Energy "the new crack"

Mr. Right

Jul 12, 2008
South Jersey
I have to put this in it's most basic terms.

We [MAN] have always fought over energy.

Food is energy. Land is energy beacuse we grow food on it as well as heat our homes and feed livestock on it.

It all equals fuel in today' world.

Oil, coal, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, Hydro etc.

We and the rest of the world needs it to sustain ourselves.

We have reached a standard of living that needs to be fed by energy.

We will not lower our way of life. Get over it.

We will drill.
We will develop new sources.
We will make it more efficient.

We will not go back to riding horses and living in caves.

As soon as some understand the problem, then we all can come together and agree on drilling now.

If liberals were so smart, they'd be the ones finding a new way to make energy without polution.

In the meantime, we need oil now.

Russia is securing their oil right now.

We will have Alaska and Iraq maybe someday soon Venesuela.

We should flood the world's market with oil get the price down to $1 per.gal. gas.

OPEC like all unions needs to be broken up.

This is exactly true. The more energy we have the higher standard of living we have, and to reduce energy is to reduce the standard of living. It's pretty simple.

I was right there cheering you on until you just had to put this gratuitious remark

If liberals were so smart, they'd be the ones finding a new way to make energy without polution.

into what otherwise seemed to me to be an entirely sensible post:

You just can't get that whitehats/blackhats world view out of your mind, can you?

What do you mean we will "have" Iraq and Venezuela?

Are you implying that we will someday own Venezuela?

That would be sort of cool...

It'd be cool, when your whole 'backyard' becomes a burning inferno like the Middle East.

Please, an invasion of Venezuela? Haven't you guys done enough harm down here, already?

However, you're right, uh, Right. Russia is indeed securing it's oil by any means, and so is the US. China's trying to get there. What I don't understand is what you mean by "we". You certainly don't have Iraq's oil. ExxonMobile has Iraq's oil, Chevron has Iraq's oil, and BP, Shell, and Total have Iraq's oil. But I certainly don't think YOU have it, by any stretch of the imagination.

But oh well, keep the banner waving, Mr. People's Commissar.

What do you mean we will "have" Iraq and Venezuela?

Are you implying that we will someday own Venezuela?

Not at all.

America liberates people and they can buy crap from us too. It's a two way street.

Right now Venesuela has a Despot in power. He gets all the money and his people suffer.

When Venesuaela is free, then the entire region can prosper.

Who knows maybe we can make Chevy's down there.

Not at all.

America liberates people and they can buy crap from us too. It's a two way street.

Right now Venesuela has a Despot in power. He gets all the money and his people suffer.

When Venesuaela is free, then the entire region can prosper.

Who knows maybe we can make Chevy's down there.

What makes you think that Venezuela needs to be liberated, by you no less? You mean liberated from the guy they elected and re-elected? Liberated from their democracy, is what you mean, because they elected the "wrong" guy; voted the "wrong" way. Point in fact is, he might become a despot, but he has said he will step down in 2013 when his term is up (due to his losing the last referendum he held, and honoring the result). If he doesn't do that, then you can call him a despot. Until then, I don't understand what you're freeing and why.

We need a multi faced energy plan, which we have never had.

Every house in America should have solar shingles. There should be fuel efficiency requirements for cars. We should start wind farms, algae based ethanol, and increased domestic oil production. We are in a national emergency.

The people of America are America.

The corporations chartered in America are not.

We are not Exxonmobile, neither are we any corporation.

They can, and do when it suits them, charter elsewhere.

I do so wish americans understood the difference between citizens and legal fictions, but given that our Supreme courts apparently do not, I really can't blame people for being confused by the difference.

What makes you think that Venezuela needs to be liberated, by you no less? You mean liberated from the guy they elected and re-elected? Liberated from their democracy, is what you mean, because they elected the "wrong" guy; voted the "wrong" way. Point in fact is, he might become a despot, but he has said he will step down in 2013 when his term is up (due to his losing the last referendum he held, and honoring the result). If he doesn't do that, then you can call him a despot. Until then, I don't understand what you're freeing and why.

Uhhh... The United Nations CONDEMED the Venezuelan elections as a farce. Chavez is nothing more than another in a long line of Latin American dictators. Venezuelan Democracy is a classic oxymoron.... believed in only by, of course, morons

The people of America are America.

The corporations chartered in America are not.

We are not Exxonmobile, neither are we any corporation.

They can, and do when it suits them, charter elsewhere.

I do so wish americans understood the difference between citizens and legal fictions, but given that our Supreme courts apparently do not, I really can't blame people for being confused by the difference.

The energy companies are one of the nation's biggest employers and pay the absolute HIGHEST wages of any major employer in the country. Do you have any idea what a typical hard-hat blue collar platform worker makes? Offshore master welders, alone, make over 100k a year. And that's for six months work. Do it in Iraq and and DOUBLE that. And those are dollars that make it back into our economy.

And most of your pension plans and 401k plans have significant investments in these companies. What is good for Exxon is GOOD for the country the same way it is for GM, WalMart, or any other American firm

The energy companies are one of the nation's biggest employers and pay the absolute HIGHEST wages of any major employer in the country. Do you have any idea what a typical hard-hat blue collar platform worker makes? Offshore master welders, alone, make over 100k a year. And that's for six months work. Do it in Iraq and and DOUBLE that. And those are dollars that make it back into our economy.

And most of your pension plans and 401k plans have significant investments in these companies. What is good for Exxon is GOOD for the country the same way it is for GM, WalMart, or any other American firm

Thank you for the your input.

Us'n field hands need to be cheered up once in a while, and knowing that de better folks treat sum of us po' folks real nice surely does make us all feel more cordial to dem.

Now go polish your masters boots, hon, or you'll catch a whuppin, sure 'nuf

Fuck Exxon and the horse they rode in on.

Every American can be there own energy company.

Uhhh... The United Nations CONDEMED the Venezuelan elections as a farce. Chavez is nothing more than another in a long line of Latin American dictators. Venezuelan Democracy is a classic oxymoron.... believed in only by, of course, morons

Link please? Preferably from the UN itself, the resolution if possible. I can't seem to find that anywhere. I do know that the OAS and the EU (as well as Mercosur) had observers, which declared there weren't abuses.

For YOUR information, a lot of those in that long line of dictators have been placed in power by your own Intelligence agency, and recieved full support from the United States, yet no one even SQUEAKS at those. Then this one guys comes along, is actually elected (until you give me some proof of the electoral fraud, at which point we can disregard) and somehow he becomes the most brutal dictator in the region. Certainly hope you were just as eager to denounce the Guatemalan, Argentina, or Brazillian Juntas, and Somoza, Noriega, and Pinochet.

Forum List

Back