Energy expert Dr. Daniel Fine discusses Nprth Carolina's Shale Gas and "Fracking"

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
Bully for him to promote fracking in NC.
But other states are also using best practices, the best technology, and the best legal landscape.

Illinois is on the cusp of its own shale fracturing boom. The thing is, we've been fracking for 60 years in this state- just not horizontally. Ergo DNR's rules and regs already adequately address practices, technology, and legal landscape.

The only new phenomenon is the hysteria being perpetrated by the Liberal agenda.

What I would like to know is why, in every case where FRACKERS get sued for destroying somebody's ground water wells, the FRACKERS settle OUT OF COURT and the case is therefore SEALED from public view.

Tell ya most people think, though.

The FRACKERS destroyed the water wells, paid off the injured parties and by settling, and having the cases sealed, they are hiding the pernicious effect from study.

That is the conclusion of the EPA, too, folks.

What I would like to know is why, in every case where FRACKERS get sued for destroying somebody's ground water wells, the FRACKERS settle OUT OF COURT and the case is therefore SEALED from public view.

The FRACKERS destroyed the water wells, paid off the injured parties and by settling, and having the cases sealed, they are hiding the pernicious effect from study.

Really? Do you have a reference where the EPA says they are being thwarted by the evils of.....our judicial system? Interesting that the very instruments they use to torture others and then claim FOUL when the same systems cause them trouble.

So the anti-fracking activists base their opinion on the assumption that secret cases are settled out of court. That's an interesting way to gather data. Global warming "pseudo-scientists" probably gather data the same way. They just assume it.

How come I couldn't find a bio on Dr. Daniel Fine?

He be hangin' with Dr. Howard...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53KcqITIPlA]Three stooges Dr Howard Dr Fine Dr Howard - YouTube[/ame]

You know on another thread, someone pointed out what some "scientist" said. So I go and look up this "scientist" and find out his credentials are "computer science, television and writing fiction" AND THAT WAS IT. When I pointed it out, the person said, "Einstein never went to college". It was on my thread where I pointed out the PEW research that only a measly 6% of scientists are Republican. Republicans deny, deny, deny.

RGR can't be serious. The EPA has made a fool of itself in Pavillion.

The EPA study of hydraulic fracturing in Pavillion was quite the interesting piece, to be sure. But my comment was on about someone complaining as though their use of the judicial system was somehow...unsavory.

Bully for him to promote fracking in NC.
But other states are also using best practices, the best technology, and the best legal landscape.

Illinois is on the cusp of its own shale fracturing boom. The thing is, we've been fracking for 60 years in this state- just not horizontally. Ergo DNR's rules and regs already adequately address practices, technology, and legal landscape.

The only new phenomenon is the hysteria being perpetrated by the Liberal agenda.

Yes because contaminating drinking water, causing earthquakes and further polluting our air with fossil fuels is just a conspiracy theory perpetrated by ever scientist in the world

Forum List

Back