned off - meaning they were unable to thank the audience. The band had stood for some minutes, bemused and bowing, before speaking their thanks into switched-off microphones to growing jeers.

In a series of angry tweets from @StevieVanZandt, Springsteen's guitarist said: "One of the great gigs ever in my opinion. But seriously, when did England become a police state?

Hard Rock Calling 2012: England a 'police state', says Bruce Springsteen guitarist - Telegraph
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

You always get what Brits have, from music to syphilis to empire to downfall (now playing).
Independence my ass. You won the battle, they won the war $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You always get what Brits have, from music to syphilis to empire to downfall (now playing).
Independence my ass. You won the battle, they won the war $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Does appear we are following their 'Police State' lead. It's very sad.

What a crock, Britain may indeed be a police state but this is not an example of that. It's not like the police just arbitrarily ended things, I am sure everyone involved was made aware of the standing curfew beforehand, pretty crappy thing to happen to be sure, but a police state would have never allowed a large public gathering to begin with.

What a crock, Britain may indeed be a police state but this is not an example of that. It's not like the police just arbitrarily ended things, I am sure everyone involved was made aware of the standing curfew beforehand, pretty crappy thing to happen to be sure, but a police state would have never allowed a large public gathering to begin with.

Funny and ironic, a self-proclaimed "Occupier" would defend this. You are a poser. You just sealed the deal on that. Good job. :clap2:

Funny and ironic, a self-proclaimed "Occupier" would defend this. You are a poser. You just sealed the deal on that. Good job. :clap2:

It would be nice if you would actually read things people say to you, The occupiers were/are a political protest, a different animal than a rock concert. The occupiers also knew at the start that they were pushing the limits of allowable public protest and were fully prepared for their eventual forcible eviction. You must just google "police state" everyday and just post whatever crap comes up.

I've been saying this for many years. So kudos to Mr. Van Zandt. The British People only live an illusion that they're a Free People. And it's very sad to see our own Nation following them down that same path.

Steven Van Zandt, a guitarist in Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band, has accused England of becoming “police state” after “The Boss” and Sir Paul McCartney were silenced for breaching a council curfew at Hard Rock Calling.

Van Zandt, 61, who has also starred in cult US drama series The Sopranos, aired his frustration at the gig's premature ending at the concert in Hyde Park, central London on Saturday night.

Organisers said it was "unfortunate" that the performance was stopped at the end but insisted the curfew was put in place for to help protect "public health and safety". The decision, however, sparked outrage amongst fans while Van Zandt took to Twitter to accuse England of becoming a “police state”.

Sir Paul had joined Springsteen, 62, and his E Street band on stage at the Hard Rock Calling music festival following a performance by the American rock star that had lasted more than three hours.

The US singer greeted the former Beatle, 70, by saying “I’ve been waiting for this for 50 years”. Springsteen, known for his long performances, had exceeded the curfew by half an hour. After belting out hits such as Born In The USA and Because The Night, he welcomed Sir Paul to the stage to sing Beatles hits I Saw Her Standing There and Twist and Shout.

But after singing two Beatles hits both performers were forced to leave the stage in silence after their sound equipment was turned off - meaning they were unable to thank the audience. The band had stood for some minutes, bemused and bowing, before speaking their thanks into switched-off microphones to growing jeers.

In a series of angry tweets from @StevieVanZandt, Springsteen's guitarist said: "One of the great gigs ever in my opinion. But seriously, when did England become a police state?

Hard Rock Calling 2012: England a 'police state', says Bruce Springsteen guitarist - Telegraph
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

The english sissies just ticketed a man for observing a females rear end.

It would be nice if you would actually read things people say to you, The occupiers were/are a political protest, a different animal than a rock concert. The occupiers also knew at the start that they were pushing the limits of allowable public protest and were fully prepared for their eventual forcible eviction. You must just google "police state" everyday and just post whatever crap comes up.

Defending the Police State. Man, you are a poser of the worst kind. You're no 'Occupier.' You're worse. You're a poser.

Defending the Police State. Man, you are a poser of the worst kind. You're no 'Occupier.' You're worse. You're a poser.

This coming from a republican Romney supporter who runs around posing as a libertarian.

The organizers knew the time limit and presumably told the band, who according to the story played beyond the time allotted. But a superstar's guitar picker thinks the rules shouldn't apply to them. So the authorities shut them down. Next time, obey the rules or stay home.

This coming from a republican Romney supporter who runs around posing as a libertarian.

Just keep on Goose Stepping. That's what you do best. A real 'Occupier' would want to bitch-slap you.

The organizers knew the time limit and presumably told the band, who according to the story played beyond the time allotted. But a superstar's guitar picker thinks the rules shouldn't apply to them. So the authorities shut them down. Next time, obey the rules or stay home.

Yes we all need big government telling us its bed time..............Idiot.............

Just keep on Goose Stepping. That's what you do best. A real 'Occupier' would want to bitch-slap you.

If you're voting for Romney I'm sure a real Paul supporter would want to bitch-slap you so it all works it self out in the end.

Yes we all need big government telling us its bed time..............Idiot.............

The Goose Steppers need to be told how to live. They're all about the Authority-Worship. It is sad, but it is what it is.

Maybe you need to learn the difference between a political protest that has put up with far worse than that guy is crying about and a spoiled rock star whining that the authorities did not bend the rules for their spoiled asses. To be even in the same universe they would have brought generators and played for 30 days while under constant attack from the police. I have little patience for spoiled whining and if you consider what you have posted you would see that it is nothing but whining about something that has a lot more to do with thwarted superstar elitism than politics.

Maybe you need to learn the difference between a political protest that has put up with far worse than that guy is crying about and a spoiled rock star whining that the authorities did not bend the rules for their spoiled asses. To be even in the same universe they would have brought generators and played for 30 days while under constant attack from the police. I have little patience for spoiled whining and if you consider what you have posted you would see that it is nothing but whining about something that has a lot more to do with thwarted superstar elitism than politics.

That's why you're a Poser, and not a real 'Occupier.' You defend the Police State much too much to be considered a real 'Occupier.' You would be showing some real honesty & integrity if you dropped your handle.

Forum List

Back