Energy Independence - Why liberals are against it.

Solar panels that cost less than $1 per watt to produce are on their way, as Colorado State University's new method for low-cost, high-efficiency solar panels looks set to begin mass production. The panels will be made by AVA Solar, and production should start towards the end of next year at a huge factory employing 500 people.

The cost reduction comes from the new, continuous manufacturing process which uses cadmium telluride thin film rather than the more expensive crystalline silicon. Once manufactured, the cost to buyers could be brought down to $2 per watt, which is roughly half the current cost of solar panels.

The process is also greener, with less wastage than previous systems. Only 2% of materials need to be recycled. "This technology offers a significant improvement in capital and labor productivity and overall manufacturing efficiency," said the director of Colorado State's Materials Engineering Laboratory, Professor W.S. Sampath.
New Solar Panels Produced at Less Than $1 Per Watt : TreeHugger

On your initial post, you left out a key source of energy. I would have numbered the list to five and included geothermal energy. Geothermal is actually much more cost effective and available that wind, solar, or hydro...

Now there are many more articles if you google " 1 dollar a watt solar". Cheap solar is not something for the future, it is now.

Truely, and it will only get better and cheaper as time goes on.

Imagine if we had spend our money on things like this instead of wasting $700 billion dollars in Iraq.

Having ties to the energy sector, I find it troubling that we are unable to achieve energy independence in this nation. The problem is less about our ability and more about our inhibitions.

1. Oil - We have lots. Let's get it while it's available and bridge the switch to something better.
2. Wind - Stop protests of windfarms. You can't argue that they are bad for the environment when compared to other options.
3. Solar - I'm shocked to say, but for some reason the liberals protest these too.... why?
4. Nuclear - Quite possibly the safest of plants, and clearly the most efficient, yet we don't build them because they are "bad".

The reason we don't have the options we seek is that it would give large groups of people nothing to complain about. They would instead have to find jobs, something they aren't accustomed to. Further, Al Gore would not make money off his carbon offset credit scam, which is quite possibly the most brilliant scam I have seen in my lifetime.

You are wasting your time in the energy business. With all the platitudes and sweeping generalizations you should be in the anti liberal bumper sticker business.
You came up with more bullshit per line than statistically possible for even an average neo - con. Stop watching Rush and Sean. They are stealing your brain and replacing it with a playback machine.

Forum List

Back